Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    Enhanced Training schedule is going well. I managed to get 35 mins of HIIT done first thing and had several mini workouts throughout the day.
    💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body the nutrition it needs and feed my mind with the quality thoughts it deserves
    💜💜💜
    ⛱🎡🎢🎠🏕 JULY 🏕🎠🎢🏕⛱
    To all those essential workers still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] working on a Memories Project for my grandson
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 147.1
      Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to,tone muscles, sonot unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Sun 31May: 148.7
      JUNE:
      Week 1:
      Mon 01: 148.5 😎 Happy to maintain until I sort out strength w/outs.
      Tue 02: 148.5 🌻
      Wed 03: 148.8 🌻
      Thu 04: 148.6🌻
      Fri 05: 148.5🌻
      Sat 06: 148.6🌻
      Sun 07: 148.4🌻[
      Week 2:
      Mon 8: 148.8🌻 Still holding steady
      Tue 9: 148.8 🌻
      Wed 10: 148.6🌻
      Thu 11: 148.4 🌻
      Fri 12: 148.6🌻 bad case of the nibbles tonight.
      Sat 13: 148.8:🌻
      Sun 14: 149.1🌻Silly choices yesterday!!!
      Mon 15: 149.4 🤔
      Tues 16: 149.2🤔
      Wed 17: 149.3🤔
      Thu 18: 149.2🤔
      Fri 19: 149.4 🤓 I was wondering if this uptick is connected to the fact that I have started interval walking/jogging to get my steps in. I did a little research, and sure enough, there it was, in black and white. When you start jogging, the muscles hold on to fluid for muscle repair. Can be several lbs, and it sorts itself out when the body acclimatises, so I'm sticking with it until it settles down.
      😂 Just when you think you have it all sorted, one little change throws it up in the air again. I'm guessing that this is temporary.

Sat 20: 149.5
      Sun 21: 149.2
      Mon 22: 149.7
      Tue 23: 149.5
      Wed 24: 149.4
      Thu 25: 149.8
      Sat 27: 149.9
      Sun 28: 149.8
      Mon 28: 148.2
      July:
      Wed 1 149.5
      Thu 2 149.6
      Sat 4: 149.8

🇺🇸 Happy July 4th 🇺🇸
      🇺🇸To all my Stateside Friends 🇺🇸

JFT Sat 4 July:
      Daily goals:
      Sleep: 🌷
      Meditation:🌷New Day
      Intentional exercise: > 50🌷76
      Cardio: > 30🌷HIIT /walk/jog w weights
      Strength: > 10🌷legs
      Flex: >10🌷Pilates
      Prelog: stay in the green🌷
      Weight: < 150🌷
      Steps: > 7500🌷10504
      Fitbit > 6 active hours 🌷11
      Mood: 😎
      Activities I got to do:
      🌷meditation:✅
      🌷HIIT walk/jog✅
      🌷Local shopping ✅ Phone call with DED
      🌷work on DGSs Birthday Project✅ Almost done!
      🌷Watch TV: ✅Puzzles: ✅crochet: ✅

JFT Sun 5 July:
      Daily goals:
      Sleep:
      Meditation:
      Intentional exercise: > 50
      Cardio: > 30
      Strength: > 10 legs
      Flex: >10 Pilates
      Prelog: stay in the green
      Weight: < 150
      Steps: > 7500
      Fitbit > 6 active hours
      Mood: :sunglasses:
      Activities I get to do:
      🌷meditation: Write journal:
      🌷laundry: chores:
      🌷Skype with family
      🌷Watch TV: Puzzles: crochet: Knit
      🌷Finish DGSs Birthday Project

• littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
      JFT Saturday 4th July

Log everything yes
      Aim for green, definitely under maintenance 245 cals into the red
      Back exercises yes
      5 fruit and veg 4
      Walk 35 minutes and 20 minutes
      Bills, paperwork no

Did ok yesterday but chose a higher calorie evening meal, so didn't manage to stay in the green. Could have been worse, at least it wasn't takeout :)

JFT Sunday 5th July

Log everything
      Stay in the green
      Back exercises
      5 fruit and veg
      Walk
      Bills, paperwork
      Business emails
    • cesse47
      cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
      JULY GOALS ---
      (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water -- MEASURE IT!!
      (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
      (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
      Feed the animals - done
      Vacuum and Mop kitchen floor
      Sweep and Mop bathroom floor
      Do 15 min of yardwork: Weed Whack north and east perimeters

So, left the house yesterday around 2pm and got home around 2 am. Pretty much blew thru food & bev yesterday. Don't think I did major damage but certainly added a couple of bruises. So, back on track today!!

