Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. AM run 3 miles.
    3. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Check green room for paintbrushes and donations. Park 10-6.
    4. Lunch: leftovers. Write a blog post - album? Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort
    5. Write a letter. Dinner: soup? 1 hr writing: letter to B.
    6. Color! 1 hr reading. HAMILTON!!
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Writing: Album post. Message Z.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Check on free NAIE membership? Wed book group. Thu play practice. R off 6, F 10-6 3, S 10-6 bike/walk, N 3-8 3, M off 10, T off 3. Check with PCP about SHBP screening. Thursday visit parents - take photos. Need to begin working on Google certification! Fri Jul 3 Hamilton. Blood work Monday AM.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    End of April: 192.6
    End of May: 191.8
    End of June: 192.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. PCP July 15 10:30. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots? left toe joints. Sleep center 778 3316.
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout. Dinners?
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. Okay so apparently Hamilton STARTS streaming tomorrow. Not sure how long it'll be available, though. My worry, given the limited view time of other theatrical productions I've seen posted (though not on a major streaming service), was that it would ONLY be available tomorrow and I'd wake up on like Sunday and realize I'd missed it.

Plan is still to watch it tomorrow evening!
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Daily habits: track, 😀exercise, 😀journal😀
    Thursday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0630, pill, timer, weigh😀
    2. Pets, pill😀
    3. Breakfast = yogurt + Kashi. 🧐—protein pancakes instead
    4. On camera 0755😆—8am meeting cancelled! Got emails done instead
    5. Weights at 11:30😀
    6. Lunch = salad + chicken😱—realized this morning that I was out of salad. Had cauliflower and chicken instead
    7. Call about notary paperwork😀
    8. Walk after work😀
    9. Dinner = left overs😀
    10. Plan exercise for Friday😀
    11. Journal😀
    12. Meditate🤞
    13. Lights out 10:45🤞

It’s Friday (equivalent)! No work tomorrow, 3 days off, so glad of the break. Today was fine, though I didn’t realize I was behind on my planning and didn’t have enough salad! Thank goodness I have all sorts of homemade “tv dinners” at different calorie counts to grab and reheat. Now to figure out what we’re doing this weekend!

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Friday Action Plan
    1. No alarm wake, pill, timer, weigh
    2. Pets, pill
    3. Breakfast = protein pancakes
    4. Weights
    5. Walk—and meal plan
    6. Call about notary
    7. ATM
    8. Grocery shop
    9. Prep salads (at least 3)
    10. Lunch = salad + chicken
    11. Snack = kale chips, Brussel sprout chips
    12. Dinner = ??
    13. Journal
    14. Meditate
    15. Lights out 10:45

July personal challenge
    Bicep emoji if I got in at least 1 push-up; Yoga figure if I set my intention before eating
    July 2: 💪 , 🧘

GRATITUDE: I am grateful for the strength I feel building in my body which makes me feel more capable and safe.

WOTY: Habits
  • fairy_daisy
    fairy_daisy Posts: 247 Member
    I managed to log everything and was (just) within my calories yesterday, but didn’t manage to get to bed on time and couldn’t sleep for ages. I’m on holiday (at home!) for a week after today so sleep will be my priority!

JFT (Friday): log everything, stay in the green, bed by 10.15.
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    I've loaded up the start of my day as I need the energy this morning, so today's commitment is to remember that, and not to overload the rest of the day.

Some of you have so many daily commitments - I'm in awe, I can only really focus on one thing!
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    edited July 2020
    @Snowflake1968 - That’ll be great motivation to have you doing the same challenge. Good luck! I know it’s going to be really hard for me. 🤐

JFT THURSDAY:
    - Log it all / stay green🟢
    - Exercise🟢
    - Start sorting paperwork🔴
    - Start planning girls bday party🔴

We finally had a sunny day, so I skipped the paperwork and mowed the lawn and worked outside most of the day.

JFT FRIDAY:
    - Fence project
    - Log everything / stay green
    - Housework
    - Food prep

JULY CHALLENGE:
    In an attempt to refocus this month, I’ve decided to try and give up chips. This will be extremely difficult. I eat them almost daily. They are my weakness. I’m using a bikini as my emoji, since that will be a goal for next summer!

