What are your biggest food/beverage product disappointments?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    alexmose wrote: »
    I take back what I said ab PB2 ;)

what made ya change your mind?

I put it in my oatmeal and it’s just having a bowl of sweet peanut goodness

LOL yeah. I don't know how you tried it before but it makes a mean mix in. :)

(I tried it once or twice as reconstituted peanut butter for a lower calorie pb&j and...it didn't do it for me.)
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    I take back what I said ab PB2 ;)

what made ya change your mind?

I put it in my oatmeal and it’s just having a bowl of sweet peanut goodness

LOL yeah. I don't know how you tried it before but it makes a mean mix in. :)

(I tried it once or twice as reconstituted peanut butter for a lower calorie pb&j and...it didn't do it for me.)

I recently started adding egg whites to my oatmeal and it’s just a big fluffy bowl of goodness.
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Most, if not all vegan desserts (thinking Whole Foods here). Even cookies - and I don’t understand how a cookie is messed up and gross but wow.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited May 2020
    klove808 wrote: »
    Most, if not all vegan desserts (thinking Whole Foods here). Even cookies - and I don’t understand how a cookie is messed up and gross but wow.

Not sure if you have tried these... but these are amazing (and vegan/gluten free)
    5l030rrj863k.png

https://betterbitesbakery.com/collections
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    ^ @pancakerunner haven’t yet tried those - they look like maybe worth it. I’ll try and find em and give em a go. TA.
  • pancakerunner
    klove808 wrote: »
    ^ @pancakerunner haven’t yet tried those - they look like maybe worth it. I’ll try and find em and give em a go. TA.

They sell them at target too :)
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Kiwi :( I was so sad to discover a fruit I don’t enjoy.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,299 Member
    I don't eat ice cream often but really don't like Halo Top or really other low cal ice creams. I do actually like the low cal walmart brand valilla ice cream or frozen yogurt lol
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,299 Member
    Veggie straws.
    My parents and my sister were telling me how GOOD they are...luckily, I tried them at my sister's house before buying a bag. They taste like styrofoam packing peanuts.

I love veggie straws, we all have different tastes lol . so good you got to try them. I hate it when I have to buy the whole package of something just to try it
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    edited May 2020
    Not a healthy food, but I think the cookie butter from Trader Joe's is very blah. I'd waited so long to try it because of the calorie count, and then I ended up eating one spoonful and throwing it away! I guess it's a good thing, not like I needed another high calorie dessert anyway...

As far as ice cream, it took me a long time to figure out a serving (or sometimes 1.5 servings) of the real thing is so much better than any of the low calorie alternatives where you can eat a lot more in one sitting. I've been on a huge ice cream kick lately and have had it almost every night for the past few weeks. I just fit it into my calorie day. For 1 serving, my trick is to put it in a small cup and it looks a lot more appealing/feels like you are getting more even though it's just a visual trick. One serving in a regular sized bowl just looks sad.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    harper16 wrote: »
    Nutella. Every says how delicious it is, so I finally tried it. It was beyond awful. I threw the rest of the container into the trash.

Yes! Nutella is not good. Anything that mixes hazelnut and chocolate is not good! Fererro Roche, etc.

Fun fact. Ferrero roche makes Nutella. Its literally the same filling.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Anything zero calorie.
    Salad dressings, syrups, coffee syrups, etc. Yuck.
    I've tried so many brands and finally gave up because they all have that nasty, chemical, artificial taste to them.

Also, this ice cream. Judging by the picture, you'd assume it has a lot of oreo pieces in it, right? WRONG. I think in the entire half gallon, there was maybe three pieces total. And I wish that were an exaggeration.
    br66xa5m54if.jpg

I ju3want to comment that that is NOT icecream. Look at the package "frozen dairy dessert" which usually means no cream at all. It's full of powdered thickeners and maybe a bit of milk. I got caught one day because they are in the same section as icecream, and was a brand I had tried before (not this one). And they look like icecream. But they are not. They are a gelatinous gluggy sludge of sugar and blah.

MUST have cream in it to be called icecream. Pays to double check the packaging and ingredients.

I once left some on my counter on a plate and it didn't even melt. I was horrified.

Also im with the not liking taste of alcohol thing. I just don't get it lol.
  • pancakerunner
    4bz49cu5xou4.png
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    I bought a bag of Tesco frozen mini onion rings the other day - I figured I could ration them out with my dinners as a treat. I mean, I'm the original junk food eater. The calories seemed manageable.

Had a couple the other day with my meal and they didn't seem to taste of anything. Debating slowly eating them up, or tossing them giving they are taking up freezer space and I could put some nicer food in there.
  • pancakerunner
    Latest was the white chocolate carb killa bar from Grenade :(
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    A cronut was not worth the calories.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Lenny and Larry's complete cookie. Tastes just ok, and the calorie to protein ratio is pretty weak too, which was part of the reason people raved about it (for the protein).
  • OliveSalt
    OliveSalt Posts: 47 Member
    "Veggie" straws, chips, or tot snacks

"Skinny" bagels

Any kind of "special" bottled water

• pancakerunner
    Lenny and Larry's complete cookie. Tastes just ok, and the calorie to protein ratio is pretty weak too, which was part of the reason people raved about it (for the protein).

yep!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

They are terrible cold. I love the bday cake and snickerdoodle but only warmed up. I went through a phase this summer where I was eating 4 a day for months lol. Like 1700 cal in cookies a day.