Keto and slowly gaining again. 😔

I’m working out and staying within my macros but I’m slowly gaining weight again. What can I do to turn my progress back around?

Replies

• umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    Hey there. I have a few questions for you that might help some of us answer your concern.

Have you changed the ratio of your macros at all or increased your caloric intake? Have you been undergoing a different type of training at all such as beginning to lift heavier weights? How is your sodium intake and how much water do you consume on average?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    edited July 2020
    I gain weight when my carbs are too high (more than 40%). It doesn't matter how low my calories if it's too many carbs. I did well on Whole 30 (which is like keto) because it was fat. I simply shed pounds on Whole 30.

I also gain weight if I don't exercise enough, but you are say you are.

Finally, it's really easy to mis-report your calories over time if you don't weigh or measure. You might try to strictly for a week and see if that changes your perspective on portion size. That's enough classic problem people have for long term weight gain.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    nxd10 wrote: »
    I gain weight when my carbs are too high (more than 40%). It doesn't matter how low my calories if it's too many carbs. I did well on Whole 30 (which is like keto) because it was fat. I simply shed pounds on Whole 30.

I also gain weight if I don't exercise enough, but you are say you are.

Finally, it's really easy to mis-report your calories over time if you don't weigh or measure. You might try to strictly for a week and see if that changes your perspective on portion size. That's enough classic problem people have for long term weight gain.

While I eat very similar to the whole30 protocol, but it is nothing like keto. I could do a high carb whole30. It works by increasing protein, fiber, lowering the ED of the food, and eliminates hyper processed foods.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    edited July 2020
    psychod787 wrote: »
    lowering the ED of the food

Would that be "eating disorders" of the food, or "energy density" of the food? :innocent:

<a guy can't post without a smart-kitten commenting, hey?!> :lol:
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited July 2020
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    lowering the ED of the food

Would that be "eating disorders" of the food, or "energy density" of the food? :innocent:

<a guy can't post without a smart-kitten commenting, hey?!> :lol:
    I'll take a jab from the "legend". ;) suckle suckle Romulus.....
  • Dayannahernandez30
    Dayannahernandez30 Posts: 30 Member
    🤸🏾‍♂️🤸🏾‍♂️