Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Congrats on your 1.6 loss ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜˜ Pleasant trip and safe journey and have fun๐Ÿ’–
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Helloooooo everyone :0) I hope everyone has been well! I need to get back on track and get some pounds off. Omad seems to be the only thing that really works for me. I'm afraid to get on the scale right now so I'm gonna wait a month or so to weigh but I'm sure that I'm back to needing to lose 50 pounds again :s I'm on my 5th day of omad right now. I wasn't tested but doc says I had covid 19. March 15 start and it took till mid April to be symptom free. Was super bad because it made my blood pressure plunge. I didn't know that was going on because I was too weak to ask for the blood pressure cuff . Couldn't stand for more than 10 seconds and head would start pounding like jumanjii jungle animals charging ( only when I stood).. Symptoms: no smell or taste, continual non productive cough, extreme pain all over body, fever103 for 12 days, bp 78/55 ( and that is when I was symptom free after 4 weeks), heart rate would go from 60 sitting to 175 when I stood, no food for 9 days, slept for 2 weeks pretty straight thru (no tv and blinds shut) couldn't even sit in a recliner. After a month I could get out of bed and into a recliner in my room. Didn't leave my room for 7 weeks to not infect my husband. I'm still not 100%; get very tired after just a grocery run. Trying to get back into walking but I'm at 30% of my old walking days. Lost 15 pounds while sick but after 10 days of eating I got ravenous and ate way more than I ever did and couldn't control my hunger. So finally was able to get back on omad and I'm very thankful.
    Here's a pic of tonight's meal ( it was yummy :) ) ebo1gae40zpt.jpg

• katjustkat
    Hope everyone had a good day ;0) I'm just truckin' along. Here's a pic of my omad dinner. Spaghetti and meat sauce and a meatball, parmesan cheese, a lil spinach and some fresh cherries. Good night all :0)
    1zsmw7jv3yoo.jpg
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Kat, wow so sorry you had COVID....but so happy you are back and on your way to recovering fully. I had a co-worker that had it and he said it was the sickest he has ever been...โ€ฆ.

OMAD on, and the pounds will drop!!!!

Hugs! <3<3
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    So sorry to hear you had COVID!!!! Glad you're back on track and feeling better though <3
  • katjustkat
    volgirl & misty, thank you for the welcome back; it feels really good to be back on here and on track. You guys were smart staying on here. Volgirl...it's amazing how differently people react to covid. I agree with your co-worker...I def could have died, and I see that now. My blood pressure wasn't high enough to sustain me standing and I had no clue.
    Omad was a collection of what was left in the frig tonight. Tasted good though. Fish sticks, sweet potato and purple cauliflower (tasted the same as regular), tartar sauce, salad and fresh cherries. Easier today which was great. Hope everyone has a lovely evening ;0)
    9qn9xivz964l.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Good OMAD day. Got hungry when I saw Steph's food pics so note to self....come on here after my meal! :p I added a second walk when I got hungry and that tied me over till dinner. Made chicken Tikka Masala and cooked cabbage & a bit of watermelon. Two hours later and I'm still stuffed. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. I'll be painting the dining room...trying to lighten up the walls. 6h3iommw9952.jpg
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    OMG now I am hungry.....LOl your meal looks amazing......Glad you are back!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    I'm dying - THAT MASALA LOOKS FREAKIN AMAZINGGGGGGGGG <3
  • katjustkat
    volgirl....it's indeed hard to see pics of food pics outside our eating window :# I post them to give ideas and for me to look back when I can't think of something to make for dinner. Steph, that masala sauce comes in a jar all ready to go. It's the kroger brand. It's very good. All I do is saute chopped chicken breast & onions in olive oil, add the sauce and frozen green peas last 10-15 minutes. I boil some arborio rice and boom it's a simple meal.
    Today I made Armenian kiftas; bulgar wheat (soaked over night in water to soften), tomato paste, finely chopped onions, green peppers, parsley, olive oil, salt & pepper & allspice. Mash with your fists in a massive bowl and then form into balls. Super delish from my childhood.
    Pretty good omad day but I ate at 4 instead of 5. Will have to distract myself tomorrow to not repeat that chink in my head. Hope everyone had a super day! <3 (couldn't download my food pic...said format not accessible so I took a pic of a prior pic :s , had a salad toooooo.
    qbfvt8wr66wk.jpg

