What We're Eating

Replies

• thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    I just made soup for the first time in years (and certainly for the whilst time whilst counting calories). It's insane how few calories home made soup has!

I had a portion of butternut squash and sweet potato soup, topped with crispy onions and served with a breadstick for a grand total of 143 calories. My biggest mistake was not adding enough seasoning to the batch soup, but I half-expected that, and just seasoned my individual portion (making sure to log, of course). What a difference a bit of salt makes. :)

I was really happy with the texture. Could have been slightly tastier, but I think that's just because whilst I eat squash, I'm not in love with it. Still, if making soup can get me to increase my veg intake, that's good going. A breadstick is good for the crunch (only need the one) and at 26 calories, totally worth it. I'd miss off the crispy onion next (19 calories) as it didn't stay crispy for long and I'm not sure added much.

I have 3 other portions in the fridge (will transfer to the freezer shortly) and next, I'll try parsnip and apple. I'd also like to try potato and sweetcorn after my next grocery shop.
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Breakfast
    Cherry Greek yogurt with some cherries mixed in. 2 cups coffee with Splenda and half and half
    Lunch
    Macaroni and cheese, side salad with lite Catalina salad dressing, some pickled beets and a large diet coke
    Dinner
    Chocolate banana pb smoothie with a dollop of cool whip, a sprinkle of pb2, and a drizzle of sugar free chocolate syrup
    Walked a 7 mile trail, then we had a couple of appointments soooo..ANOTHER YARD BREAK!!! Unfortunate back at tomorrow 😔 Happy Thursday Everyone
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    edited July 2020
    Breakfast: leftover tomato/grain/herb salad with some shredded lettuce and half a can of tuna mixed in. Cup of tea with a scoop of collagen peptides and splash of oat milk.
    Snack: iced cold brew with oat milk.
    Lunch: tofu and shrimp curry with rice and a big side of sautéed snap peas.
    Snack: baby carrots dipped in green goddess dressing.
    Snack: iced kombucha, and later a green tea mochi because I'm obsessed! It's becoming the first thing I log every day, then I work my calories back from there 😆
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    Summertime Breakfast today: Fresh sliced strawberries, Kellogg's Raisin Bran Crunch, and lowfat Vanilla Yogurt, alternately layered in a pretty parfait glass! (Many varieties, based on fruit and cereal on hand.) Yummy!
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Breakfast: Black coffee, water, trail mix with roasted edamame, lightly salted almonds, and vanilla-almond granola.

Lunch: black-bean-corn-avocado salad paired with turkey meatballs seasoned with cilantro, lime, and hot sauce.

Snack: Black iced coffee, vanilla almond Pure protein bar, an apple, and a sugar-free fizzy apple beverage.

Dinner: Sweet Italian chicken sausage on a roll with Dijon mustard, roasted carrots and onions, and a romaine/carrot/onion salad with lime-basil dressing.

Dessert 1: vodka with seltzer and a few frozen raspberries

Dessert 2: piece of frosted chocolate-chip cookie cake
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Breakfast: N/A
    Lunch: Take out Indian rice bowl (rice, chicken tandoori, korma sauce, pickled onions, raita, mango chutney), Naan
    Dinner: Veggie fried rice, japanese sweet potato
  • donidaily
    Reaaaaaalllllly craving good ramen after reading all the Asian stuff from previous postings!!!! Anyone have any good ramen recipes? c:

Ramen is something I am really missing because of not eating out! I have never tried to make it myself though, all the different bits...
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Pre-planned my food for the day, on a whim, after eating breakfast and making a super pretty Skyr snack. Turns out I finally hit my super unattainable macros for once (30/25/45). Yet, I'm not convinced that regular pre-planning is in my future lol...

Breakfast: Coffee with milk. Cheesy egg white omelette with turkey bacon and guac

Snack: Black coffee

Lunch: Salmon and acorn squash

Snack: Skyr topped with cherries, peaches, and ginger

Dinner: Vega protein shake (post-workout)
  • hawksgirl229
    Breakfast
    Cherry Greek yogurt with some cherries mixed in. 2 cups coffee with Splenda and half and half
    Lunch
    Boboli personal pizza crust topped with diced red onion, Bbq shredded chicken and mozzarella cheese. Side salad with lite Catalina salad dressing and a large diet coke
    After Lunch
    2 pieces sugar free Russell stover candy
    Dinner
    Chocolate banana pb smoothie with a very heavy dollop of cool whip, sprinkle of pb2 and a drizzle of sugar free chocolate syrup.
    Walked a 7 mile trail and it's still very hot and humid here in Illinois. Finally just about finished with the yard/painter prep🥳 Stay safe and Happy Friday everyone 🌟
  • donidaily
    Breakfast: toasted ww sourdough with sliced tomato, fresh mozz, and basil. Lettuce, cucumber, and baby bell peppers with salt and olive oil. Cup of tea with collagen peptides and a little oat milk.
    Snack: two apricots.
    Lunch: leftover tofu and shrimp curry with rice, sautéed snap peas.
    Snacks: gin and tonic, some pretzels, a TJs raspberry cream bar.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    donidaily wrote: »
    Reaaaaaalllllly craving good ramen after reading all the Asian stuff from previous postings!!!! Anyone have any good ramen recipes? c:

Ramen is something I am really missing because of not eating out! I have never tried to make it myself though, all the different bits...

