WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - July 2020

Replies

• KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    @Mrsbell8well - your transformation is amazing! That’s my goal. Within the next maybe 6 months I want to have an after photo like yours.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I got in 80 oz of water today and drank more than 12 oz before my meals at home.

I also got in protein and managed to put my fork down between bites.

Today ended up being a rest day from exercise.

The gym is shut down again so I won't be able to work with my trainer but will do my best to exercise at home and work on the goals he's given me.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Hello team. Sorry I haven’t been very talkative here in our little group. I just wanted to say hi and see how everyone is doing. Oh and for those that know about my “nut” problem (can’t stop eating until they are all gone!) I was wondering if anyone else has seen the new commercials on tv for a company called “nuts.com”. Dangerous for me😀
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,647 Member
    @Cafelelia I mixed you up with Pam. When is your birthday?
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    @tryingagain5 Great day building on your water goals and the mindful eating. I'm sorry to hear about your gym and hope that seeing your trainer gave you a foundation to work out at home. I hope your gym opens again soon. Big hug.

@KUMEcyclingteam Great loss. My hands are clean. I sincerely hope not to get soap or Lysol poisoning.

@lennoncpa Hi! Sorry to hear about those commercials. Hopefully, it's just a 4th of July campaign and they stop soon. I think you can block them online. When you see one, you can click the X in the top right corner of the ad and choose not to see it again. At least that's what happens in Canada. Also, I've heard that thinking about something else whenever you think of nuts could work ~ like hummus. That and the four Ds: Delay, Drink water, breathe Deeply, and Do something like go for a walk. I saw this the other day and thought of you:
    g39cxin2mqdt.jpeg

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    08/02 steps 7688
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Ljdanny
    Week 1
    Thursday
    Pw 192.6
    Cw 193.2
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Hoping the slight gain is tom but doesn't surprise me, I always lose and gain. I just ordered 2 new workout videos because I liked the challenge I was doing on fb. I am going to try to get some exercise in later. I have to paint my sons old room which will be our new office. The pool is ready to go and everyone is coming tomorrow so i have to get the floats and food ready and house clean. Busy day. Hope everyone has a great holiday.
  • 1theresamcvean
    @nstephenson01 If you don't feel like the weight on the scale this week, and your clothes are fitting, then go with your assessment. Those are not your two pounds. You've got this!

@ljdanny You're right, that's such a small gain, it's a maintain. It's exciting to have two workout videos to look forward to. And painting and cleaning for the party tomorrow is a workout in itself. Enjoy your holiday tomorrow!
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited July 2020
    A quick update. I feel better today. I think my stomach may have been off because of the heat. Today it's going to be 32 degrees and feel like 40, which is 104 fahrenheit. This has led me to have sympathy for the workers putting in the new sidewalks and roads even though they relentlessly start drilling at 7:15 a.m.

This morning I had a pleasant surprise on the scale, 147.9 lbs. That's the lowest I've been since my high of 177.4 in January 2018. So, I'm taking that to mean that I've broken through the yo-yo-plateau.

iq3xalu96xi5.jpg

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited July 2020
    Cafelelia
    Friday
    PW - 153.1
    CW - 152.0
    LTD - 16.8 lbs
    Yesterday was a good day, and I did well with food, water & exercise. The Fitness Blender course is going well and I am enjoying how they mix it up, especially because I get bored easily with exercise that is not running. We received sad news this week that a cousin passed away. He was older and had cancer, and even though this was expected, it is still so sad. This is on my husband’s side of the family. They are a huge, Polish family with something like 40 cousins, then there are the children of the cousins (like my kids) and now there are even the children of the children of cousins. Because of COVID, the funeral is limited to immediate family and while that makes total sense, it just feels so strange not to be going.

@1theresamcvean - You are doing so well and just busted through that plateau! You are my role model right now and I am aiming to join you! Glad that you are feeling better. I feel bad as well for anybody who has to work outside in this heat wave. Love your daughter’s sense of humour!

@ljdanny - Hope that you get through your busy day ok and enjoy your pool time tomorrow! Do no worry, you can refocus and lose that gain.

@mrsbell8well - My birthday is on October 20th. Still a Libra with that date, and it is a sign that I love being. There were so many Libras in my law school class, we are the scales sign, just like the scales of justice and we are the sign of balance. Love your photos and you look great!

@lennoncpa - I have not seen that commercial for nuts.com, but I would totally think of you if I did! Hope that you are doing well.

@tryingagain5 - You are doing great with the water and food. I am so sorry that your gym shut down again and really good plan to keep going with the goals he gave you. Could you possibly set up a video call with him here and there to check in?

@KUMEcyclingteam - Great photo and serious bike! Looks like you lost your “water” weight.

@kristieJC - Taking a few rest days is a smart thing to do. So awesome that you are craving the exercise! Great that you have the Fourth of July sorted out & you are ready.

@nstephenson01 - That sounds like PMS weight to me. Sorry that you had a stressful week. I hope that next week is much better and the rains stops.

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    u7fythyu4mqd.jpeg
    A reminder that you can participate in an optional weekly step challenge for our team. We run the challenge Sunday to Saturday each week. You post your steps on this thread daily or in one post on the following Sunday. Please note that we need your daily steps and not just a total. We track all steps on our weigh in spreadsheet for the month.

If you want to participate for Week 1, please post all of your steps on Sunday, July 5th. You are posting your daily steps from Sunday, June 29th to Saturday, July 4th. We will announce the winners the next day on Monday.

Happy stepping!

• lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Lenka 1

Week1
    Pw: 163.6
    Cw: 162.2
    LTD: (since I rejoined group in May) -9.8lbs :))
  • tryingagain5
    @cafelelia

Sorry for your loss. It's sad that there has to be a limit on the people at the funeral but it makes sense.

Glad your exercise course is going well, even though you'd probably enjoy running more. It's funny how we prefer one type of exercise over another. I would much rather do weight training over running.

Thank you, I'm going to keep up with the goals and continue with the goals.

Yes, I probably could do a video call with my trainer or even just a simple text to keep in touch with him. The owner of the gym had posted that there is a possibility of them being able to reopen by July 13th but since that's only 10 days away I don't know how realistic that is.
  • tryingagain5
    @1theresamcvean
    Thanks, I know that now that I've started again I have to keep going.

Everyone was really sad about the gym closing again. I hope they can open soon. The owner posted something about the possibility of reopening July 13th but I guess it's more of a wait and see kind of thing.
  • tryingagain5
    @1theresamcvean
    Glad you're feeling better. It is possible to feel off from the heat. I've had that before.

That's hot. It's already 89F here. It's supposed to be in the low to mid 90's into next week. Not sure what the feel like temperature will be but it's been so hot and humid everyone is holed up inside with the air conditioning going.

Try to stay cool
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @1theresamcvean i love your 4 D’s. That’s too cool!!
This discussion has been closed.