• mistymeadows2005
    OH YOU FANCY with your bulgar wheat LMAOOOOOO

I never trust jarred sauces - I've literally NEVER found one I like...EVER. Perhaps I will try this though because Masala is tough to do right at home and I do love it AND I have a kroger right around the corner :)
  • katjustkat
    Ya...just cost you a couple bucks to try. I normally make everything from scratch but this is good haha.
    omad went great today. Brought home some of our favorite pizzas and hubby went unresponsive at the dinner table. His head slumped and his jaw seemed unhinged. Son called paramedics and everything checked out ok and hubby said he felt better???? They thought he just had a fainting spell which would have been a first for him. Scary....I'm going to check on him now. I hope everyone had a good day.
    kr3bxumuylws.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Good Omad day. Hubby seems normal and says he's 100% but son and I don't think what happened yesterday was 'nothing'. Gonna try to keep him close to home but he's used to riding his bike 35-50 miles every other day....
    Going to eat at 3 tomorrow for 4th of July and I usually eat at 5.
    Hope everyone has a great 4th and we're all lucky to be able to have a decent sized no guilt feast.
    Dinner today; salmon, bake potato, salad and a delish decaf capuccino for dessert that I made with the Nespresso. Coffee is super good with the Nespresso coffee machine.
    fc8ubb79vbc5.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Hope everyone had a great 4th. We ate outside under the covered porch but boy it really poured for about an hour. Had 1/2 hamburger, nachos, 1/2 chili dog and an Ina Garten chocolate caramel brownie with ice cream. Pretty stufffffffed. Sent all the leftover home with my too skinny daughter and her husband. We also had baked beans and corn on the cob and a fruit tart but I was too full for all of that. Good night all ;0)
    e0yymgkqaceh.jpg
    l2pifavjns9p.jpg

• katjustkat
    Good OMAD....sweet potato, kale salad from costco & whole grain roll, cantaloupe for dessert & finally tried a 'beyond' vegetarian burger for the first time. I think it was pretty good and def wouldn't hesitate on that over a beef burger. Hope everyone had a happy & successful day <3 .
    t5eanxcdthv9.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Good omad day but got really hungry around 2pm. I resisted but had a cup of decaf with cream in it. That got me to dinner time. Made chicken pot pies & salad and had some mango for dessert. Pretty stuffed. Hope everyone had a good day :0)
    tu9idmxypmpv.jpg
  • mistymeadows2005
    Welp, just like you I f-ed around and checked out all this food in the middle of an extended fast, and that was a POOR LIFE DECISION :D

Looks SOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD, all around!!!

So scary with Hubs!!! I recently had some fainting spells too - unseen stressors were my trigger, so maybe he's stressed? Glad he's feeling better - I'd keep an eye on blood sugar and blood pressure if I were you (you can get both monitor/meter things for relatively inexpensive at your local drug store or big mart) :)

• Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    How's your husband now? That would have scared me to death. I get really scared and paranoid when my husband doesn't feel well.

Your food pics look amazing...which probably means I should avoid this thread. :D
  • katjustkat
    Hey guys :)
    Steph, yeah checked his blood pressure and it was normal ( like 5 days later :/ ) and haven't checked his blood sugar. He's 6'2 and 170 pounds and doesn't indulge. He agreed to go see a doc. Unfortunately his doc of 25 yrs retired in November. My doc, who owned the practice, did the same thing so...just when we needed them they went POOF. Hubby has been doing a lot lately. He just finished painting the dining room and living room ( Benjamin Moore vanilla ice cream) for me and putting molding around the windows to dress them up. Plus he's been going like a machine with a lot of other stuff. But....def wasn't normal what happened to him. I'm glad my son saw it too so that I don't think I'm crazzzzy. I want to get an oximeter, new thermometer & new blood pressure cuff. We get a second wave and we won't be able to find any of that again.
    Def can't look at food pics when we're fasting! Man, that puts a chink in my brain like boom!

Hi mccord :) Hubby seems back to normal! Seems a lil more quiet than his usual quiet self. Def gotta get some tests. You don't realize how much you worry till something like that happens so fast. Thank you for asking :)
    Omad went well today because I got busy in the afternoon. Had salmon, green beans, brown rice and quinoa, cold red cabbage salad and left over sweet potato. Then....for dessert 1/2 apple and peanut butter that tasted way tooooo good.
    Hope everyone had a great omad day. I remind myself that it sure is nice to only have to think about food once a day. <3
    htmi3v77j2pm.jpg
  • mistymeadows2005
    OMGGGGGGGG wild rice :love: