Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,505 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was pretty nice and quiet. Workouts this weekend: Tae Bo, Restorative Healing yoga Sculpted-Movement Fusion. Today I did LIS Athletic Training.

I spent some time learning about how to take care of this curly hair of mine that has gone crazy since I stopped coloring. A life coach from one of my curly/growing gray groups volunteered to share her curly routine. She was great and shared lots of great tips.
    Today I tried my new "Curly Girl Method" approved hair products. All of a sudden this hair is seriously high maintenance. I am happy with my new products. They left my hair feeling clean, hydrated, shiny, and soft! Everything I needed! My hair had been feeling dry and wiry. I was waking up looking like a lion! LOL. Now I'm wishing I had some of that wild curl to give me some lift. I'm happy with these products though. Now I have to add diffusing to my routine!

A quick update on my aunt. She seems to be calmer as in crying a lot less when we talk on the phone. She still goes to the cemetery at least once a day. She is going to quit her job at the end of July. She is tired she says. She had the COVID antibody test and she already had the virus! Good news but now she thinks she killed my uncle! I told her that it is not possible that she gave him the virus because he got sick first. So chronologically, it doesn't make sense! His incubation period started way before hers did. I don't think she bought my theory though.

We had the most amazing Sahara desert tonight. I had lost all hope because I thought it was going to be Saturday. On Saturday the mountains were covered in the haze. It was eerie. The sun looked just like a full moon but there were no colors.
    Tonight I didn't think it was going to happen because when the sun finally started to make a guest appearance at about 8 PM, it got dark and cloudy. At about 8:40'ish I looked out the window and the sun was already setting behind the mountains, and that's when the colors started to happen. The sky was red. It was so amazing!

8ynm8dajdrn1.jpg
    azjj8z6ducr4.jpg
    6hrkr4h4iqla.jpg

Laurie, great job with Jillian's workout! I hope the roofers were able to finish your roof. Did Rocket go crazy on Saturday with the roofers there?

I am going to continue doing Tae Bo in the mornings. I am really loving it. The workout I did on Friday was kind of blah. He did a section on a chair but I did it while standing up. I thought the chair part was too slow. You are so right about not feeling that you're working your abs while doing the workout! I think Billy has gained a little weight but he is not fat. He shouldn't wear such huge tops. I hope you had fun at the fabric store!

Erika, bummer about the cabin but I'm so glad you found out the lake wasn't fishable or swimmable! Didn't your realtor know that? We love BBQ. We made pulled chicken today. So good!

I hope you get that memory foam at your next mammogram. I wonder why my clinic in MA didn't have such a thing when they are so advanced. This mammo was the least uncomfortable which makes me wonder if she squashed me enough. I've been well endowed since I was a teenager so I can totally understand you.

Laurel, great job doing all that yard work and for working out after all that yard work! You're amazing!
    It's about time these people came out with something to make mammograms somewhat tolerable!
    I am so happy you're thinking about extending this rotation. I think this is the format our 'seasoned' bodies need. I totally agree with your idea of inserting less intense workouts in between those heavy lifting weeks. How exciting that you're already coming up with ideas for 'what's next'!

Tami, great job getting workouts in even when you're so tired from working so hard. Sounds like everyone at work may be feeling burned out. I hope you were able to get some rest this weekend.
    I hope my test results are all about good news! The foam was pretty flat, maybe about an inch or less in thickness. It covered the entire platform where the breast rests before getting squashed! We may have to form the 'well-endowed boob club' now! LOL

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,770 Member
    Hi Ladies! Hope you had a good weekend. Mine was very quiet. We had rain both days so I didn’t even get any good walks in. But I took care of grocery shopping and my usual outdoor and indoor chores, as well as finished another puzzle and another book. :o But I am keeping myself occupied while DH is away, which is good. :)

For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith Interval Abs walk followed by 30 minutes of yoga with Peloton. Yesterday was Cathe Live Power Legs followed by a 45 minute HiiT and Hills spin with Peloton. And today was Ramped Up Upper Body Triple Triceps premix followed by a combo X10 Low Impact and Cathe Live Sweat, Jump and Pump. And, finally, I got in a nice hour long walk! B) Felt good to be back outside again.

Tami, I hope you enjoyed a relaxing weekend. I am sorry you were burnt out a bit at the end of the week, but I would imagine between the busy schedule and the re-closing/for appointments only situation, people were kind of on edge for sure. Hope you enjoyed a fun Peloton ride. I find that there are days those rides really can lift my spirits, that for sure.

Thelma, what beautiful photos! We had a beautiful sunset I think on Friday, but nothing quite like that. Stunning. I am glad you like your new hair products. My hair just ends up pulled up most days anymore, especially with DH gone. I rarely see anybody except to wave hello! :o I am glad your aunt is doing slightly better. I am glad she got the antibody test, but I am sorry her reaction was to feel guilt for having had the virus. But I suppose that is probably a pretty normal reaction, even though the timeline doesn’t support it. Thanks for keeping us updated. I actually think about your aunt quite often. Great job with the workouts!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies,

It was a nice weekend, albeit very hot/humid so we were inside most of the weekend. I got some chores around the house done, a couple KCM workouts and a lot of relaxing! I started up STS Meso 3 yesterday in an effort to finish before we have our first tournament in WI at the end of July for my oldest.

Thelma, those pictures are amazing!!! Wow, I can't get over the colors! Bummer on the cabin, but we'll see if something else comes our way. The problem with lake homes around here is that they are up to 3 hours away, so the realtor we use isn't experienced with that far out. We have used him for all of our homes in the city. He tried to get some info from the listing realtor, but we all know they aren't going to say the lake is crappy...they'll just want you to come see it for yourself. They did end up getting a couple offers and accepted one, so someone was looking for the house...not the lake. I'm glad to hear your aunt is doing a little better, and also giving herself some time before leaving her job. She must have been one of the asymptomatic COVID people then? I don't recall you saying she had any symptoms. Still thinking about the Tae Bo workouts...I was dreaming about them in my sleep last night!

Laurel, sounds like you had a productive weekend! Great job on the mowing and also getting in some book and puzzle time too! Sounds like a rainy weekend, but glad you were able to get out for a walk yesterday! That Live DB Cathe sounds really fun...what workout is that one most closely resembling?

Tami, I hear you on the burnout. I don't know why, but I'm really feeling it. It seems odd to feel it for me, as I work from home and continuing to do so isn't any change for me. But, I think my clients are all a bit more on edge because they aren't used to being at home, and all want to get back to the office. So, that naturally rubs off on everyone they talk to. Good job getting in the 21DF workout, just to get your body moving. That had to have helped!!

Hi Laurie!!

Have a great rest of the day!

Erika
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hi Ladies ~ Weekend was good! I do feel rested and ready for another busy week. Today and tomorrow are both slammed with recordings for me, which is good for the company and the day flies by. Always “end of the month” is a bit crazy. Saturday I did Legs & Glutes Extreme (Standing Only pre-mix) + Peloton Ride and yesterday was KCM Circuit Burn (both workouts combined pre-mix) + Peloton Ride. I am doing my Circuit workout tonight after work.

Thelma: Happy to hear you had a nice weekend. Great workouts! Thank you for the kudos on my workout. Despite pushing through when I sometimes don’t feel like it, I feel so much better by keeping moving and getting my workout in. Keeps me going through the long days forsure! So just to clarify, I would be in the opposite group of you and Erika it sounds like. I am not the well endowed group. LOL That’s why the foam padding would be bigger than me. Those photos are absolutely gorgeous. They look like a painting or postcard. WOW.

Laurel: Sounds like a quiet weekend at home for you. Great job with the workouts and staying busy plus finishing another puzzle and book. Sounds relaxing forsure. I think you’re exactly right on the “burnout” feeling. It is just everything going on and the energy of stressed people around me starts to wear on me a little bit. It was nice to have a couple days away forsure. Yes, Friday I got in a nice fun ride with Robin Arzon and it felt great.

Erika: Sounds like a very productive weekend along with some good workouts! Congrats on starting up STS Meso 3. Hopefully it goes well and you continue enjoying those. Definitely as I mentioned to Laurel, I think with people just dealing with all kinds of moods and frustrations it is rubbing off on the office a bit. I work in the Title Dept. which is a lot more quiet and less customer contact, but you are still dealing with our other staff members who are getting pounded with calls and questions. Today was our first day being closed again for “Appt Only” and people are frustrated.

Hi Laurie :)

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Tae Bo Cardio Fat Burn and ICE Metabolic Total Body with chest muscle meltdown. This metabolic workout was hard! My arms were fried by the time I got to the Chest muscle meltdown. Good stuff!

Laurel, I'm glad you had a good weekend and that you're keeping yourself busy while your DH is away. Does he have a return date yet? Great job with your workouts!

We had rain during the weekend too. I'm glad you liked the photos. I've been wearing headbands mostly to keep my hair under control. I felt like experimenting with my new products! LOL
    Thanks for keeping my aunt in your thoughts. I didn't expect her to blame herself for my uncle getting the virus though.

Erika, I'm glad you had a nice weekend and got to relax! Great workouts.
    So glad you liked the sunset pictures. I think that the lake house wasn't the one for you and your family. Now I understand why your realtor didn't know anything about the lake! It was definitely a great idea to go talk to the locals about the lake!
    I can't believe you were dreaming about the Tae Bo workouts! LOL

Tami, I am so glad you had a nice weekend and took some time to rest! Great workouts! I hope work isn't too crazy!

I think when we don't feel like working out and we push ourselves to do it, is when we need them the most! Sorry I misread the endowed comment! LOL. I do hope your medical facility has that foam pad for your next mammo. I'm glad you liked the pictures!

Laurie, I hope you're having a great vacation!

Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Ramped Up Upper Body Triple Triceps premix and S&S core followed by a 45 minute Peloton ride. I also got in a quick 40 minute walk, but was walking very quickly because the clouds were rumbling! :) No doubt we will get more rain today.

Erika, great workouts. I am glad you enjoyed the weekend despite having to stay inside. Honestly, one of the things I love about that Lower/Upper Dumbbell Challenge workout from Cathe Live is there isn’t really anything like it on her DVDs. But I suppose the closest may be LIS Trisets....but not really. For starters, the stability ball plays a big roll in the LIS workout, and the only equipment in the Live workout is weights and a mat. But she does lower body first, and there are two trisets, each repeated once. Then she does the upper body work, but she isolates each muscle group, and you do either a triset or a superset for each muscle group, each repeated once and then finish with core. It is 63 minutes long and moves very quickly. I just love it because it is in and out and no fuss with equipment.....and it is a good painful. :)

Thelma, great workout! That one definitely toasts the muscles. DH is due back on July 26, so we are near the half way point....all things continuing to going well, of course. But he feels comfortable with how the work is going, which is good. Just FYI, about your aunt, when my dad died, my sister—who had simply taken my two year old nephew to see him in the hospital a few days before he died—blamed herself. My dad had lymphoma, and he caught an infection, and my sister was convinced she had caused it by taking my nephew to see him. My sister now knows that isn’t the case. But it took her awhile. So I don’t think your aunt’s reaction is all that unusual. Hopefully, in time, she can see that that wasn’t the case.

Tami, so glad you had a relaxing weekend and felt recovered going into what sounds like a busy week. Great job with the workouts. I can’t help but smile with Robin Arzon! I did a post-ride stretch with her today and she had me smiling! So good. I definitely have instructors I reach for for the different moods I am in, and when I need to be amazed, I choose Robin. She is one tough woman!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Tae Bo, Yoga Basics, and S&S PHA Training. I really love the PHA workouts, this one left me tired but in a good way. It was another sweat fest!

My bone density test results weren't good so I'm upset about it. Yet another medicine to take. Osteoporosis runs on my mother's side of the family. It's a good thing I exercise!

Hi Laurel, great workouts! I'm glad you were able to go out for a walk! We also got rain this afternoon and I'm sure we'll get more tomorrow.

