Currently 116 KG and goal weight is 75 Kg !

2»

Replies

• allycs85
    allycs85 Posts: 40 Member
    You can totally do it. Like others have said if the amount you need to lose is a bit daunting try smaller goals. Say 5 or 10 kg smash that then move on to the next smaller goal. It all adds up.
  • Farahfarooha
    Farahfarooha Posts: 7 Member
    >:) Ok ,I have been logging in for a week and working out and doing everything right.I weigh myself today and NO weight loss at all ! 😡😡
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    >:) Ok ,I have been logging in for a week and working out and doing everything right.I weigh myself today and NO weight loss at all ! 😡😡

It's so frustrating the weeks the scales don't move. Give it another week, make sure you log everything and also, eat enough, sleep enough, be kind to yourself! It will move eventually if you keep doing the right things, but even then it might not be every week!
  • Farahfarooha
    Farahfarooha Posts: 7 Member
    Ok and just to make sure my calories are calculated correctly.My height is 5’4” and weight 255.Some calculators say 1600 and others say 1300.Which one is it?
  • nurabh94
    nurabh94 Posts: 38 Member
    I’m in the same boat. At 5ft1 I started at 93kg and now I’m 87.4kg. It really is one day at a time, making sustainable changes and identifying triggers or understanding cravings.
    Cooking at home is also very helpful to adequately track what’s going in and uses less oil and salt.
    Body Project YouTube videos are the best for cardio with real life looking people on the screen too which is so motivating and makes you feel comfortable which is a great way to get into exercising more.
    I also found small tips to help with portion sizes (which was my biggest problem as I’m a chronic plate finisher) which is to use smaller plates and leave an inch round the sides (makes it so aesthetically pleasing actually!) and to put snacks on plates so you can actually SEE how much there is.

Good luck! We got this! Feel free to add as friend if you want encouragement !!
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Perhaps instead of thinking about all the weight you want to lose, think about losing the first pound, then another, then 5 pounds etc. “Break” your goal down into smaller goals
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    I started out at 115 kg last July and am now at 94kg. I too am aiming for <75kg and I had hoped to be there by next month. Obviously that won’t happen now! but I’m alright with the slow and steady progress because for the first time in my life I am also trying to address the deep psychological factors that have been the root cause of my yo-yo weight cycles my whole life. Once I see the overall downward trend that keeps me going. I agree with all the other comments re logging, mini-goals and other great advice but for me, half-way through my journey, it’s only when I changed the goal to be enjoying the process rather than straining for a number have I felt happy and self-sufficient in my weight loss. Impatience has always been a weakness of mine so I fully relate to the desire to get there ASAP, but once you start to see positive changes day by day, week by week,they all add up! It totally can be done. Best of luck to you!

Congratulations on your results. I think enjoying the journey helps you to appreciate what you are accomplishing. Good luck going forward.

• KayakerJoe
    KayakerJoe Posts: 80 Member
    5:2 rocks!

I lost 5stone in 6 months. Never looked back!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Ok and just to make sure my calories are calculated correctly.My height is 5’4” and weight 255.Some calculators say 1600 and others say 1300.Which one is it?

I'd say 1600 would be a good place to start. 1300 would be all right but it could be too restrictive. You'll definitely need the 1600 if you exercise at all. When I started out I was 245 at 5' 3" and I had a body scan done. My total daily energy expenditure, just living, was about 2400 calories. So to lose 2 pounds a week I set my goal at 1400 calories, then ate back half my exercise calories. Sometimes I went lower, sometimes higher, but that was my general target. I've gotten rid of 53 pounds since january 6 of this year with more of the weight loss before lockdown. I prioritized protein and cut as much sugar as I could. I just wanted to give you an idea of what has worked for someone similar to your weight and height.
  • CazzKeewee
    CazzKeewee Posts: 5 Member
    I have lost about 10kg at the most at times and am starting again now at 113kg. I just keep thinking to myself I felt so good 5kg down, I felt awesome 10kg down. You don't have to be at your goal to feel good - there will be looks of I feel Awesome times along the way to look forward to :)
  • sachinlatiyaan1986
    sachinlatiyaan1986 Posts: 1 Member
    dude you can do this just focus on today. do not think of result too much. just work on
  • oonacagney
    oonacagney Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2020
    I started out at 114kg back in Jan 2020, so a very similar place to you. I decided to do Whole30, which is a strict whole foods plan for 30 days. There is no weighing yourself for the 30 days, because it is about finding out if you have foods that don't agree with you and changing your relationship with food. (Whole 30 is not a long term diet plan, it's a 30 day reset)

After 30 days I was down 8kg!!! I went back to eating all the foods I had been before. However, I ate less crap because doing the Whole30 proved that I did have time in my day to prepare all my food and now I felt guilty about reaching for a freezer pizza or dialing a takeaway because I could make delicious food myself. Now, don't get me wrong, I still enjoy all that food but much less often.

My biggest take away from doing the Whole30 was eating three times a day only. No snacking! I eat what I want at mealtimes, treats, desserts, the whole lot. But when I get up from the table I am done! I currently weigh 94.5kg.
    My goal weight is 65kg, I will probably have to cut out the second potato and the third slice of bread and start counting calories as I get closer to my goal but at the moment I am still losing.

I think when you are starting this journey you have to make small changes that work for you, and if they stop working its time to reevaluate and make another small change! This is is a commitment you are making to yourself, put yourself first for once, you are worth it!!

Best of luck, you are fabulous.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!