We can surely hope that the second half will be better than the first🙏
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    trekkie123 wrote: »
    We can surely hope that the second half will be better than the first🙏

Amen, sister! 🤞
  • lindagalbreath577
    lindagalbreath577 Posts: 75 Member
    Good morning all! I can’t believe it’s July already! What are ya all up to today? I plan on going outside and try to catch up on the weeds! It’s been cloudy here and haven’t been wanting to go outside. It is another cloudy day again but I must get out there and clean things up! Everyone have a great day! 🌷🦋🤓💖🌹
  • ElioraFR
    ElioraFR Posts: 91 Member
    edited July 2020
    Well, I lost a kilo, roughly two pounds, and gained it back, over the last two weeks. 😕

I'll put it up to variations in salt intake and moving from a lot of sitting in chairs transitioning up to walking 8,000 steps during the days. I'm only booked to lose .5 a week, so we'll see how it goes and maybe I'll need to stop eating back the calories earned from walking 💛❤️💛 🌼🌻🌼
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited July 2020
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) One thing that has helped me stay active is listening to music, audio books, and podcasts while I walk. My cell phone allows me to do all that so I have entertainment while I move. Walking is good exercise.

I walk to the Amazon Music "Oldies Station." Most songs I can walk right to the beat but occasional ones I just do a comfy pace for me and enjoy the music. I like that a change in tune is an opportunity to change my pace. There are, indeed, some songs that you had happily forgotten that are still okay to walk to. I've heard "Puff the Magic Dragon" a couple times recently. Good to walk to but no, I didn't ever need to hear it again. ;-)

Pushing 70 here -- just 6 months left to my sixties. Hoping to reach ONEderland for my birthday!

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Hello everyone, I haven't posted in a while. The main thing going on is my Eleanor dog still not very well from pneumonia she got for the 2nd time. She has an enlarged heart so the vet said she thinks it's dialated cardiomyopathy but she needs an echocardiogram to confirm so I took her yesterday to a vet that does that. What a great vet he is, so caring & takes time to talk to me. So I left her there after intial exam & they called to ask if she could stay over night since they sent out some labs. they took another echo today & an abdominal ultrasound (she's gained weight for no apparent reason) I'm picking her up at 4:30 today & really hope they found out what's wrong with her... stay tuned
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,243 Member
    Evamutt wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I haven't posted in a while. The main thing going on is my Eleanor dog still not very well from pneumonia she got for the 2nd time. She has an enlarged heart so the vet said she thinks it's dialated cardiomyopathy but she needs an echocardiogram to confirm so I took her yesterday to a vet that does that. What a great vet he is, so caring & takes time to talk to me. So I left her there after intial exam & they called to ask if she could stay over night since they sent out some labs. they took another echo today & an abdominal ultrasound (she's gained weight for no apparent reason) I'm picking her up at 4:30 today & really hope they found out what's wrong with her... stay tuned

Hope she is ok
  • folyet5521
    folyet5521 Posts: 3 Member
    I would like to be added to this group
    I am new and just turned 60
    Looking to lose 40 pounds or so
    Have lost 9 so far in 3 weeks but I know it will take time
    Still learning the site so excuse me if this is the wrong place to post
  • alteredsteve175
    Happy Independence Day! Last night, my son and granddaughter and I went to an early fireworks display on the Snake River at Marsing. It was great to get out and see some people. Attendance was much lower than usual.

I recently heard someone discussing how the forced isolation is causing some mental health concerns for lots of people. People are more prone to depression and loneliness. On reflection, I realized that it was true for me as well. And I have continued to work and have contact with people there. But the lack of social interaction is starting to wear on me. Have you noticed this effect in your life?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    folyet5521 wrote: »

:D welcome. I like connecting with others on this journey to health and fitness. I log food and exercise every day and seek every opportunity to be active. I walk my dogs every morning no matter what.

<3 Barbie from NW WA
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    folyet5521 wrote: »

Welcome to the group! Good luck on your weight loss journey. Looks like you are on your way! Journaling my food has been the key for me. Since the quarantine have been doing yoga and exercising via zoom 5 days a week with my daughter.
    Happy Independence Day! Last night, my son and granddaughter and I went to an early fireworks display on the Snake River at Marsing. It was great to get out and see some people. Attendance was much lower than usual.

I recently heard someone discussing how the forced isolation is causing some mental health concerns for lots of people. People are more prone to depression and loneliness. On reflection, I realized that it was true for me as well. And I have continued to work and have contact with people there. But the lack of social interaction is starting to wear on me. Have you noticed this effect in your life?

Quarantine has taken a toll on the entire world population. We have all suffered some degree of trauma as a result. I hang on to the fact that we are all in this together and together somehow we will come through and be better because of this experience. Hang in there!!!
  • richarddavis1960
    richarddavis1960 Posts: 2 Member
    Not really new, but new again. Been off about a year due to..... With the pandemic, put on enough lbs to mentally say, HEY and get started again. Currently 260 and want to get back to 210, RNY back in 2011 and am 60 yrs old.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,243 Member
    BobWillers wrote: »
    I've identified two of the causes of my weight gain.... it's down to these two. Every night at 9pm they gang up on me for toast. How can I refuse? Trouble is the smell is so tempting I have to join in.

2j5fgps81lth.jpg

Georgous dogs
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Welcome back Richard.
    Good luck!
  • alteredsteve175
    trekkie123 wrote: »
    Quarantine has taken a toll on the entire world population. We have all suffered some degree of trauma as a result. I hang on to the fact that we are all in this together and together somehow we will come through and be better because of this experience. Hang in there!!!

Love your attitude, Mindi. I agree that we will get through this, but I hope I can gain something positive from it. It seems unlikely some days right now. Thanks for the encouraging words.

• 2020shih
    2020shih Posts: 20 Member
    BobWillers wrote: »
    I've identified two of the causes of my weight gain.... it's down to these two. Every night at 9pm they gang up on me for toast. How can I refuse? Trouble is the smell is so tempting I have to join in.

2j5fgps81lth.jpg

so cute I have 2 shihtzues
  • 2020shih
    2020shih Posts: 20 Member
    Not really new, but new again. Been off about a year due to..... With the pandemic, put on enough lbs to mentally say, HEY and get started again. Currently 260 and want to get back to 210, RNY back in 2011 and am 60 yrs old.

Good luck .
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    Today's the last day of my 12 day vacation and I thoroughly enjoyed the time off in spite of our current state of affairs. We did go to Myrtle Beach and had a great time, the weather was perfect. Saw dolphins and my grandson saw a jellyfish. Spent hours on the beach looking for shark teeth, my grandson found quite a few, but I found better luck finding mine in the gift shops. I discovered new taste treats; Nashville White BBQ sauce, Blueberry Mayo, and Boiled Peanuts. The peanuts are a nice extra to salads. I came back weighing the same amount as I did the day we left, but guess the calories caught up with me, went up +2 yesterday, but I had prepared for more, so not too disappointed. I plan on getting back to my evening workout routine this evening.
    I scheduled all my DR appts today; oncologist-she released me today! Mamo/Bone density later, and then cap it off with Dentist appt. Nice way to finish vacation, right?
    I hope everyone enjoyed their Holiday 4th activities!