Lots of yardwork to get done. Need to get sprinklers set up in the back and front yards. Plan to finish weed whipping of north and east perimeters. Then, have pruning to finish on north side. Supposed to climb to mid-90's by 1 pm today ... and most of the rest of the week.

Have a great day Y'all !! 🌞
    • pridesabtch
      pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
      JFT Saturday

- Weigh in :smiley:
      - Pick up kiddo :smiley:
      - GO for bike ride on rail trail. 😃
      - Log everything😃
      - Stay green😄
      - No alcohol😄
      - No cookies or candy😄
      - Bed by 12:00am😄

Have a spectacular day y'all!

Clean sweep yesterday. Had a nice 30 mile bike ride with hubby. It was In the mid 99s, but much of the Trail was shaded. Came home and took a nap. Woke up to grilled steaks, yum! Watched the 1996 Independence Day for the millionth time. It was a great day

JFT Sunday
      - listen to church
      - Weigh in
      - Meet with friend to coordinate this weeks camping trip.
      - Get some exercise in. Ride or walk.
      - Do laundry
      - Clean down stairs.
      - Log everything
      - No cookies/ candy
      - No alcohol
      - Stay green

Have a blessed day y’all!
    • merope2
      merope2 Posts: 60 Member
      Saturday: everything logged
      Sunday: log everything

I have now just about lost the weight I gained since the beginning of SIP for my state! That means my next goal can be losing the weight I gained from the beginning of the year till mid-March (it has not been a good year so far weight-wise). So much more of my wardrobe will actually fit when I go back to work!
    • Snowflake1968
      Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
      JFT - Saturday July 4
      1 Litre of Water - 🙂
      Log all Food - 🙂
      No chips -🙂
      Gratitude Journal - 🙂

JFT - Sunday July 5
      1 Litre of Water
      Log all Food
      No chips
      Gratitude Journal

I ended up cleaning all afternoon yesterday. I washed my cupboard faces, rearranged some things and the place looks great. Today I need to do the bathroom and bedroom. I should scrub all the way through too, but that will depend on Rodger and if he gets out of my way or not.

• HEGoddard0928
      HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
      cesse47 wrote: »
      JFT, 7/3/20

- ovulation test :smiley:
      - write AT LEAST 1800 words :smiley:Didn't hit the mark of new words written until like 10:30 when I finished a scene right before bed but it's done.

- write at least 1500 words

I hope everyone has a great day!

I'm sure you've probably mentioned this ... but, I'm old and my memory if full of holes!! LOL :p
      Are you writing a novel? a family history?

Hope you have a great day as well!! 🎆

I'm writing a novel! It's actually an expansion of a short story I wrote about ten years ago. Lol
    • HEGoddard0928
      cesse47 wrote: »
      @Bex953172 certainly made me teary!! Best thing was it a material pattern that matched my very favorite "old" tote that finally wore out. It was a limited edition fabric and offered thru QVC one day only. Loved it. Was heartbroken when I finally admitted it was time to toss it. She bought in on Amazon for like $5 and I know it would have been $80-100 new ... and it looks like it was never used.

But, most of all, my heart was touched that she wants to hear "my story".

Thanks Bex! Sure made my day! <3

Terry's DGS's project gave me an idea too. My father is the only boy in his family's generation. His Uncle had 4 girls. Both my Grandfather and Great Uncle were WW2 vets and have all kinds of stories that I know are going to die with my Father. So I'm getting him and my mom little handheld tape recorders so that they can tell me their stories and I can type them up and have a family history. I know that most phones have voice recorders in them but trying to get my dad to figure out how to use that is too much trouble. Lol. He's technologically challenged. Lol.
    • HEGoddard0928
      JFT, 7/4/20

- laundry :smiley:
      - vacuum/sweep and mop :smiley:
      - dishwasher :smiley:
      - shower :smiley:
      - write at least 1500 words :disappointed:I think the grand total was 55...that's right...55.

So yesterday was a good day except for the lack of words. I got caught up listening to a book by my new fav author while I was cleaning. I listened to the whole 9-hour book yesterday and by the time it was over I just didn't have it in me to actually write anything myself. Those 55 words were the ending paragraph to the chapter I wrote the night before. I'm really hoping to be able to write the next one today. Maybe even two. Matt works until 7ish tonight so I'll have all afternoon to write...we'll see how it goes.

