Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member

💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body the nutrition it needs and feed my mind with the quality thoughts it deserves
    💜💜💜
    ⛱🎡🎢🎠🏕 JULY 🏕🎠🎢🏕⛱
    To all those essential workers still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] working on a Memories Project for my grandson
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 147.1
      Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to,tone muscles, sonot unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Sun 31May: 148.7
      JUNE:
      Week 1:
      Mon 01: 148.5 😎 Happy to maintain until I sort out strength w/outs.
      Tue 02: 148.5 🌻
      Wed 03: 148.8 🌻
      Thu 04: 148.6🌻
      Fri 05: 148.5🌻
      Sat 06: 148.6🌻
      Sun 07: 148.4🌻[
      Week 2:
      Mon 8: 148.8🌻 Still holding steady
      Tue 9: 148.8 🌻
      Wed 10: 148.6🌻
      Thu 11: 148.4 🌻
      Fri 12: 148.6🌻 bad case of the nibbles tonight.
      Sat 13: 148.8:🌻
      Sun 14: 149.1🌻Silly choices yesterday!!!
      Mon 15: 149.4 🤔
      Tues 16: 149.2🤔
      Wed 17: 149.3🤔
      Thu 18: 149.2🤔
      Fri 19: 149.4 🤓 I was wondering if this uptick is connected to the fact that I have started interval walking/jogging to get my steps in. I did a little research, and sure enough, there it was, in black and white. When you start jogging, the muscles hold on to fluid for muscle repair. Can be several lbs, and it sorts itself out when the body acclimatises, so I'm sticking with it until it settles down.
      😂 Just when you think you have it all sorted, one little change throws it up in the air again. I'm guessing that this is temporary.

Sat 20: 149.5
      Sun 21: 149.2
      Mon 22: 149.7
      Tue 23: 149.5
      Wed 24: 149.4
      Thu 25: 149.8
      Sat 27: 149.9
      Sun 28: 149.8
      Mon 28: 148.2
      July:
      Wed 2: 149.5
      Thu 3: 149.6

JFT Fri 3 July:
      Daily goals:
      Sleep: 🌷
      Meditation:🌷centring
      Intentional exercise: > 50🌷117
      Cardio: > 30🌷HIIT /walk/jog w weights
      Strength: > 10🌷legs
      Flex: >10🌷Pilates
      Prelog: stay in the green🌷
      Weight: < 150🌷
      Steps: > 7500🌷10517
      Fitbit > 6 active hours 🌷12
      Mood: 😎
      Activities I got to do:
      🌷meditation:✅
      🌷HIIT walk/jog✅
      🌷work on DGSs Birthday Project✅
      🌷Watch TV: ✅Puzzles: ✅crochet: ✅

JFT Sat 4 July:
      Daily goals:
      Sleep:
      Meditation: Calm Being
      Intentional exercise: > 50
      Cardio: > 30
      Strength: > 10 legs
      Flex: >10 Pilates
      Prelog: stay in the green
      Weight: < 150
      Steps: > 7500
      Fitbit > 6 active hours
      Mood: :sunglasses:
      Activities I get to do:
      🌷meditation: Write journal:
      🌷laundry: chores: shopping:
      🌷Update Accounts
      🌷Declutter - computer room; Shoes
      🌷Watch TV: Puzzles: crochet: Knit
      🌷Ans 3 Qs in DGSs Birthday Project
    • fairy_daisy
      fairy_daisy Posts: 247 Member
      I’m on holiday (at home!) for a week, I may not post so often, but my daily aims are still the same - log everything, stay in the green, try to get to bed early. I’m hoping I might see my weight go down when I’m not just sitting down at a computer all day...
    • cesse47
      cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
      🎆🎆 Have A Safe & Fun 4th of July 🎆🎆

JULY GOALS ---
      (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [week 1 challenge = MEASURE IT!]
      (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
      (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
      Feed & Water animals done
      Vacuum and Mop kitchen floor
      Sweep and Mop bathroom floor
      Yardwork: water hanging plants ... weed whack north, south, east, west perimeter
    • SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      @clicketykeys - Did you like Hamilton?⭐️

@Snowflake1968 - yesterday, making lunch for the family and putting chips on everyone’s plate was torture, but I resisted!

FRIDAY:
      - Fence project🟢
      - Log everything / stay green🟢
      - Housework🔴
      - Food prep🟢

JFT SATURDAY/SUNDAY:
      - Log everything / stay green
      - Exercise
      - Fence project (hopefully finish)
      - Clean house
      - Plan girls bday party
      - No chips!

JULY CHALLENGE:
      In an attempt to refocus this month, I’ve decided to try and give up chips. This will be extremely difficult. I eat them almost daily. They are my weakness. I’m using a bikini as my emoji, since that will be a goal for next summer!

*************NO CHIP CHALLENGE*************

July 1,2,3
      👙👙👙
    • littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
      edited July 2020
      I've missed a few days, things have been a bit erratic and I didn't post, although I've still been logging. My Dad is in hospital, and we're not allowed to visit due to the virus. I know he'll be hating it. Hopefully it won't be for long.

So today I need to meet some goals
      JFT Saturday 4th July

Log everything
      Aim for green, definitely under maintenance
      Back exercises
      5 fruit and veg
      Walk
      Bills, paperwork

Have a great weekend everyone :)
      @ZizzyBumble , is it this weekend you go home? I hope your long journey goes well and time passes quickly
    • cesse47
      @SERmom3 I know how hard that can be. It's that craving for salty / crunchy. I tried baking my own vegetable crisps but quit ... in order to get them crispy when baked, you need to use some oil. And, you can sprinkle on a minute portion of salt. However, no recipe showed nutritional info and by my calculations they were about the same as Lays ... so quit them entirely.

Now, Apple Crisps are another matter. I sprinkle the rounds with a bit of cinnamon and bake them. They come out nice and crispy ... nutrition info below. It's just the apple and the cinnamon ... that's it. I've baked with and without skin. Usually do one of each. Also, I like Granny Smith and McIntosh so usually do one of each.

I think it is the crunchy part that I usually need to satisfy and apple crisps will do that for me. Here's the link for the recipe closest to what I have.

https://wellplated.com/apple-chips/

Nutrition
      Serving: 1(of 6), about 1/2 cup, Calories: 65kcal, Carbohydrates: 18g, Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Sodium: 2mg, Potassium: 0mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 11g, Vitamin A: 0IU, Vitamin C: 0mg, Calcium: 0mg, Iron: 0mg
    • cesse47
      I've missed a few days, things have been a bit erratic and I didn't post, although I've still been logging. My Dad is in hospital, and we're not allowed to visit due to the virus. I know he'll be hating it. Hopefully it won't be for long.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. It doesn't sound like he has the virus; just being quarantined because they don't want him exposed ... right? Hope all goes well for him and he returns home soon.
    • SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      @cesse47 - Thanks! I’ll bookmark that!
    • littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
      cesse47 wrote: »

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. It doesn't sound like he has the virus; just being quarantined because they don't want him exposed ... right? Hope all goes well for him and he returns home soon.

Oh yes, you are right, I wasn't very clear. He doesn't have the virus, he has terminal cancer. He is getting blood transfusions and we hope he'll be home after they are done. He HATES being in hospital!
    • cesse47
      @TerriRichardson112 My DGD surprised me with a "just because" gift ... a new crossbody tote with matching wristlet inside ... and ... a journal entitled "Nana, tell me your Story" ... 101 questions for Nana to share her life and thoughts.

Some questions geared towards genealogy, earliest memory, schools, how did you dress in high school, what did you do after high school, what advice did your parents give you .... what makes you laugh, 3 best decisions, questions about work / job ... some questions I'll really have to think about.

Made me think of you and your DGS project. LOL

🎆 Have a great 4th!! 🎆
    • cesse47
      I’m on holiday (at home!) for a week, I may not post so often, but my daily aims are still the same - log everything, stay in the green, try to get to bed early. I’m hoping I might see my weight go down when I’m not just sitting down at a computer all day...

🎆 Happy 4th!! 🎆

Indulge Yourself (in non-food ways, of course LOL) -- take a bubble bath, give yourself a mani/pedi, sit outside in the shade and read a book. Pamper yourself a bit.

Enjoy your holiday!!
    • HEGoddard0928
      HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
      JFT, 7/3/20

- ovulation test :smiley:
      - write AT LEAST 1800 words :smiley:Didn't hit the mark of new words written until like 10:30 when I finished a scene right before bed but it's done.

So Matt was late to work today because he thought he was in an hour later than he was actually scheduled. Lol. No one yelled at him at least. I think they know how lucky they are to have him. Not many people would put up with all the things he does at the moment. I was talking to my dad yesterday and he was saying about how Matt will probably never want for work because he has a trade that's pretty in demand. I brought up the topic that when Matt can no longer work in like 10-15 years(because of his health) he might be able to open up a small shop in the back room of the house and work on bikes for people there. Like as a side business to keep himself busy. He and Matt both thought it was a great idea. I can also see him getting a lot of work during the Christmas season from all of those parents who buy bikes for their kids online and then have no idea how to put them together. Lol. I don't know if that's still a thing though. Lol

Anyway, I have a few chores I have to do before I can actually start writing so I should probably work on some of them now.

JFT, 7/4/20

- laundry
      - vacuum/sweep and mop
      - dishwasher
      - shower
      - write at least 1500 words

I hope everyone has a great day!
    • cesse47
      JFT, 7/3/20

- ovulation test :smiley:
      - write AT LEAST 1800 words :smiley:Didn't hit the mark of new words written until like 10:30 when I finished a scene right before bed but it's done.

