Things YOU say when you lose weight

donidaily
donidaily Posts: 825 Member
Inspired by the "Things people say when you lose weight" thread I wanted to ask how you react when people notice your weight loss?

I have noticed I try to dismiss it, saying something vague like "oh yes I have lost a little bit" or "I've been doing a lot of yoga, that must be what you're noticing", when the reality is this is something I am thinking about and working on every. single. day. and I know exactly how much I have lost down to the pound and the inch.

What's up with that? What do you say to gracefully own and be proud of your efforts?

Replies

• sazzym2020
    sazzym2020 Posts: 29 Member
    I have lost weight in the past by dieting and exercising and everyone wants to know everything and I mean everything. Putting some of the weight back on and going vegan when I am asked now I simply say I am now vegan, you literally and hear the tumbleweed rolling past and then the subject is swiftly changed.

Haha, this is excellent. I'm going to do this. I was vegan in the past (currently veggie) and can attest this will work to kill the conversation stone dead.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    It doesn’t get mentioned often but when it does I’m not shy about saying how much I’ve lost. Usually something like “Yeah, I’ve lost 50 lbs!” I worked hard to lose so much weight and I’m proud of it. I’m not going to down play it when people mention it.

Only a few people have asked how I lost weight and I’m honest. I say I counted calories and took up running (which most people know anyway because my Instagram is pretty much all running selfies). I really don’t mind talking to people about my weight loss.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    Having lost 65 lbs., it's difficult to pass it off as a slight change. But when asked "what did you do?", I OVER simplify it and say "I moved more and ate less", rather than go into great detail about accurate logging and measuring of food, daily weigh-ins and tracking activities. Most are looking for a magic pill, or some "Apple Cider Vinegar" type miracle. 🤣

thats how i do it.

people want a miracle weight loss cure and there isnt one
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!