Okay, onto some light goals for today.

JFT, 7/5/20

- Fold and put away clean clothes
      - Weigh-in(I know it's going to be crap but I have to be consistent)
      - Finish one scene
      - Make shopping list
    • clicketykeys
      clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
      JFT Sunday
      1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
      2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. AM run 3 miles and/or bike ride?
      3. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Check green room for paintbrushes and donations.
      4. Lunch: leftovers. Write a blog post - album? Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort
      5. Write a letter. Dinner: soup? 1 hr writing: letter to B.
      6. Color! 1 hr reading. Garden 3-8.
      7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
      8. Writing: Album post. Message Z.
      9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Check on free NAIE membership? Wed book group. Thu play practice. N 3-8 3, M off 10, T off 3. Check with PCP about SHBP screening. Thursday visit parents - take photos. Wed AM Google test at school. Blood work Monday AM? Tuesday library

Scale goals
      End of 2017: 174.6
      End of 2018: 189.2
      End of 2019: 196.4
      End of January: 194.6
      End of February: 196.2
      End of March: 193.8
      End of April: 192.6
      End of May: 191.8
      End of June: 192.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
      1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
      2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
      3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
      4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
      5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
      6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. PCP July 15 10:30. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots? left toe joints. Sleep center 778 3316.
      7. Theater: 1984.
      8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
      9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
      10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
      11. Family: Google Hangout. Dinners?
      12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. @SERmom3 - Hamilton was really good. I think part of the reason people love it so much is that so many musicals are revivals or adaptations lately.
    • cschmitz110515
      cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
      Didn't log on early enough today to post goals, but would've been the usual anyway. Starting tomorrow, I work in my actual office every Mon. & Tues. with continuing Covid protocols to follow, and work at home Wed. - Fri. Since I won't take time to post JFT in the morning, thought I would this evening.

JFT M 7/6
      1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) / 5 somethings
      2) Bring lunch/snacks & water bottle (prepped already) / net cals green / 12c water
      3) Be productive at work
      4) Prep lunch/snacks & water bottle for Tues.
      5) Make strawberry muffins
      6) At least one home chore (can be minor)
      7) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set alarm (maybe x-train before work? not in this habit at all!)

Today was the reopening of services inside my church, with limited attendance, new protocols including wearing masks, and social distancing. Members are encouraged to attend lesser attended services, so I went to 7:45 this morning (not my first choice but thought I could sacrifice some sleep). Saw two of my fellow choir members, who always sat next to me pre-Covid. Strange sitting across the aisle from each other, but so nice to see them again. Absolutely wonderful to have a "real" service with singing again. First time since March 15.

After church I decided dog and I "needed" to walk even though we continue our heat & humidity wave (which I hate). Kept to cul de sacs in neighborhood since I knew there would be shade and lack of options would limit my walking. No need to worry about that. Dog was panting heavily and dragging by 3 miles and I wasn't much better, so we stopped several times under trees, and happily returned the last quarter mile home.

Following my walk, hubby and I decided to order takeout brunch from a favorite local restaurant. After all, I have been cooking quite often lately. Even though dine-in is now an option (with limited, spaced seating) hubby and I have no intention of dine-in anytime soon. Positive Covid cases are spiking again in our state, and the few times I am out in public, I see too many people acting like nothing is going on. We canceled hubby's family annual get together this weekend, and missed my nephew's annual fireworks display (too far to drive anyway). But I did enjoy the Sat. outdoor farmers market (vendors required to mask, most attendees also mask) and have lots of fresh, local produce for the upcoming week. Here's to our health!

2020 Goals:
      1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
      2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
      3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
      4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
      5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
      6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace"
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
      Word for 2020: Persist
    • TerriRichardson112
      TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
      💜💜💜
      I choose to feed my body the nutrition it needs and feed my mind with the quality thoughts it deserves
      💜💜💜
      ⛱🎡🎢🎠🏕 JULY 🏕🎠🎢🏕⛱
      To all those essential workers still going out there....
      🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
      Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
        [*] working on a Memories Project for my grandson
        [*] structuring my day
        [*] morning and evening meditation
        [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
        [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
        [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
        [*] yoga/Taichi
        [*] Walks with DH
        [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
        [*] Decluttering
        [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
        Turning up is the ultimate success!
        2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:01 Aug 2019: 170.1
        31 Dec 2019: 151.2
        Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
        2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
        Name: Terri
        My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
        SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
        GW: 147.1
        Jan: - 2
        Feb: - 1.3
        Mar: - 0.9
        Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
        May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to,tone muscles, sonot unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
        Sun 31May: 148.7
        JUNE:
        Week 1:
        Mon 01: 148.5 😎 Happy to maintain until I sort out strength w/outs.
        Tue 02: 148.5 🌻
        Wed 03: 148.8 🌻
        Thu 04: 148.6🌻
        Fri 05: 148.5🌻
        Sat 06: 148.6🌻
        Sun 07: 148.4🌻[
        Week 2:
        Mon 8: 148.8🌻 Still holding steady
        Tue 9: 148.8 🌻
        Wed 10: 148.6🌻
        Thu 11: 148.4 🌻
        Fri 12: 148.6🌻 bad case of the nibbles tonight.
        Sat 13: 148.8:🌻
        Sun 14: 149.1🌻Silly choices yesterday!!!
        Mon 15: 149.4 🤔
        Tues 16: 149.2🤔
        Wed 17: 149.3🤔
        Thu 18: 149.2🤔
        Fri 19: 149.4 🤓 I was wondering if this uptick is connected to the fact that I have started interval walking/jogging to get my steps in. I did a little research, and sure enough, there it was, in black and white. When you start jogging, the muscles hold on to fluid for muscle repair. Can be several lbs, and it sorts itself out when the body acclimatises, so I'm sticking with it until it settles down.
        😂 Just when you think you have it all sorted, one little change throws it up in the air again. I'm guessing that this is temporary.

Sat 20: 149.5
        Sun 21: 149.2
        Mon 22: 149.7
        Tue 23: 149.5
        Wed 24: 149.4
        Thu 25: 149.8
        Sat 27: 149.9
        Sun 28: 149.8
        Mon 28: 148.2
        July:
        Wed 1 149.5
        Thu 2 149.6
        Sat 4: 149.8
        Sun 5: 149.7

JFT Sun 5 July:
        Daily goals:
        Sleep: 🌷
        Meditation:🌷Mindfulness
        Intentional exercise: > 50🌷125
        Cardio: > 30🌷Interval walk/jog
        Strength: > 10🌷legs
        Flex: >10🌷Gentle stretches
        Prelog: stay in the green🌷
        Weight: < 150🌷
        Steps: > 7500🌷9600+
        Fitbit > 6 active hours 🌷12
        Mood: 😎
        Activities I got to do:
        🌷meditation:✅
        🌷interval walk/jog✅
        🌷Family Skype✅
        🌷work on DGSs Birthday Project✅ 2 Qs left to answer.
        🌷Watch TV: ✅Puzzles: ✅crochet: ✅

Did some HIIT in the morning, then had a fairly relaxed afternoon

JFT Mon 6 July:
        Daily goals:
        Sleep:
        Meditation:
        Intentional exercise: > 50
        Cardio: > 30
        Strength: > 10 legs
        Flex: >10 Pilates
        Prelog: stay in the green
        Weight: < 150
        Steps: > 7500
        Fitbit > 6 active hours
        Mood: :sunglasses:
        Activities I get to do:
        🌷meditation: Write journal:
        🌷laundry: chores:
        🌷Watch TV: Puzzles: crochet: Knit
        🌷Finish/edit/print DGSs Birthday Project

• cschmitz110515
        cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
        edited July 2020
        Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food... my sweet tooth, especially chocolate... portion control... FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale. No goal dates set ~ this is not a diet but my lifestyle.

Age 62, 5'4" (have permanently lost half inch ~ bummer)
        GW #1: 150 in a livable way = It's. Not. A. Diet.
        GW #2: 145 normal BMI
        UG maintain: 145 - 150 (need to be realistic)

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
        1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
        5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations / committed to posting weekly weigh-in
        06/03 = 177.5
        06/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
        06/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
        06/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
        07/01 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
        07/08 = 177.5 oops
        07/15 = 176.5
        07/22 = 175.0
        07/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
        08/05 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
        08/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
        08/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
        08/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
        09/02/17 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
        09/09 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
        09/16/17 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
        09/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
        09/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
        10/07 = 166.0
        10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
        10/21/17 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge (daily w/i)]
        10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
        11/04 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week
        11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
        11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
        11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
        12/02 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
        12/09/17 = 158.5 first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :D
        12/16 = 158.0 no work parties or food days & stuck with CICO
        12/23 = 157.5 no "workouts" but shoveled snow & snowshoed, busy with Christmas preparations
        12/30 = 159.0 Christmas Day no food/beverages logged
        01/06/18 = 159.0 New Year's Eve hubby & I splurged on treats & beverages (at home), and I did not log...totally worth it!
        01/13 = 157.0 big surprise! Yesterday evening, walked in Frenzy on the Fox 5K in 47:26 & pace 15:19. Very happy with my time, wore layers of clothes in 10 degrees & NNW 12 mph wind, fun event.
        01/20 = 156.5
        01/27 = 156.5 maintaining / not a bad thing
        02/03 = sick / no weigh in
        02/10 = 152.5 unhealthy loss due to illness / I know weight will go back up & I'm totally fine with that
        02/17/18 = 153.0 thrilled with annual physical on 2/15/18: BP 110/68, pulse 64 and BMI 26.14 :star:
        02/24 = 154.0 little out of control last week, but at goal for the month
        03/03 = 155.5 oops / still lower than before I was sick
        03/10 = 153.5 back on track
        03/17 = 152.5
        03/24 = 153.0 evening snacks & two days straight of 8 hr seminars (+ lots of sitting)
        03/31 = 153.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before / Badger State Brewing 10K 1:30:28.82 and average pace 14:35 :smiley:
        04/07 = 154.5 ack ~ ate Easter candy most evenings
        04/14 = 153.5 Day 1 of record-setting blizzard ~ yuck! Followed by day 2 of blizzard, then snow day (no work / still shoveling & plowing) on Monday ~ in APRIL ~ yikes! :p
        04/21 = 153.5 after such weird week & daily weight fluctuations, happy to maintain
        04/28 = 152.0
        05/05 = 153.5 kinda stalled three months + feeling hungry more often ~ since w/i 10# of goal, changed MFP setting to lose 1/2 lb. per week & see how it goes
        05/12 = 153.5 ok with this ~ think changing my MFP setting, and having more net calories to play with, is agreeing with me ~ I'm not so hungry all the time
        05/19 = 154.0 drinks (2 margaritas) & dinner w/ BFF night before + enjoyed everything!
        05/26/18 = 153.0 Health Risk Assessment 5/15/18 ~ BMI 25.6 :star:
        06/02 = 153.0 basically in maintenance for now ~ I'll take it!
        06/09 = 152.5 Bellin Run 10K 1:28:12 split time 45:03 ave. pace 14:12 ~ beat goal of < 1:30 :star:
        06/16 = 152.0
        06/23 = 156.0 end of vacation week & lots of eating out
        06/30 = 155.5
        07/07 = 156.0 post-vacation w/i net calories not. so. much. Ack!
        07/14 = 154.5 prelogging & sticking w/ plan helps
        07/21 = 154.5 Packers 5K 44:50 ave pace 14:26 min/mile ~ beat goal < 45:00 :star:
        07/28 = 157.5 peanut M&M attacks (eek) + dinner out w/ SIL/niece (yum!) + staff luncheon (ick)
        08/03 = 155.5 started Evening Snack Challenge on JFT
        08/11 = 158.0 stressful week (job crap ~ hubby's & my own) >:) , Chinese buffet 1 evening & Feast with the Beasts (so worth it!)
        08/18 = 157.5 saw 156.0 during week ~ evening snack challenge not. so. good.
        08/25 = 156.0 prelogged as much as possible & CICO getting better
        09/01 = 154.5 included Taste on Broadway & office relocation so packing & moving boxes ~ very pleased
        09/08 = 157.5 too many office bday indulgences / City Stadium 5K for Veterans 44:27 & ave. pace 14:16 ~ beat goal of < 44:30 :star:
        09/15 = 156.0
        09/22 = 155.5 maybe lower if not for Pizza Ranch prairie pizza & wine at BFF's the night before
        09/29 = 154.0
        10/06 = 155.0 may include water retention in muscles b/c resumed home version of weights & circuit-training day before
        10/13 = 157.0 birthday treats & adult beverages / walked in Run for the Hill of It 5K in 48:13 pace 15:32 & hill 2:01 ~ beat both time (part unpaved trail with sloppy conditions due to 5" rain over preceding week) & hill (finish is UP a steep sledding hill) from last year :star: and learned only 25 out of 267 participants finished the hill < 1 min.
        10/20 = 155.0
        10/27 = 158.0 oops... lots of leaf-raking the evening before + too. much. snacking.
        11/03 = 156.5 better planning / stopped evening snacking (mostly)
        11/10 = 156.0 basically stuck in maintenance mode ~ not the worst thing
        11/17 = 157.0
        11/24 = 159.5 Thanksgiving week & paid time off with hubby ~ def going in wrong direction ~ oops
        12/01 = 157.5 Jingle Bell 5K 45:38 & ave. pace 14:42 ~ not bad
        12/08 = 157.0
        12/15 = 156.5 clearly in maintenance mode all year ~ not exactly the plan but I'm ok with this for now ~ really happy to stay 1-5-anything
        12/22 = 155.5 surprised by this ~ maybe due to much later than normal weigh-in (late start to the day)
        12/29/18 = 159.5 and happy I stayed 1-5-anything over holidays & vacation days at home
        01/05/19 = 157.5
        01/12 = 158.0 Frenzy on the Fox 5K 1/11 with friends ~ not timed / MapMyWalk 54:19
        01/19 = 158.0 maintained even with evening snacking & skipped workouts
        01/26 = 157.5
        02/02 = 158.5 hubby's traditional bday dinner + leftovers + evening snacking ~ oops
        02/09 = 158.5 ok with no gain / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 48:34:89 & ave. pace 15:89 in below zero temps & icy mile 2
        02/16 = 158.0
        02/23 = 160.0 oops... deserved, net cals & sodium def red prior 3 days. Annual physical 2/26 159.6 fully clothed.
        03/02 = 159.5
        03/09 = 157.5
        03/16 = 158.0 feeling unwell & no workouts all week
        03/23 = 157.5 finally feeling better
        03/31 = 160.5 posting Sun. month end w/i ~ too many days, net calories RED. Badger State Brewing 10K 3/30 in 1:28:14 & ave. pace 14:12 and beat goal < 1:30 :star:
        04/06 = 160.0 saw 158.5 during week
        04/13 = 159.5
        Hiatus from MFP 4/17 - 4/29 (Easter 4/21)
        05/04 = 161.5 logging again starting 4/30
        05/11 = 163.0 ack
        05/18 = 163.0 no gain
        05/25 = 163.0 could be worse
        06/01 = 162.0
        06/08 = 162.0 pre-race spaghetti night before / Bellin Run 10K 1:29:54 split 44:13 ave. pace 14:29
        06/15 = 164.0 ate at fast food, cafe (brunch), pub (happy hour), seminar (lunch), dinner at BFF's (sangria)
        06/22 = 162.5 better eating & tracking
        06/29 = 163.5 two days of conference food
        07/06 = 162.5
        07/13 = 163.5 two out-of-town family parties + diner food + drinks/dinner at Mexican restaurant
        07/20 = 166.0 cousin's funeral luncheon (one whole table w/ family desserts) + restaurant week lunch w/ hubby + pizza supper w/ hubby
        07/27 = 165.0
        08/03 = 164.5 happy to see any loss at all... I am the tortoise :D
        08/10 = 167.5 high sodium & emotional eating
        08/17 = 167.5
        08/24 = 165.5
        08/31 = 169.5 staycation week & ate whatever I wanted
        09/07 = 167.0 flushed sodium & water weight / City Stadium 5K for Veterans 45:12 (goal < 45:00) & ave. pace 14:33
        09/14 = 166.5
        09/21 = 166.0
        09/27 = 165.5
        10/05 = 167.5 pre-race food ~ Pink Pumpkin 5K 44:06 :star: (goal < 45:00) & ave. pace 14:12
        10/12 = 165.5 eating back on track ~ Run for the Hill of It 5K (trail event) 48:06 & hill 1:58 :star: (goal < 2 min.)
        10/19 = 165.5
        10/26 = 165.0 slowly but surely... my lifestyle is NOT a diet :D
        11/02 = 165.5 Maru & Jack's party / food night before
        11/09 = 164.5 few days of staying at zero net calories works!
        11/16 = 165.0 rare Fri. night dinner date w/ hubby at local cafe ~ totally worth it!
        11/23 = 166.0 wrong way again
        11/30 = 168.0 ACK!!!
        12/07 = 165.5 sick several days & painful sore throat will do that
        12/14 = 167.0 on prednisone & ate to quell nausea
        12/21 = 165.5
        12/28/19 = 168.5 spent 75% of 2019 in 160s... not the plan :p
        01/04/20 = stomach flu 1/4 - 1/5 & slow recovery 1/6 - 1/7 ~ lost unhealthy amount of weight quickly
        01/11 = 164.5 Fri. evening Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29
        01/18 = 164.5 managed to maintain weight lost while sick
        01/25 = 166.0 expected (some high sodium days)
        02/01 = 166.0 bday celebrations (hubby's, mom's, co-worker's) + evening snacking
        02/08 = 166.5 pre-race carb-loading / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 :star:
        02/15 = 166.0
        02/22 = 167.0 not sure about accuracy of exercise calories logged this week
        02/29 = 165.0 yay
        3/2/20 Dr. B recommended getting my weight back down for relief of newly diagnosed mild arthritis in both my knees. Another incentive.
        03/07 = 165.5 several very red days ~ oops
        03/14 = 164.5 conscientiously logging food helps
        03/21 = 162.5 stressed out & not feeling like eating (apparently I emotional eat only when bored, lonely or sad)
        03/28 = 162.0 work at home since 3/20/20, eating (mostly) healthy to stay healthy & walked 27.62 miles w/ dog
        04/04 = 161.5 walked virtual Badger State Brewing 10K on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 [not my usual race pace but I never walk race events with my dog & no other participants ~ happy me]
        04/11 = 162.0 several evening snack attacks of peanut M&Ms
        04/18 = 162.5 inching back up ~ Easter dinner + chocolate + high sodium meals of scalloped potatoes/ham + pea soup w/ ham
        04/25 = 162.0 happy to be inching back down
        05/02 = 162.0 saw 161 during week ~ yay
        05/09 = 163.5 comfort eating + rest days Thurs. AND Fri. ~ oops
        05/16 = 164.0 wrong direction ~ need to get a grip! Virtual #RonaRunOff w/ dog 5.08 mi in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23. Event miles of each participant will be aggregated at the end of May and, for every 50 miles, a pair of shoes will be donated to an area healthcare or janitorial worker. I had the opportunity to nominate my hubby for the shoes. I hope he gets selected!
        05/23 = 163.0
        05/30 = 162.5
        06/06 = 164.0 emotional eating + unhealthy evening snacking / walked virtual Bellin Run 10K w/ dog 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14
        06/13 = 162.5 healthier farmers market eating & limited evening snacks
        06/20 = 163.0
        06/27 = 162.5
        07/04 = 162.0

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Today: Smile ~ Laugh ~ Be Kind ~ <3 ~ Eat Well ~ Be Active
      • fairy_daisy
        fairy_daisy Posts: 247 Member
        Sunday July 5

I met my usual goals and now I’m sitting in bed on a train headed to Scotland. Tomorrow, I’ll be reunited with my husband, I’ve not seen him since the end of Feb. He has champagne chilling and other goodies in store. I don’t expect to be in the green tomorrow! I hope my dad will be ok on his own.

Hi @ZizzyBumble, I’m in Scotland too! Welcome back! I’m sorry it sounds like you’re torn between two places right now.

And congrats @merope2 on your weight loss, it’s been nice to see another newbie on here, starting out with the logging. I think I’m also pretty much back to where I was pre-lockdown, but there’s still some weight to lose...

It’s my first week off in ages, and my daily goals are still: log everything, stay in the green, get to bed on time. Not the most rock and roll holiday, but hey!

• littleblackskirt
        littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
        Also in Scotland :) Enjoy your reunion @ZizzyBumble

JFT Sunday 5th July

Log everything yes
        Stay in the green yes :)
        Back exercises yes
        5 fruit and veg 6
        Walk 36 minutes
        Bills, paperwork yes
        Business emails yes

JFT Monday 6th July

Log everything
        Stay in the green
        Back exercises
        5 fruit and veg
        Walk
        More paperwork
        Gardening if it's dry
        Dye hair
        Laundry
      • SERmom3
        SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
        SATURDAY/SUNDAY:
        - Log everything🟢
        - stay green - Sat🔴 Sun🟢
        - Exercise🟢
        - Fence project 🟢
        - Clean house🔴
        - Plan girls bday party🟢
        - No chips!🟢

I think this “no chip challenge” is working. I lost 2 lbs this week, and I very rarely have a 2lb drop! The chips are normally just wasted calories for me It’s been easier staying green without that extra 150ish cals everyday.

JFT MONDAY:
        - Log everything / Stay green
        - Exercise
        - No chips!
        - Fence project (still more to do...)
        - Clean! - house is getting out of control
        - Meal plan/food prep

JULY CHALLENGE:
        In an attempt to refocus this month, I’ve decided to try and give up chips. This will be extremely difficult. I eat them almost daily. They are my weakness. I’m using a bikini as my emoji, since that will be a goal for next summer!

*************NO CHIP CHALLENGE*************

July 1,2,3,4,5
        👙👙👙👙👙
      • merope2
        merope2 Posts: 60 Member
        Sunday: all food logged
        Monday: log all food

@fairy_daisy thank you! and congratulations on your loss as well! Enjoy your week off, you deserve a break.
      • HEGoddard0928

JFT, 7/5/20

- Fold and put away clean clothes :disappointed:
        - Weigh-in(I know it's going to be crap but I have to be consistent) :disappointed:I just completely forgot until like midday and by then it was too late to get an accurate reading.
        - Finish one scene :smiley:
        - Make shopping list :neutral:Kinda? I need to add more to it today. I'm going shopping tomorrow.

So we discovered that Panda has fleas. We live at the shore so most of the area is covered in sand which is the breeding ground for sand fleas. He isn't an outdoor cat so I guess we must have brought them in on our shoes or something. They are really common in this area. So I ran to the store yesterday and picked up flea shampoo and flea home spray to kill them on furniture and floors and things. He did great when I bathed him yesterday. There was no crying and he didn't try to claw me. I mean, he didn't enjoy it but there was no harm done. Panda is still scratching so probably tomorrow I'm going to give him another bath and spray down the house again. The house smells nice though. The scent of the spray is cloves. Lol. I just hope that Panda feels better soon. It breaks my heart to see him so uncomfortable.

I managed to get that one scene done yesterday. It was more of copy, pasting, and tweaking but it's done. That's the last bit that will be like that. The rest of the story will be fresh out of my head. Lol. I'm excited for it. Honestly, I think that might be my only goal real goal for the day. I need to get back into the actual swing of writing. Most of what I've done the last few days can be considered editing.

Okay, enough of my ramblings!

JFT, 7/6/20

- Finish at least one scene
        - Figure out dinner

That's it for today I think.
      • pridesabtch
        pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member

JFT Sunday
        - listen to church :smiley:
        - Weigh in :smiley: down 1.6
        - Meet with friend to coordinate this weeks camping trip. :smiley: Mexican for lunch
        - Get some exercise in. Ride or walk. :smiley: Ride & Walk bonus
        - Do laundry :(
        - Clean down stairs. :( Forgot this was even on the list
        - Do 10 push ups :smiley: 2 full 8 on knees
        - No alcohol :smiley:
        - Stay green :smiley:

Have a blessed day y’all!

Yesterday was a good day though I forgot I was going to do household chores. Luckily hubby picked up the laundry bit while i went shopping. Spent a little one on one time with my youngest at lunch and shopping, it was very nice, but man she talks a lot. I figure at 15 its good she talks to me at all, so I always listen. After that I went for a short, but fast bike ride. At least it was fast for me right now. It was only 13 miles, but I averaged a little over 16 mph. I was happy with that for now. When I got home, I decided to go for a walk, and I thought maybe I'd try to walk a little faster than usual I dropped my average mile time on my 3.5 mile route from 17:30 to 17:10. Mind you this is not a flat course. Then I came home and made a sweat angel in the garage. After that, left over pizza and a movie.

JFT Monday
        - Sleep in a bit (Holiday for me) :smiley:
        - Weigh, down 0.4 which surprised me after my big drop yesterday :smiley:
        - Water flowers for my daughter since she is at a friend's :smiley: man it is already hot at 8:00am
        - Go for a walk downtown
        - Go to the butcher shop, yes our small town still has a local butcher. great quality reasonable prices
        - Do rowing workout, ugh rowing is hard
        - Paint over nail heads on screened in porch, I keep forgetting this.
        - Do 10 push ups
        - No cookies or candy
        - No alcohol
        - Log everything
        - Stay green

Have a fabulous day and make yourselves accountable. Love y'all!