*************NO CHIP CHALLENGE*************

July 1,2
    👙👙
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,304 Member
    JFT Thursday
    - up early and walk 😇
    - 10 push ups💪 1 real push up, 9 on my knees
    - Start fire 😁
    - Boil water for hot chocolate 😁
    - Eat breakfast, eggs & link sausage 😁
    - Get ready to go white water rafting.😁
    - Go rafting😁
    - Lunch 😁
    - Finish rafting😁
    - Dry off and hit the water for some relaxation. Waterfalls and all!😁
    - Back to campsite for burgers and hang time maybe some games😁
    - Evening hike/walk if it’s light.😁 easy mile or so.

Today we break camp and load up for the drive home. So no dedicated exercise today, but an active rest day.

JFT Friday

- Do camp dishes.
    - Break camp and load cars
    - Drive home
    - Love on my puppies
    - Unload and start mountain of laundry
    - Take youngest to a Hamilton Watch party/sleepover
    - Maybe, maybe walk
    - Maybe have a few beers, maybe not. I have to weigh tomorrow. Weighing after vacation is scary.
    - Turn in early
    -

Have a great day y’all!
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Thur 7/2
    1. Exercise ✅
    2. Log all foods ✅
    3. Make a pot of veggie soup (not sure yet which variety). ✅
    4. Be kind to my husband.✅

Fri 7/3 - For Today
    1. Exercise - cardio and stretching
    2. Log all foods. Stay in the green.
    3. Prepare foods for the family to snack on - cut pineapple, make a banana bread, chop veggies. (These aren’t things I can eat right now. ☹️)
    4. Write my thoughts in my journal and a gratitude list of at least 3-5 things.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    🌸🌸 You don’t have to go fast, you just have to go 🌸🌸

JULY GOALS ---
    (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [week 1 challenge = MEASURE IT!]
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Feed & Water animals done
    Vacuum and Mop kitchen floor
    Sweep and Mop bathroom floor
    Yardwork: water hanging plants ... weed whack north, south, east, west perimeter

Have a Blessed Day!! 🌞
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member

JFT, 7/2/20

- Clean off kitchen table :smiley:
    - Gather laundry :disappointed:
    - Perform ovu test :disappointed:Totally forgot. Which sucks because I need a consistent streak to be able to gage properly
    - Write another 1k words :disappointed:I got caught up listening to a book. I found this new author who writes completely irreverent but still feel good cozy mysteries. Plus they're completely hysterical. I can't get enough of her!
    - Clean off grill plate :smiley:
    - Actually cook dinner :smiley: More grilled chicken and veggies but it is really yummy and super simple to cook. If I use my meat mallet and pounded it out pretty thin it cooks in like 7 minutes. I've been cooking kind of bland recently because Matt's stomach has been acting up recently but he said it's doing better so I guess it worked. Lol

Matt left his inhaler at home by accident this morning so I dropped it off for him. Boy was his parking lot HORRENDOUS!!! There's a Costco and a Christmas Tree Shop in his plaza it was a nightmare even trying to pull into the parking lot. There were plenty of spaces in front of his store though so that at least was nice. I finally saw the amount of work he has ahead of him. It's crazy. He has to build probably 25 bikes for customers who already bought them online and then he has probably 40 bikes that needed to be repaired. I feel so bad for him. He needs to be able to go in really early one day to JUST build. When he's not disturbed he can build like 25 bikes in an 8 hour shift. It's crazy. It's no wonder he's asleep by like 8:30 most nights. Lol

As for me, I need to focus on some writing today. I want to get at least one scene written out and see how that goes. Yesterday it was like pulling teeth and part of what I wrote I didn't even actually write. Lol. The story I'm working on now is a rewrite of the one I started a few months ago but never finished. So I just copy and paste a few paragraphs into the new word doc. Of the 1500 words I added to the doc yesterday I probably only wrote about 1000 of them then. I plan to actually write a decent amount today. Even if I am pulling my teeth out. Lol.

Okay, enough of my novel!

JFT, 7/3/20

- ovulation test
    - write AT LEAST 1800 words

That should be it I think.
  • HEGoddard0928
    edited July 2020
    @Bex953172 *hugs* you are so right! We found out that Matt's mystery illness is actually 3 very large ulcers in his stomach lining. He's on medication and is doing much better, except for when he eats things he knows he shouldn't(like horseradish which is what got him sick the last few days) But the doctor thinks it might be another year before he's completely back to normal. Also, I had surgery to remove my left ovary which had a cyst the size of a baby's head wrapped around it as well as that fallopian tube. That was in February and by the time I was allowed to go back to work, schools were closed because of Covid so I didn't really have a job to go back to. They aren't supposed to be open again until September and that's not even set in stone yet. If they do, I will have been out of work for 7 months. It's just crazy to think about. Lol. Also, I demand a picture of Casey!

@PackerFanInGB It's so good to see you! I'm sorry you lost your job! I knew you were worried about that. I'm praying that you find health care you can afford because I can just bet you would love to retire early. Lol. I know that you've been loving the time off you've had because of Covid. Good luck my friend!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT - Thursday July 2
    1 Litre of Water - >:)
    Log all Food - >:)
    No chips - >:)
    Gratitude Journal - >:)

JFT - Friday July 3
    1 Litre of Water
    Log all Food
    No chips
    Gratitude Journal

Well yesterday was just a flop all over the place! I'll try harder today. It's also "supposed" to be sunny so I may get a walk in tonight.

@SERmom3 - It is very hard saying no the chips. I can do it at home if I just refuse to buy them which is easy enough. Here at work we have them all over the place.

@clicketykeys - My daughter is excited to watch Hamilton tonight as well. Her friend is having an outdoor screening of it. They are practising social distancing and watching it in her backyard. My daughter has been looking forward to this for a few weeks now.

@fairy_daisy - I hope you have a great vacation.

@teigansdad - Sorry your vacation isn't what you planned. One thing I do when I'm on vacation is be mindful, but not as strict. You just have to get back into it when you return home.

@Bex953172 - I have had a few bouts of depression throughout my adult life. I was coming out the other side of it when I realized what it was the first time it was after I had my youngest. She was 4 when I realized what had happened, I still don't remember a lot about her first few years. I just couldn't get happy and nothing I did was satisfying. The second time was after my Dad passed away, I recognized the symptoms and saw my doctor and got treated. Then a couple of years later, I realized I was in it again, it was the year that our financial security hit rock bottom.

@HEGoddard0928 - Your 2017 was my 2018. I did well up until after Kaitlyn's wedding last summer. I had injured myself and the weather was crap. We had so much rain last year I couldn't get out. I still had only regained about 10 pounds from July 2019 to March 2020 Covid has really messed with me and I'm not 100% sure why. I am trying to get back into it, I've bought new shoes I just need to have nice evenings to get out and go for walks and I need to control my food intake!
  • merope2
    merope2 Posts: 60 Member
    Thursday: all food added to journal
    Friday: add all food to journal
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member

@Bex953172 *hugs* you are so right! We found out that Matt's mystery illness is actually 3 very large ulcers in his stomach lining. He's on medication and is doing much better, except for when he eats things he knows he shouldn't(like horseradish which is what got him sick the last few days) But the doctor thinks it might be another year before he's completely back to normal. Also, I had surgery to remove my left ovary which had a cyst the size of a baby's head wrapped around it as well as that fallopian tube. That was in February and by the time I was allowed to go back to work, schools were closed because of Covid so I didn't really have a job to go back to. They aren't supposed to be open again until September and that's not even set in stone yet. If they do, I will have been out of work for 7 months. It's just crazy to think about. Lol. Also, I demand a picture of Casey!

@PackerFanInGB It's so good to see you! I'm sorry you lost your job! I knew you were worried about that. I'm praying that you find health care you can afford because I can just bet you would love to retire early. Lol. I know that you've been loving the time off you've had because of Covid. Good luck my friend!

Omg they took an ovary?! Is this why you have to do ovu tests because you're still trying for a baby right?
    And as for Matt that sounds very painful ! Lol I did laugh a bit at the horseradish thing though, not that itnmade him sick again but that it's just such a MAN thing to do hahah throwing caution to the wind lol!

And I just tried uploading and I do t think it worked, either that or when I post this I will have uploaded the same pic 10 times hahah
  • HEGoddard0928
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Omg they took an ovary?! Is this why you have to do ovu tests because you're still trying for a baby right?
    And as for Matt that sounds very painful ! Lol I did laugh a bit at the horseradish thing though, not that itnmade him sick again but that it's just such a MAN thing to do hahah throwing caution to the wind lol!

And I just tried uploading and I do t think it worked, either that or when I post this I will have uploaded the same pic 10 times hahah

Yup. I'm down to one ovary. And yeah I'm doing ovulation tests every day to try and find my peak fertility window. If I don't get pregnant in the next 2-3 months we're going to see a fertility specialist. This is the first time I'm actually doing daily tests and things. Before we were just doing it by the date method which is probably one of the factors why it didn't work. As well as the fact that Matt has been so sick for so long. And yes the horseradish things is definitely a man thing. Lol. Usually, he's pretty good but highly spicy/acidic things and dairy are no good for him. He was just being a dummy.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Wednesday:
    1. Take at least one outdoor walk :)
    2. Track liquids and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate--drink at least 10C water :)
    3. Try to get one last batch of fresh strawberries for freezing :)

Thursday was hectic, let's try Friday! Have the day off, slept in until noon!
    1. clean/organize kitchen
    2. clean/organize chest freezer to make room for more berries and cherries
    3. still feeling dehydrated--at least 10C liquids
    4. one outdoor walk--if I get really motivated, maybe I will go up to my favorite vineyard/olive mill and do their walking loop

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    1. Eat when hungry/stop when full ✔
    2. Log all food 👎
    3. Waters when at the sink 👎
    4. Pick up groceries ✔
    5. Start packing for tomorrow at the lake ✔
    6. Wash face/brush teeth am 👎
    7. Write chore goals on fridge 👎
    8. QT with DH ✔
    9. Wash face/brush teeth on ✔
    10. Bed by 1030 ✔

DH has a few days off, the yard needed attention desperately. We jumped right in early morning to beat the heat, anf a few hours later i realizrd the morning was long gone! The yard looks great and were ready for visitors so thats exciting! My cousin is coming over night, friends tomorrow, and my meme and mom on Monday. I am SO excited for some socially distanced visiting. Today we went to my MIL for her birthday for a socially distanced outside visit. I dont know when we all will be comfortable easing into non socially distanced visits...i work with the public on the weekends so i dont want to expose her, and my BIL lives at home and doesnt practice social distancing much. And then my mom is working in a nursing home and despite no positive covid cases i worry. But one day at a time. Today were taking the rest of the afternoon easy...traveling with a baby and not being able to hand him off to grandma for help when were there is a lot of work mentally and physically.

JFT
    1. Log food!!!!!!!
    2. Drink water for the rest of the day, hourly
    3. Wash face/brush teeth pm
    4. Bed by 1030

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Yup. I'm down to one ovary. And yeah I'm doing ovulation tests every day to try and find my peak fertility window. If I don't get pregnant in the next 2-3 months we're going to see a fertility specialist. This is the first time I'm actually doing daily tests and things. Before we were just doing it by the date method which is probably one of the factors why it didn't work. As well as the fact that Matt has been so sick for so long. And yes the horseradish things is definitely a man thing. Lol. Usually, he's pretty good but highly spicy/acidic things and dairy are no good for him. He was just being a dummy.

Ah no way!
    Have you tried the other way? :P
    I think it was 2-3 times daily for like a month or two lmao!!!
    And pretty sure Matt wouldn't say no... ANOTHER man thing hahaha

Jokes aside though, I think fertility specialist is a good idea! My brother and sister in law had to do that too, different reasons of course, I think she had polycystic ovaries and endometriosis :/ I think she started tablets to make her more fertile, I'm not sure, either she did or she luckily got pregnant before she actually started taking them! With twins nonetheless haha

Let us know how you get on!
  • Bex953172
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    1. Eat when hungry/stop when full ✔
    2. Log all food 👎
    3. Waters when at the sink 👎
    4. Pick up groceries ✔
    5. Start packing for tomorrow at the lake ✔
    6. Wash face/brush teeth am 👎
    7. Write chore goals on fridge 👎
    8. QT with DH ✔
    9. Wash face/brush teeth on ✔
    10. Bed by 1030 ✔

DH has a few days off, the yard needed attention desperately. We jumped right in early morning to beat the heat, anf a few hours later i realizrd the morning was long gone! The yard looks great and were ready for visitors so thats exciting! My cousin is coming over night, friends tomorrow, and my meme and mom on Monday. I am SO excited for some socially distanced visiting. Today we went to my MIL for her birthday for a socially distanced outside visit. I dont know when we all will be comfortable easing into non socially distanced visits...i work with the public on the weekends so i dont want to expose her, and my BIL lives at home and doesnt practice social distancing much. And then my mom is working in a nursing home and despite no positive covid cases i worry. But one day at a time. Today were taking the rest of the afternoon easy...traveling with a baby and not being able to hand him off to grandma for help when were there is a lot of work mentally and physically.

JFT
    1. Log food!!!!!!!
    2. Drink water for the rest of the day, hourly
    3. Wash face/brush teeth pm
    4. Bed by 1030

You got this! When you feel the tension building, deep breaths! Keep your mind focused on whatever the task at hand is lol

*Hugs*