I'm so glad your DH is doing well and is happy with his project's progress! How exciting that he'll be back with you soon!
    I am sure it isn't unusual for relatives to blame themselves for the death of a loved one. My aunt had a bad day today. She doesn't think she's going to make it. She's losing her hair so I told her that was due to her bad nutrition. She really hasn't eaten much in the last 4 months. She stopped eating 2 weeks before my uncle was hospitalized on 3/19; which is when she had the virus too. She wants to quit her job because she doesn't know how much longer she has to live and wants to enjoy life. The problem with that is that she's not going to enjoy life. She'll be home crying all the time. Thanks so much, Laurel!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • fitzfour
    Hi Ladies,

I completed spaced coming on here yesterday! I spent the morning visiting with a good friend who is on round 2 of her cancer returning, so we changed our monthly lunch at a restaurant to coffee in the driveway. It was good to see her and just visit about other stuff instead of her health. I got in Meso 3, Plyo legs last night and HOLY COW! I forgot how fast those move and I was absolutely spent when it was over! I think this Meso is going to fly by!

Thelma, every time I read Tae Bo, I remind myself I need to try one. I'm hoping to get that in tonight, as I've got a cardio day and haven't really found anything I'm in the mood for DVD-wise, so I think I'll check out Billy's list. I do really enjoy the PHA and Metabolic workouts, but today I'm trying to stick to just cardio and no weights. I'm sorry about the bone density test results...I also have bone density issues on my mom's side (my mom has some issues starting to pop up) and was told by my doctor to keep up with the exercising, especially lifting as I guess that helps. The joys of getting older and genetics.

Tami, sounds like you will be very busy at work for a couple days, I'm sure month end is crazy! We (finally) are having a slow week due to the upcoming holiday, which I'm very grateful for! I've got a dog grooming appt, A/C tuneup, ortho, and other misc. "around the house" stuff that has been neglected for awhile. It will be nice to get that all caught up in between responding to emails. Great job on the workouts, that Legs and Glutes one is a goodie...isn't that the one with all the leg presses?!

Laurel, I'm glad you were able to get out for a walk before the storms rolled in! We are expected to be in the 90's and humid for at least the next 10 days or so. It's miserable outside so we've been stuck inside. Even after dark the air is just thick. Along with that, of course, comes chances for pop up storms. We are sticking around home for the holiday weekend as the weather is kind of unpredictable right now. I absolutely love the sound of that Cathe workout...something new/different is really enticing. I almost re-started up my Cathe Live subscription yesterday, but I think I need to wait until I'm done with STS first so I actually get good use out of the workouts. Otherwise, it would be cardio only until STS is done.

Hi Laurie!!

Have a great day!!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Ramped Up Upper Body Triple Shoulders followed by a combo of X10 Step Blast into Cathe Live PHA Training with Cardio Blasts. That PHA workout is one of my favorite Cathe PHA workouts, for sure.

Thelma, great workouts. I completely agree about the PHA workouts. It took awhile for them to grow on me but now they are one of my favorite forms of exercise. I am sorry your bone density test results weren’t what you were hoping for. I am also sorry to hear about your aunt and her health. It just breaks my heart the hundreds of thousands of people right now grieving for somebody and they are still stuck in the middle of a pandemic. I mean, maybe your aunt could find something to look forward to if she could get here or you there or.....something. But the options are so restricted right now. But it is still a good sign that she is reaching out to you. We definitely got more rain last night. :o We had quite the storm and it has now been raining on and off for hours. It certainly doesn’t look like July 1 outside at the moment, but all this wetness is supposed to go away tomorrow for several days. I am looking forward to sunshine again. B)

Erika, great workout. I thought the exact same thing last time I did the Plyo Leg workouts. I kept asking myself if they had always been that hard? :p So glad you are enjoying Meso 3. I am glad you got to spend time with your friend though I am sorry her cancer is returning. That has to be doubly difficult in this moment in time. I won’t try to convince you to sign up again for Live.....but :D if you like PHA workouts, I think she has seven of them now on Live. :) We are supposed to get sunny and into the 90s this weekend and, honestly, I am looking forward to it. I think we have only hit 90s a couple of days so far this summer, and for the 4th, I am ready for it to feel like summer. B) Then it can cool off back into the 80s if it wants. ;)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited July 2020
    Hi Ladies :) Survived "month end" that has lasted all week! LOL We recorded close to 90 transactions in 3 days. {that's alot} ;) Today one of my co-workers left early again so I have been filling in for her and getting my head above water as well on my own work.

Workouts: Monday I did Lean Body Circuits + a short Tabata to follow, last night was a 45 min Peloton (Intervals & Arms), today PHA! <3

I should have a nice day tomorrow so I will check in properly .... just wanted to let you all know I am here.