Agreed, there's so many different parts to it! And then you have to figure out what to do with all the extras! D:
  • rainingribbons
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer, scrambled egg, spinach, 2 slices of bacon
    Lunch: 1/2 grilled chicken greens and grains bowl from Cava
    Snack: 3/4 grande Java chocolate chip frappuccino
    Snack: Other 1/2 grilled chicken greens and grains bowl from Cava
    Dinner: Leftover jalapeno popper chicken casserole over greens
  • gallicinvasion
    Breakfast: Black coffee, mix of strawberries, cantaloupe, kiwi, and grapes, with a cheesecake fruit dip.

Lunch: hot-sauce-cilantro turkey meatballs, shredded Greek-marinated chicken.

Dinner: seared duck breast with balsamic-maple-Dijon glaze, duck-fat-roasted carrots and onions, and a carrot salad with honey Dijon dressing.

Snack 1: blueberry-cheesecake yogurt bark.

Snack 2: honey-roasted peanut butter on ritz crackers.

Snack 3: Choco Taco with Amish peanut butter spread.

Snack 4: tiny plate of pineapple and cantaloupe.

• hawksgirl229
    HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE
    Breakfast
    Cherry Greek yogurt with some cherries mixed in 2 cups coffee with Splenda and half and half
    Lunch
    1 steak on the grill, 1 slab of ribs on the grill, onion rings, steak fries, garlic bread and side salad..This was put out buffet style and shared with my husband. Puppy got to enjoy the smells..leftovers for lunch tomorrow
    Dinner
    1 slice cherry pie, 1 slice portillos chocolate cake..each will be cut in half and topped with magnum double white chocolate ice cream and topped with cool whip..This will be shared with my husband with no leftovers planned🐷 puppy will get a couple of licks of the cool whip🐶
    We walked a 7 mile trail this morning to do some pre damage control..Have fun and stay safe everyone..
  • donidaily
    Breakfast: cup of tea with oat milk and an apricot. Kept it light ahead of...
    Brunch: half a fat everything bagel with olive cream cheese, lox, and sliced tomato. Iced cold brew with oat milk. A cucumber on the side.
    Snack: peach skyr.
    Evening picnic at home: vino verde, pretzels, smoked cheddar, olives, and lots of chopped veggies.
    Snack: a TJs raspberry cream bar.

@hawksgirl229 Your menu sounds so good! Hoping to catch NY’s fireworks from our rooftop tonight, have a great 4th everyone!
  • rainingribbons
    Have a great day today everyone!

Breakfast: Coffee with creamer, scrambled egg with spinach
    Lunch: Roast beef and cheddar sandwich with lettuce and tomato, grapes, sour cream and cheddar ruffles
    Snack: more grapes and ruffles
    Snack: Chocolate peanut butter protein shake
    Dinner: Pierogies and chicken topped with a light tomato and spinach cream sauce
    Drinks: We're staying in for 4th of July cause most of the fireworks nearby were cancelled and there isn't really a place to watch them safely without waiting in traffic for forever afterwards. Do drinks and games tonight it is! All within calories.
  • gallicinvasion
    Breakfast: Oatmeal with sweet potato, brown sugar, and granola on top, and an iced coffee with almond milk.

Lunch: Black bean-corn-avocado salad.

Snack 1: Starbucks iced coffee with a splash of almond milk, a pump of peppermint, and a pump of mocha.

Snack 2: Sweet-salty roasted edamame and peanut-butter-filled pretzel nuggets.

Dinner: Bacon baked beans, a sweet Italian sausage with mustard, and an onion-bacon burger on toast with ketchup. Plus a Diet Dr. Pepper.

Dessert: Piece of dark-chocolate-salted-caramel, a chocolate chip cookie mug cake, and some Ben & Jerry’s strawberry cheesecake ice cream.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Worked up an appetite after a longish early morning bike ride, so today is calorie-dense, carb-loaded and has an indulgent after dinner snack #refeed

Breakfast: Coffee with milk. Sesame seed bagel and guac

Snack: Coffee with milk. Chicken jerky.

Lunch: Skipped

Snack: The last high fiber brownie with some caramel ice cream and some sour candies

Dinner: BBQ Beef ribs, roasted asparagus and a bourbon cocktail (with organic ginger and lemon juices)

Snack: Inspired by @fstrickl's picture, I wanted to make a yogurt bowl with roasted cherries and walnuts. Alas, I burnt the cherries beyond recognition after an alarmingly impromptu nap/coma brought on by the humungous dinner. So, umm, it was a yogurt bowl with roasted strawberries and walnuts instead. Used a buckwheat pancake as the "bowl."
  • hawksgirl229
    Breakfast
    Lunch
    Shredded bbq rotisserie chicken hot over a large salad, croutons, a wedge of warm sourdough bread with butter and a large diet coke
    After lunch
    Some honey roasted pistachios bought these the same time as the sweet chili ones..Yummy yummy
    Dinner
    Cherry chocolate smoothie with cool whip and a drizzle of sugar free chocolate syrup.
    Walked 7.5 mile path in another forest preserve
    All good things must end, sooo after our lunch it's the final shed/yard stuff😔 Happy Sunday everyone. Enjoying all the menus..Yummy!!!