* 3 mile run
    * 5 one-minute forearm planks
    * 10 minute toned arms workout video
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    30 mile bike ride.
  • Vladaar
    Vladaar Posts: 147 Member
    Anyone else doing gymnastic bodies.com? I really enjoy the work out progressions so far. Working out where you have fun is the way to go.

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    * 10k steps
    * 15-min stair climb
    * 20-min bike ride (interuppted by rain. Bah humbug)
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    PHUL Upper hypertrophy day
    Couple of walks ....16K steps
    Quick 10 min upper body body weight workout on Adaptiv.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,974 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    * 3 mile run

Somehow, I read that on first glance as "five minute one-arm planks" and was kinda intimidated. ;)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited July 2020
    I{ missed my early morning yoga, as I ended working until 2 a.m. and was still asleep at 7 a.m.

I hangboarded yesterday. The full session was:
    • Warm up 4 mile walk
    • Hang board warm up Scapular activations, pull ups, easy hangs on jugs (10 seconds on 10 seconds off), 5 seconds on 20 seconds off on 20mm ledge
    • Main session 10 seconds on, 10 seconds off for 3 sets of 5 reps, 20mm ledge. 3 hand open crimp, 10 seconds single, 3 sets, 20mm ledge. 15 seconds max duration hand on 15mm ledge, which I'm pretty sure is a World Record. :) An attempt at 5 seconds repeaters on the 15mm - after 2 reps, my form suffered, so I called it.
    • Bent over rows 3 sets of 5, 60kgs
    • Overhead press 3 sets of 5, 30 kgs
    • Bench 3 sets of 5, 55 kgs
    • Core 3 sets of 8 hanging leg raises, 3 rounds of baby shark ab workout.

The session was around 2 to 2.5 hours if one excludes the initial walk.
  • drmwc
    I have load of low quality golf balls. One of the quarries I use to practice my scuba skills is next to a course. Getting golf balls is nowhere near as fun or as tasty as getting scallops, but I didn't like leaving them at the bottom of the lake.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2020
    JimDew wrote: »
    Headed out to golf this morning with my sons. I haven’t been on a course in LITERALLY 27 years.

Today’s workout will be cussing, swearing, and searching for golf balls in the rough. Or other people’s fairways. Or parking lots,,,,,

I have started hitting balls again (no actual golf just yet). Aside from one scramble with some buddies at my 35th year High School reunion, I haven't played in decades. I was a bogey golfer in college but as the driving range is showing me, it's a lot more about consistency. The course from the movie Tin Cup is around 40 minutes from my house. They used like 3 courses for that movie, but the most famous scene, where he's trying to go over that water hole -- that one is just South of Tucson. They built the water hazard just for that movie. It actually has free roaming Longhorn Steer on the course as you play! Talk about a hazard! But it is also one of the most beautiful courses I've ever seen.

Did another "power" rowing workout today -- 18 X 20 seconds/1 minute rest. Was supposed to be 20 reps but HR wasn't coming down the way I like to see it after the 18th rep. My rule of thumb is if it hasn't dropped into the 140s by the time I'm supposed to start the next rep, don't do it. Don't need to cause a heart attack doing this hard of work. No sense in pushing it stupidly hard. My pace went down nearly a full second from last time, but with two less reps. Did a 1000m rowing warmup and a 15 minute C/D on the Air Bike. 368 was my average Watts on the rowing intervals.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    * 3 mile run

Somehow, I read that on first glance as "five minute one-arm planks" and was kinda intimidated. ;)

Haha, I would love to be that fit! One minute is a stretch for me and I definitely need both arms! I don't know if I grammatically/punctuality with the hyphen write it out right. I need to look it up, get a grammatical/punctuality lesson today.
  • LoveyChar
    JimDew wrote: »
    Headed out to golf this morning with my sons. I haven’t been on a course in LITERALLY 27 years.

Today’s workout will be cussing, swearing, and searching for golf balls in the rough. Or other people’s fairways. Or parking lots,,,,,

In addition to cussing, swearing, and searching you might want to add being patient because in my opinion it's about the most boring sport ever and I cannot believe people actually enjoy it. Maybe it's for the socialization aspect of it that people do if more than once. Nonetheless have fun with your sons, cherish the seconds, make beautiful memories and cuss under your breath if you can, hahaha.
  • LoveyChar
    Running Texas Trail Running Festival Marathon on 9/26 so I have less than 3 months left at this point for training. Really need to get it together, but no run today. Will amp up efforts today (maybe, hopefully). Workout today was five 1-minute forearm planks.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Little too much legs, probs did not need to add a hamstring exercise. But rallied and biked and walked a little today.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    * 5km walk
    * Lower body workout with my aqua bag

Kept it light today since tomorrow starts with a super early, hilly bike ride.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    2km inclined treadmill run. Weights. Row machine. Took the dogs for a run. Mowing. Weeding the gardens and house cleaning. I’ll just go and die now 😂
  • drmwc
    I have wanted to climb, but it was raining. That makes my holds greasy, so I skipped it and played with kettlebells instead.

I did 3 sets of 5 goblet squats, 32 kgs bell. Then I did 100 swings with a 28kgs bell. I finished with a weighted core workout.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Lately been mostly doing jump rope and yoga. Recovering from golfer’s elbow has put pull-ups and handstand push-ups on hold. To bridge the gap I have been doing dead hangs and static handstand wall holds instead.
  • LoveyChar
    3 mile walk in 103 miserable, hellacious degrees + 3 one-minute forearm planks
  • drmwc
    edited July 2020
    Yesterday, I climbed. The full session was;

Non climbing warm ups Dynamic stretches, skipping, band stuff

Hangboard warm up Scapular activations, pull ups on jugs, 10 second repeaters on jugs, 5 second repeaters on 18mm.

Climbing warm up 4 easy routes

Climbing 2 boulders with 6 hard moves each. 2 boulders which were back-to-back dynos. 4 sets of limit moves, trying to stay on the wall as long as possible.

Forearm prehab/rehab Light dumbbell stuff to try to stave off tendonitis.

Core I did 2 sets of 12 hollow holds, which were brutal.

Today, I also climbed. I did an hour's yoga at 10 a.m., and climbed after lunch.

Warm ups Exactly the same as Saturday.

Climbing Dyno practice. Projecting - trying hard boulders. I actually got one of the two projects, I guess after around a month of falling off it. Drills, including pogo practice and moving like a robot (you can only move one thing - limb or body - at a time,).

Finger curls Worked up to 3 sets of 6, 60kgs.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2020
    Did 20 minutes on the rower this AM @ 5. It was 89F here in Tucson when I started. Been working on a more powerful stroke, so that's all I could do while still keeping the HR under 75% of max. Then did 40 minutes on the AD Pro (Assault Bike), mostly with just the legs @ 160 Watts -- again all under 75% and most of that under 70% Max HR. I'm gradually building back my leg strength. 750 or so calories for the hour.