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Tae Bo, Beginner/Gentle Yoga, LITE Rev'd Up Rumble, and Revive and Restore Yoga.

We finally had a fairly dry day today!
    DH has Thursday and Friday off so we'll venture out for a little bit.

Erika, how nice of you to spend time visiting with your good friend. I'm sure she appreciated it.
    I love those STS Plyo Legs workouts! You do feel spent when you're done.

I was thinking today that my stomach feels different as in less pudgy. My yoga pants felt different around the waist. I hope it's not wishful thinking! LOL
    I had a cardio/yoga workout today. No weights.
    Genetics do stink! it's a good thing I workout and lift weights!
    I didn't answer your question about my aunt and COVID. She did have symptoms. It started two weeks before my uncle was hospitalized. Cough, fever, loss of smell, and taste couldn't eat for two weeks.

Laurel, great workouts! You did Triple Shoulders! WOW! Great job!

Thank you for those kind words about my bone density test results and my aunt. I have no idea what she could possibly do to stay busy if she quits her job. Entry to legal visitors is still restricted.
    We had a little rain last night and today. I think it will be cloudy for the next few days.

Tami, I'm so glad you survived another month end! Great job getting your workouts in even when you're doing two jobs!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • fitzfour
    Hi Ladies!!!

Yesterday was so hot here, I just didn't feel like working out so I took a rest day. Today will be STS again to wrap up week 1.

Tami, I'm glad to hear you survived work...sounds like it was incredibly busy! Good job pulling double duty while your co-worker was out! Love the workouts!!!

Thelma, what a fun workout combo! I hope your weather cooperates with your hubby's days off so you can get out and explore a bit! I don't think you are imagining the changes in your body. Your combos of workouts are likely just what your body needed to shock it a bit and cause some changes! Good job!!

Laurel, great workout mix!! How are those shoulders feeling today?!? I'm pretty certain I'll end up getting LIVE again after STS. I really did enjoy those workouts, and it will be nice to have a good mix coming off of STS. I hope you enjoy your warmer weather..I can send more your way if you'd like! :D

Hi Laurie!

Have a wonderful day! Our office is closed tomorrow so we are going to head over to my BIL's to hang out at the lake for part of the day. It's going to be very hot and humid so we figured a lake day was necessary! Have a wonderful 4th of July!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies. Today’s workout was Ramped Up Upper Body Triple Biceps followed by a combo of X10 Fat Burning Circuit and Cathe Live You Can Do Anything For A Minute. This latter workout was filmed four years ago, but it took me until today to do it. I think I shied away from it because it uses a lot of equipment (step, barbell various dumbbells, tubing, fitness loop and mat), but it was a good workout. As Cathe calls it, it is random training where you just do a variety of cardio and weighted exercises in random order. It was perfect for the more ‘metabolic’ focus of this week. I also finally got in a nice 60 minute walk. My walks keep me sane, and this rainy weather hasn’t been good for my sanity. ;):p

So DH calls last night and he nonchalantly tells me he ran into a moose! Well, he says the moose ran into him. But, nevertheless, his rental car and a moose came into contact yesterday. He had just turned off the main road to go up to their remote site, and the moose stepped into the road. DH swerved the car into the other lane, so the moose broke his front headlight and the side mirror on the passenger side, plus did some body work. But even though it knocked the moose over, it was able to get up and run away. DH said he was very lucky he didn’t hit it full on, and said that he was mostly at a stop on impact (which is why he says he got hit by a moose). I guess the rental car company was really good about it, and the car was still drivable so no major issues there. That could have been SO bad, because those Alaskan moose are huge. But DH, in his usual calm way, is like ‘well, now I have a story to tell’. :o

Tami, glad you survived the end of June! Great job with the workouts despite all the madness at work. I hope you can enjoy a long, relaxing weekend.

