Postpartum Support

Hello,

I am almost 6 weeks postpartum with my 2nd child and exclusively breastfeeding (with 1 pump in the morning after a nursing session to build supply before I start working again). Postpartum depression has hit hard with this one and it has impacted hunger like crazy. I'm hungry but nothing sounds great or I become nauseous while nursing and lose any appetite. I'll be seeing a therapist this next week and as a dietitian I know I need adequate caloric intake, especially since I am also adding physical activity back into my day.

So my question is - if anyone has gone through this, what helped you? Were there any foods that just hit the spot for you? Maybe if I hear of different snacks or meals, one will actually stand out to me and hit the spot. My brain power isn't there to come up with something tasty sounding to me haha. Also, just some mom support is nice during this journey as well! Learning our new family dynamics is definitely fun but a challenge, especially with a VERY energetic 2.5 year old boy who also throws some epic tantrums lol.

Thanks in advance! ❤❤

Replies

• ShawnaE10123
    ShawnaE10123 Posts: 68 Member
    Congratulations on the new baby 🙂 I had my 3rd baby back in August he is 10 months old now but is still breastfed. Since having him I have lost 65lbs. I also have a 5 yr old and 2.5yr old 🤯
    Snacks are life haha I absolutely go through food aversions. I keep a lot of fruit on hand and different types of crackers. My favorite snacks are pillers pepperonis with Ritz crackers and cheese. Watermelon - not a lot of calories but fluids. Ritz crackers with peanut butter. Trail mix.
    I basically eat whatever my kids eat lol but I found eating 5 smaller snacks/meals a day really helped me.
    My favorite meal right now is 2 bags of frozen riced cauliflower with 1 bag of frozen broccoli flourets and 1 jar of alfredo sauce turned into a caserole and BBQ protein on the side.
  • rauriebirch
    rauriebirch Posts: 4 Member
    So sorry to hear about the postpartum depression. That sounds really hard, and nothing like some annoying appetite issues to throw in there for good measure. 😫