NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,788 Member
    @RetiredAndLovingIt Yeah, but the only thing about them starting later is that it prolongs the process, so it's not really a win in the end. :/ Ugh. Your husband's experience confirms why I don't go to Costco right now! lol Have a great day.

@theslightedgeforever I think they are. I need simple and doable. I need something simple in my life right now! lol Thanks re: the bathroom.

COMMITTED.
    July goal: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @trooworld What good choices did you make today? Mine was not eating in the PB/Nutella on a sandwich thin just because I had the carbs left.

Green Day- Stayed OP 187/238 g Intentional Movement: Rest day

July goals: Green Dot day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water :( Burn 165 cals via movement ** Preplan food o:)
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Hi all I'm back at we again lol heavier than ever I've been following blue plan for 2weeks lost 5lbs happy with that kate xx
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @RetiredAndLovingIt, I sure wish we had a Costco in our town! There has been talk about it for years but so far nothing. We have a Sams Club right down the street from me, and they have been out of paper products since COVID began. Last week I ordered toilet paper and paper towels from Amazon. I got their brand and am happy with it.

@cbabie, oh that salad sounds very tasty! I love purging things in my house. I think it’s because I have moved so much in my life and have had to often pair my life down to just the basics many times. So, I’m good at letting go and I’m especially good at buying new things! :D

Good morning! So, yesterday was more of an eating day than I’ve had all week. The staff wanted lunch, so we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant where I ate wayyy too many chips. Then mom wanted Subway for dinner, so we did that. Today, I will fast until dinner. My weight stayed the same this week, which is a little annoying but not surprising. I’m doing a weekly average now instead of just taking Thursday’s weight. OK, off to workout and then figure out what to do with the rest of my day. :)

• trooworld
    Hello everyone! They gave us new yesterday that they will be able to leave the toilet in until the flooring goes in and possibly throughout the whole process, so we were able to stay in our condo which we were very happy about. This week has been very rough emotionally and I just hope that it doesn't show on the scale tomorrow.

@theslightedgeforever What good choices? I ate a healthy breakfast and lunch, I didn't snack, and I tracked my meals. Dinner was semi-healthy. I did not drink enough water because I was trying to stay out of the way of the workers (trying not to have to use the bathroom).

@dankas001 Hi Kate! Welcome back to WW! That's great that you've lost 5 lbs in the first 2 weeks, congrats! I'm on the green plan myself. But I know a lot of people follow the blue plan and love it.

@TeresaW1020 Mexican food sounds good, I haven't had that for a while. I hope you have a good day!

COMMITTED.
    July goal: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, I haven't done so well this week. Been having headaches and no sleep, (baby is not sleeping well) poor choices and well I could go on, but why. you get the point. I have had a lot of anxiety this week and trying to get rid of that. I swear anxiety is straight from the pit of hell. I had to go out yesterday and our numbers for the virus are up so much, and it seems to me they don't really care. People can make me crazy..so I am staying away.. LOL

@trooworld So glad you get to stay in your Condo, what a blessing.

@TeresaW1020 Well one day of eating a little over, doesn't mean you did the rest of the week for nothing. It means you did the very best you could on any of those days. Besides, it had been awhile without your friends. LOL
    You know for some reason, I don't really care for Subway...I am the only one in my family that feels that way. I think because I don't really care for the bread. Weird considering I LOVE bread. LOL

@theslightedgeforever I am not sure I would have not had the PB/Nutella if I had room LOL.

I have to tell you guys this, so you can laugh. My 23 month old loves PEAS - cold or straight from the can. She was eating some in a bowl last night on the couch while working on a shape puzzle and I looked over to check on her and she had the bowl tipped up trying to get the last drops of peas/juice out of the bowl. I laughed so hard.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Hello everyone! Happy 4th of July. I weighed in and lost a little bit: -0.6 lbs, which is certainly better than gaining, I'll take it! What is everyone up to today? We are having an indulgent breakfast: Filet Mignon Eggs Benedict. Nothing planned for the day, but tonight, I am making sort of BBQ food but it's vegetarian food (BBQ-style seitan + baked beans + potato salad). I'm looking forward to it. Stay safe, everyone!

@cbabie I'm sorry about the headaches and no sleep and baby not sleeping well. I suffer from anxiety, too and it is from the pit of hell! Stay safe, my friend. LOL to the peas!!!!

COMMITTED.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @dankas001 Welcome back! Good for you for losing 5 lbs. Now onto another good week.

@teresaw1020 I have the opposite reaction to moving so much I want to keep everything. Keep tweaking your program til you find what works. Weekly average might be the thing for you.

@trooworld Give yourself credit for what you have done right. Keep working on the other things. I'm on the red yellow green plan myself. :D Great news you could stay in your house, but maid service sounded good. Hooray on your weight loss. I didn't do anything really today. Just stayed at home like I have been forever. My dd and I played cards on zoom. Although I was wishing I was at a BBQ somewhere.