Thelma, great workouts. I don’t think you are imagining anything with your body because, honestly, I feel a little leaner right now too. So we are either both imagining it....or it is real. :D It is nice that it is finally drying out a little. It was very foggy here this morning, but now the sunshine is out, which is so nice. I hope your weather holds this weekend so you can get out. I am hoping ours does as well, even if I just sit outside enjoying it for hours. B)

Erika, it is so strange that you are getting all that warm weather, and we are barely getting into the 80s. I was in a tank top and leggings for my walk today and when the sun went behind the clouds, with the breeze, I could have used sleeves on my arms. :o I know summer will kick in soon and I will be drowning in the humidity, but it has been a very odd summer so far. Last year at this time, I had buckets of tomatoes already and this year....I have tons on the vine but they aren’t ripening very quickly. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the long weekend and time at the lake. My shoulders today were a wee bit tired, that’s for sure. These Ramped Up Upper Body triple body part premixes are really so good, but I definitely feel them by the end of the week.

Enjoy the day....and the long weekend for those of you off tomorrow. :D

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, my workout today was LITE Body Weight and Bands.

DH and I had a good time during our outing. We visited a fantastic nursery that had beautiful flower plants and trees. We went to a meat market that's famous around here and got some meat. We also hit the Mexican bakery! This was our most adventurous outing since the quarantine started on 3/13!

It was pretty hot when we were out today. We were about 45 minutes south of BR. I think it's going to be a hot weekend! Hopefully, we'll be able to go out for a little ride tomorrow afternoon after my classes.

Erika, I hope you and your family have a wonderful time at the lake! It isn't fun to exercise when it's hot outside.
    I think the feeling that I'm shrinking around the middle is wishful thinking. If I've lost anything, it can't possibly more than one inch! LOL

Laurel, fantastic workouts! I'm glad you were able to go for a walk today.
    OMG with your husband and the moose! Thank God he is OK. A typical guy being so calm about this! :) I would've freaked out!
    The capris I wore today weren't loose on me. They fit just right like they always have. I'll try a pair of my skinny jeans tomorrow just to see how they fit! LOL
    It was foggy here yesterday morning. We couldn't even see the trees across from our house.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies and God bless America!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Ramped Up Upper Body Triple Chest into Cathe Live Hooked on PHA. This was the last live class Cathe filmed with her class, and was my first time with it. It reminded me a lot of Step Boss PHA, but I liked this one better. I started it thinking it might be a bit easy but, boy, did it catch up with me! I was dripping at the end. I did add on a 30 minute spin....just because but took it pretty easy on myself because I felt that PHA workout. :) Temperatures are going to jump into the high 90s today, and I am good with that. I contemplated going for a walk, but I decided to clean the house, make potato salad and start a new puzzle instead. :)

Thelma, great workout. I am glad you got out and enjoyed the day. I hope you get to do more of it this weekend and, hopefully, it won’t be too hot. I so rarely wear anything other than my workout clothes anymore that I don’t remember how my ‘normal’ clothes used to fit. B) But when I did put on a pair of shorts last weekend to go to the grocery store, I was surprised they felt as comfortable as they did, which got me thinking I might be leaning down a bit. But who knows? I haven’t weighed myself in over three years, and, honestly, I have no idea how much I weighed last time I looked. And I am in no hurry to find out. :p

Enjoy the weekend! Happy 4th!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies! Hope you are all having a wonderful 4th of July weekend and celebrating America!!! We are having beautiful weather this weekend and it feels so nice. DH did so much yard work yesterday that he kind of “over did” himself ... poor guy. The yard is looking great though. I have done a couple days back-to-back of fun workouts. Friday was ICE Metabolic Total Body + Peloton ride, yesterday was PHA 3 + Peloton ride and going to be getting in my workout here shortly!

Thinking of you ladies and I will check in tomorrow ..... Thursday was another busy day (unexpected for me) but it was great! Everyone was in good moods knowing we had 3 full days off coming. Going to enjoy today ~ back at it tomorrow.

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, I hope you had a nice Independence weekend. ours was nice and quiet. It was warm but comfortable. I got a sweet watermelon and some SC peaches during our outings. Sooo good!
    Just like last year, we could see the pretty fireworks all around the valley. One of my cats freaked out on Friday night because there fireworks very close to our house. She hid for a little while. She did better last night thankfully.

My workouts on Friday were Tae Bo, Restorative Healing yoga, and Gentle Flow yoga. Today I just did a Gina B cardio workout. I was house cleaning and cooking and just didn't have the energy to lift weights.