- write at least 1500 words

I hope everyone has a great day!

I'm sure you've probably mentioned this ... but, I'm old and my memory if full of holes!! LOL :p
      Are you writing a novel? a family history?

Hope you have a great day as well!! 🎆
    • pridesabtch
      pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
      JFT Friday

- Do camp dishes. :smiley:
      - Break camp and load cars :smiley:
      - Drive home :smiley:
      - Love on my puppies :smiley: The boxer is pouting so he didn't want loved on
      - Unload and start mountain of laundry :smiley:
      - Take youngest to a Hamilton Watch party/sleepover :smiley:
      - Maybe, maybe walk :( Rest day
      - Maybe have a few beers, maybe not. I have to weigh tomorrow. Weighing after vacation is scary. :smiley: Had 2 and pizza...
      - Turn in early :wink: Fell asleep watching Hamilton. I was exhausted.

Have a great day y’all!

Yesterday I was told by coach to take a rest day & eat over my calorie allowance because I'd been low over the week. I did, but I think it affected my weigh in this morning. I was still down 0.2 pounds after vacay, which is good, but not as good as I expected it to be. Oh well, a loss is a loss and I needed the re-feed and rest day.

It's hot out today mid 90's projected by noon. Planning on a bike ride today 20-25 miles or so, but relaxed pace and relatively flat terrain. Probably looking at 14 mph or so.

JFT Saturday

- Weigh in :smiley:
      - Pick up kiddo :smiley:
      - GO for bike ride on rail trail.
      - Log everything
      - Stay green
      - No alcohol
      - No cookies or candy
      - Bed by 12:00am

Have a spectacular day y'all!

• cesse47
      @pridesabtch as you say ... a loss is still a loss! and, especially on Vacay! Yea You!!
    • Bex953172
      Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
      cesse47 wrote: »
      @TerriRichardson112 My DGD surprised me with a "just because" gift ... a new crossbody tote with matching wristlet inside ... and ... a journal entitled "Nana, tell me your Story" ... 101 questions for Nana to share her life and thoughts.

Some questions geared towards genealogy, earliest memory, schools, how did you dress in high school, what did you do after high school, what advice did your parents give you .... what makes you laugh, 3 best decisions, questions about work / job ... some questions I'll really have to think about.

Made me think of you and your DGS project. LOL

🎆 Have a great 4th!! 🎆

Oh my gosh what a lovely and such a thoughtful gift! I would have cried if I received that lol!
    • cesse47
      @Bex953172 certainly made me teary!! Best thing was it a material pattern that matched my very favorite "old" tote that finally wore out. It was a limited edition fabric and offered thru QVC one day only. Loved it. Was heartbroken when I finally admitted it was time to toss it. She bought in on Amazon for like $5 and I know it would have been $80-100 new ... and it looks like it was never used.

But, most of all, my heart was touched that she wants to hear "my story".

Thanks Bex! Sure made my day! <3
    • merope2
      merope2 Posts: 60 Member
      Friday: journal complete
      Saturday: complete journal
    • Snowflake1968
      Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
      JFT - Friday July 3
      1 Litre of Water - 🙂
      Log all Food - 👿
      No chips - 👿
      Gratitude Journal - 👿

JFT - Saturday July 4
      1 Litre of Water
      Log all Food
      No chips
      Gratitude Journal

@aubyshortcake - sorry your Dad is in the hospital.

@HEGoddard0928 - I hope you have success in the next few months. Have you published any of your work?

I have nothing planned for today except to go to the Farmers Market which I did. I like the freshness but it’s so expensive. I then stopped at the local butcher and bought some meat. That isn’t as expensive as the grocery store.

I am trying to keep us on a tight budget this pay period. We have a large bill next week to have our trailer levelled. I have found the cost of things seem to have gone through the roof.

• cschmitz110515
      cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
      Jumping online to wish all my US friends a happy Independence Day. I hope your celebrations are safe, healthy and fun!

Being a summer holiday, I'm not going to post any JFT goals, but I intend to eat healthy & proportionally. Have lots of good stuff from this morning's farmers market to fix. No workout today since I didn't get up early before heat built up. It's currently 86 with feels like of 89. Don't want to walk hot dog in this.

Yesterday morning I logged my x-training (too hot & humid to walk dog any distance) done in the cool of our basement. Just after I finished at 10 a.m., we lost all power at our house. I reported the outage, learned it affected 200 households & the estimated restore time was 12:15. But not really. Finally equipment was repaired & we had power at 3 p.m. B/c my android phone is old and loses charge quickly, I decided to not use it in case power was off an extended period, so no logging on MFP or JFT. Turned into a very pleasant, no-tech day, enjoying the shade with a breeze on the patio, reading, plus going for a relaxing drive with hubby and dog. Might repeat that today, minus losing power (I hope).

Have a great day everyone! I read posts later.