Feel free to introduce your dogs!!

CoachFrenchie
CoachFrenchie Posts: 135 Member
Pics and such as well!!! I have a German Shepherd with wolf in her. A handful. I am going deaf from the barking....πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Β«13

Replies

• Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    I have a beagle-terrier mix that was rescued from the Roswell city pound. Darwin is his name, because he is very adaptable
  • CoachFrenchie
    What a cutie!!!!!! Love the name!!!
  • Ccricfo
    Your dog sounds impetuous.....is she easy to train?
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    I have tried for two days to upload a photo to this thread. Fails every time. The usual MFP glitches. Will try with the computer tomorrow.
  • high_violet
    high_violet Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. Nice to meet you all, and good idea for a group. Not all about food and working out !
    I don't own a dog but i've been a dog walker for 10 years so walk plenty every day which helps with the calorie burning :)
  • CoachFrenchie
    A dog walker!!! What an awesome job!
    My dog is easy to train. She is a dream and a great protection dog, trained to protect me. She just takes it too seriously sometimes. Plus she has Lyme disease so I baby her way too much ....xqfxu8ydid4a.jpg
  • alteredsteve175
    pb1fik242za3.jpg

This is Daisy. She's a Chesapeake Bay retriever. Her whelping date was July 2nd - she just had her first birthday. Which is the same as mine. An interesting coincidence.

She makes sure I get some walking or hiking almost every day.

And you have to keep an eye out for that tail. She can clear the coffee table with a couple of strokes. HAHA!
  • CoachFrenchie
    I heard those dogs are the best swimmers!
  • alteredsteve175
    I heard those dogs are the best swimmers!

Yes, they are excellent swimmers. And they can use their tails as a rudder to steer themselves in the water.

They were bred from some Newfoundland puppies in Maryland and probably crossed with flat coated retrievers and curly coated retrievers. That is probably the origin of the wavy coat on the back. They were used by market duck hunters in the Chesapeake Bay from the 1800's to the 1930's.

I have some video of her swimming, but I can't post it. MFP doesn't support videos in the group threads.

• CoachFrenchie
    That's too bad!!! I would love to see Daisy swim! My lab used to swim and I miss that...at 9 she is now retired and enjoys the couch more than the waterπŸ€—
    I love Daisy's face.
  • Ccricfo
    My dog avoids water at all costs, except to drink, of course. When the dog park is muddy he will only walk In the dry areas. I've never given him a bath because he cleans himself like a cat and never smells bad.
  • bamamom02
    bamamom02 Posts: 75 Member
    Hey, y'all! My name is Rhonda, and my family's furry fitness companion is our 11 year old Basset hound Merle. He loves our daily walks, as long as we let him include some rambling to investigate scents.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    I have a German Shorthair Pointer, she is such a character, I love her to bits. I’m going crazy with her whining, she has to tell ya about everything that is going on. LOL
    This group should be a lot of fun. Thank you for starting it.
  • alteredsteve175
    Hey, y'all! My name is Rhonda, and my family's furry fitness companion is our 11 year old Basset hound Merle. He loves our daily walks, as long as we let him include some rambling to investigate scents.

Hi, Rhonda! Good to see you and Merle here! πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ
  • Ccricfo
    Welcome to both of you.....your dogs are precious! Can't wait to hear more about them.
  • alteredsteve175
    I have a German Shorthair Pointer, she is such a character, I love her to bits. I’m going crazy with her whining, she has to tell ya about everything that is going on. LOL
    This group should be a lot of fun. Thank you for starting it.

Hi, Glenda! Love that expression on your dog's face. Good to see you here! πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ
  • bribbles90
    bribbles90 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi! I am happy to be in a group where our animals keep us moving (and so happy.) I have three pups , two are 13 years old, and the German Shepherd, my boy, is 3.5 years old. I cannot imagine life without them.
    n8co5vgticwg.jpg
    x0f21agkokz2.jpgqqod2eauliyl.jpg

• Ccricfo
    @evamutt Welcome....what an interesting cast of characters! I wouldn't want to be the Amazon delivery guy in your neighborhood.