Laurel, awesome workouts! I'm so glad your shorts fit better than you were expecting!
    My skinny jeans fit comfortably which was nice. I also live in my workout clothes these days.

Tami, people all around us were celebrating America with fireworks. I hope you had a good one weekend too.
    I'm so glad you're having beautiful weather!
    I hope your DH recovered from all that yard work! How did Bernie do with the fireworks?
    When does your DH start his fishing trips?

Great workouts! I really like those PHA workouts!

Hi Erika and Laurie!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,411 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Just a short one today, have a lot of catching up to do. Workouts went well, but I had only a couple of days in since I took three days to visit with my parents. They are doing well. We had a really fun 4th weekend also. Hope to catch up on everything when I get home from work.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Hi Ladies!!

We had a nice, long (Friday off) weekend. It was hot and very humid (which makes me a tad crabby) all weekend and expected to be the same until the end of the upcoming weekend. With the heat/humidity is an air quality warning, so we have limited exposure outside with 3 that have asthma and me with my history of heat stroke.

I got in Cathe's Fit Split boxing premix (first time) and really liked it. Saturday was STS Week 2 chest and back. I took a rest day yesterday as it was just too hot (even with the AC on full blast) in here to want to do much of anything.

No luck on the cabin front, but we did buy a boat which is something we've been wanting to do for awhile. Once this weather passes we will be out on the lake a lot! :)

Thelma, I just noticed your new picture...I love it! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend and I'm envious of your watermelon and peaches...oh and the trip to the mexican bakery too! We had a lot of fireworks done by neighbors this weekend, and they were right over our house. Great for us, but 1 of our dogs was just beside herself, so we came home early from our neighbors to comfort her. The boys were at a friends house where they had their own private fireworks show. None of the cities here did any displays so many neighbors were lighting them off. Great job on the workouts, again sounds like a good mix keeping your body guessing!!

Laurel, I love that you tackled a couple new LIVE workouts, they sound great! I'm glad to hear the rain lifted so you could get in a nice long walk! I'm sending you our weather, sounds like it's working!! I don't know what is going on this summer with weather, but my tomatoes are also not even close to ripe yet, and they are supposed to have ripened by 4th of July. I've already lost 1 tomato plant due to the extreme hot and then big dips into cooler/rainy weather and also lost my pepper plant. Hopefully the rest survive!

Laurie, sounds like a great weekend was had and you enjoyed some time with your parents!

Tami, how nice to have the yard looking great, but poor DH! I hope he recovers quickly...I know all too well about overdoing it in the yard! Great job on the workouts!!

Busy day ahead, it will be hard to get back in a groove after such a relaxing weekend!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Mine was very quiet. I did do quite a bit of work around the yard, which was nice. Saturday was a beautiful day, so I also got in a really long walk that day. Other than that, it was my usual household chores, grocery, shopping, cooking, etc. For workouts, on Saturday I did a 30 minute Jessica Smith walk and 30 minutes of yoga with Peloton. Yesterday was Cathe Live Total Body Giant Sets followed by a 45 minute Peloton ride. And today was Cathe Live Legs with Weights and Barre followed by Cathe Live Warrior Kickboxing. It has been a couple of weeks since my last boxing workout, and it sure felt great today to be punching something (air) again. :D

Tami, great workouts! I am glad you were enjoying some good weather this weekend. Hope your DH has recovered from his yard work.

Laurie, welcome back! I am glad to hear your parents are doing well.

Thelma, great workouts. Your mentioning watermelon and peaches has my mouth watering. Sadly, they had to shut down our farmer’s market here, so I am not quite sure I will get any fresh fruit this year, which is a shame.

Erika, I am sorry to hear you are still suffering from the heat. That is no fun. Our weather has yet to get that oppressive feeling, though I imagine it is coming. Both Saturday and yesterday were in the 90s, but it was perfectly comfortable to work in the yard. Hopefully you get weather like that again soon. I hate to say this...bit I am glad I am not alone with plants struggling this summer. I lost my zucchini plant yesterday. It was doing fine and then.....gone. I thought zucchini plants were near indestructible. :o But, finally, I have tomatoes beginning to ripen. Oddly, my peppers are doing much better this year than last, including two full plants of jalapeño peppers. But this is not the year for either zucchini or cucumber here for whatever reason.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel