General Discussion

Replies

• jodibeth5744
    jodibeth5744 Posts: 65 Member
    Your body shape changes as you age as well...at the weight I am now, in my 20s, I wore a size 28. Now, over a decade later I wear a 24 at that weight.
  • jodibeth5744
    jodibeth5744 Posts: 65 Member
    Also @Ccricfo, the only measurements I would worry about are your ones going forward. You have your own base measurements now-so as long as they go in the direction you’d like from here out, you really can’t compare to a “standard”. Everyone is unique, with their own genetic makeup and shape.
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    Thank you, that makes a lot of sense. I'm not going measure more often than every other week....what do you think?
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Ccricfo wrote: »
    Thank you, that makes a lot of sense. I'm not going measure more often than every other week....what do you think?

I haven’t measured anything on my body...I know I am smaller...I guess I should have at the beginning!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    @Ccricfo: Every other week is good, though don't be surprised if sometimes it doesn't move at all, or it doesn't move in conjunction with the scale. Bodies are weird like that.
  • margaretlunan2
    margaretlunan2 Posts: 864 Member
    just getting the feel of how others in the group think of a daily exercise challenge. nothing to hard things like walking, dancing , step count,stair climb no hi impact to hard on joints.I am willing to post the activity the day before and all you need to do is say how much you did .
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    just getting the feel of how others in the group think of a daily exercise challenge. nothing to hard things like walking, dancing , step count,stair climb no hi impact to hard on joints.I am willing to post the activity the day before and all you need to do is say how much you did .

@margaretlunan2

You mean like a challenge to measure up to a personal daily goal instead of a competition? It might be a repeat of the daily goals thread but it is certainly worth a try.

• eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    I wasn't quite sure where to put this, but this seemed, well....general.

I need a new scale. I really want something precise, and reasonably accurate. I have an old EatSmart scale that I like okay....except that it eats through batteries monthly. It is getting too expensive lol. My other complaint is that it sometimes (but not always?) gives you an old reading if your weight hasn't changed by more than 0.5 lb. I get around this by weighing with something else first occasionally (like an unhappy cat), but would love if my new scale didn't have this particular "feature".

I want a simple, non-smart scale. I don't want bf% or bmi calculated. Just a precise, reasonably accurate scale. Do you have one that you like?
    I was looking at this one ...any thoughts or recommendations?
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    eliezalot wrote: »

I need a new scale. I really want something precise, and reasonably accurate. I have an old EatSmart scale that I like okay....except that it eats through batteries monthly. It is getting too expensive lol. My other complaint is that it sometimes (but not always?) gives you an old reading if your weight hasn't changed by more than 0.5 lb. I get around this by weighing with something else first occasionally (like an unhappy cat), but would love if my new scale didn't have this particular "feature".

I want a simple, non-smart scale. I don't want bf% or bmi calculated. Just a precise, reasonably accurate scale. Do you have one that you like?

I have this scale. I like it fine. It doesn't suck batteries bad at all. I have changed them maybe one time all year. It does my weight just fine with no problems. At least it changes every time I get on it for the most part lol.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    I've got a weight watchers from Walmart with a lithium battery that has worked good for me. it doesn't do that rounding thing either which I'm glad it doesn't!
  • just getting the feel of how others in the group think of a daily exercise challenge. nothing to hard things like walking, dancing , step count,stair climb no hi impact to hard on joints.I am willing to post the activity the day before and all you need to do is say how much you did .

Given that I have weight-bearing arthritis and exercise intolerance, it's not something I can commit to or really want to do. Some days I'm not up to climb the stairs any extra because I've had to walk more that day, and I'd like to be able to stand up and take a shower that night.

But it may work for other people.

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    eliezalot wrote: »

I have an eat smart scale but it may not be the same model. Mine recalibrates if it is on and you tilt it up slightly which I really like as a feature. The annoyance is that it beeps really loudly when it is ready to report your weight which makes it hard to use when people are still sleeping.

Don't forget that if you get a new scale it will likely give you a weight that will be different than your current one. You might get lucky and the variance will be less but it also might be more. I have seen this really bother people in the past but it is just part of switching scales.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »

I have an eat smart scale but it may not be the same model. Mine recalibrates if it is on and you tilt it up slightly which I really like as a feature. The annoyance is that it beeps really loudly when it is ready to report your weight which makes it hard to use when people are still sleeping.

Don't forget that if you get a new scale it will likely give you a weight that will be different than your current one. You might get lucky and the variance will be less but it also might be more. I have seen this really bother people in the past but it is just part of switching scales.

Hahaha, honestly part of my plan is to make sure I'm solidly into the 190's before I get a new one. I don't mind that it is a bit different, its all about the trend anyway. That being said I refuse to have to break 200 lbs again, so am going to give myself like a 5 lb buffer before I get the new one.
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    Hey guys, quick question about the whe Whoosh

I was just curious, do you generally pee a lot when going through a whoosh?

It was my TOM, I ended it on Sunday. And according to the scales, I had gained almost 5 pounds that week, which, nah, I know it had to do with my TOM and stuff, cuz I am still sticking to my diet and stuff :p

Then out of nowhere today, even though I haven't been drinking my water like I should, I have been peeing as if I drank my full 64 ounces within the first hour of being awake. And I briefly stepped on the scales.in the afternoon, and it said I've dropped 7 pounds (this was including the 5 I supposedly gained). I checked my glucose levels, just to rule that out, and they were normal (88), so, I know it's not that.

I'm gonna reweigh myself in the morning since that's when I officially weigh myself, before I've had anything to eat or drink. But, I think I'm hitting my whoosh, and I was just curious what your experiences with it was
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Yes, I honestly think that is why we call it the whoosh - from the whooshing sound that is made when you pee a lot!! When ever I have to pee a ton, I get excited cause that means I lost more fat!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I have been waiting on a whoosh for 17 months lol
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Yes, I can tell I'm whooshing when I have to get up twice overnight to pee, vs 0 times normally.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    amart4224 wrote: »
    Yes, I can tell I'm whooshing when I have to get up twice overnight to pee, vs 0 times normally.

@amart4224

*grumble* SOME people have all the luck.......lol

Enjoy the uninterrupted rest now, hon, cause I can pretty much guarantee that eventually, you'll reach the age where that experience will go the way of the dodo *laughs*

And the sad part is, I can't even blame having babies sitting on my bladder for 9 months, like my mother does!