How do you keep yourself accountable?

I track everything M-F and stay within my caloric and macro ranges. On weekends, I loose my brain, I stop tracking and eat way more than I should. I wipe out the good work I did M-F.

I know what my problem is. I just can't seem to break the weekend cycle. What works for you?

Replies

• kerstenk141
    kerstenk141 Posts: 83 Member
    When I was actively losing I would "save" some calories for the weekend. Instead of eating my full allowance each day, I'd bank some - about 100 each day, so on the weekend, I would have around 500 additional calories to play with.

If I knew in advance I was attending a bbq, picnic, etc I made a point to not eat back calories that I burned through exercise so I had a bit more calorie cushion as well.

Ultimately though I started to focus on how I was viewing food and how what I was eating contributed to my goal - or not. It was the social aspect of weekends that I truly enjoyed - not the food. Once I started to change my outlook on what was important to me on a weekend (friends and family vs food) that's when I felt more in control.
  • imgritz
    imgritz Posts: 47 Member
    My issues are
    Ultimately though I started to focus on how I was viewing food and how what I was eating contributed to my goal - or not.
    I see your point. I need to get to where you are now.

Thanks for the advice.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Maybe try pre-logging on weekends. You could even estimate maintenance calories and give yourself those on weekends. Think of the things you REALLY want to have and then work around them.

My husband and I have started a tradition of ice cream with walnuts sprinkled on top on Saturday nights. Saturday mornings I log that first then decide what else to eat.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    When I was losing weight and now during maintenance I usually eat a little less during the week and more over the weekend when I have my treats. I plan for it and I don't overdo it. I'm still aware of my calorie intake so I didn't gain weight and the calories all balanced out at the end of the week.

So planning and spreading out my calories during the week helps me stay in control and fit in things I want to eat.