@cbabie The bread is the best thing about Subway. Although I get salads at subway. My favorite is Chicken Teriyaki. So how will you treat your anxiety this week? Baby might be sensing your anxiety which causes her anxiety and she's not sleeping and it's a big circle. Feed her peas and catch yourself a nap. :) You can only control what is around you and in your house. No need worrying about the past or future but what is right in front of you at the moment. That's what mindfulness is all about. Ask yourself what can I do in this moment to keep going forward? Even if it's just a half-step.

Green Day Stayed OP 171/238 Intentional Movement: nada

July goal Green Dot Day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water :( Burn 165 cals via movement :( Preplan food :(
  • TeresaW1020
    @cbabie, I agree with you that anxiety is straight from hell and it’s so hard on our emotions and our bodies. Yeah, our numbers are up here in Georgia too and on Tuesday my town will be voting to see if they can make mask wearing mandatory. I don’t think it should be mandatory, but I do wish people would be more aware when they can’t social distance. :#

@trooworld, yayyy for your weight loss! Did you make the Filet Mignon Eggs Benedict? That must have been incredible!! :)

@theslightedgeforever, I think I’m the queen of the tweak. :D I do like doing the weekly average for my weight. I think it allows me more freedom for things like Mexican the day before weighing in but also gives me a more accurate overall number. Of course, the whole goal is to trend downward, right? :grin:

Good morning! Well, yesterday was another day of eating and drinking. I didn’t do terrible, but I did have a big bowl of ice cream and almost a bottle of wine. Our next-door neighbor set off a ton of fireworks and my poor Maggie Mae was a hot mess even with Benadryl in her little body it was past midnight before she finally settled down and went to sleep. I have church this morning and not else planned for the rest of the day. I think I will work my new puzzle, listen to fasting podcast, and not eat until dinner. I’m making a cold chicken curry salad and onion rings so that is something to look forward to. :)
  • trooworld
    Good morning everyone! I hope you had a good 4th of July. It was so hot here yesterday and it is supposed to be even hotter today. We can't run the portable a/c because of the drying equipment, the combination will blow a fuse. :( My poor little dog yesterday was frightened from the fireworks. Not as bad as years' passed, as we turned up the sound of the TV and I think his hearing is going. I also held my hands over his ears to muffle the sound.

@theslightedgeforever You are right (as usual!). I should. Yeah it's nice to stay in our house but it would be nice to be able to shower.:( I can't believe the people that are going to BBQs. But I guess everyone has their level of comfort. I'm glad you stayed home.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! Yes, we made the benedict and yes it was incredible! I will attach a picture for you to drool. ;) I feel for you with poor little Maggie Mae. Our dog was upset, too. Your Sunday sounds nice and relaxing, I hope you enjoy!

COMMITTED.

jz6iv7selhg2.jpg
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I am glad you all had a safe 4th of July. It was crazy here noise wise. Fireworks, I could have SHOT my neighbors. I have 3 dogs and I hate furry things, but they are here and I would never harm them. But I am very afraid of them. Well they went crazy with prancing, panting, shaking...it was awful. I put oils on them and diffused my peace&calm with lavender too. They finally calmed down and dozed in their beds at my feet. I went 73 calories over yesterday, but all in all was okay with it. Today is Sunday and my church won't be open now for another 2 weeks. So I will listen to online church.

@trooworld That meal looks really good. It's going to be hot here too..I hope you stay cool though. yea on the loss and I laughed when you wrote you muffled the sound...I am saying I just wanted to shoot my neighbors. See our thought process. LOL

@TeresaW1020 I hope you enjoy church today..we are supposed to be mandatory, However we have lots that say no. it's just another division issue. I say I will wear it for the safety of others, but I don't like wearing it. It's another thing I have to wash LOL. Enjoy your podcast and puzzle. Sounds like a great Sunday to me.

@theslightedgeforever Yes I am sure she senses some of my fears. I am working hard at being relaxed. She is getting so big and into more things. LOL. Thank you for your advise about only taking care of the now.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 Just keep tweaking til you win, I say. Yes, the whole idea is for our trends to go down. I'm finally back in the green again after 4-5 months of my trendline being in the red. It was so good just to see green.

@trooworld How was your water intake? My dh would not agree with you saying I'm right as usual. lol I want to frame this and blow it up and hang it over his side of the bed so every night he would have to look at it. Although I had to go back up and read again what I was right about. lol Your food looked good enough to eat. Although I would have scraped off the sauce. :D

@cbabie It sounds like you are doing much better with your food intake. Keep practicing on it. You have demon dogs though. :#:D Taking care of now: It's a lesson I'm trying to learn and work on myself. Otherwise I could work myself up into a frenzy and go raid the refrigerator. I don't want to do that.

Red Day- Stayed OP 91/100 Intentional movement: Rest Day

July goals: Green dot day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water :( Burn 165 cals via movement **** Preplan day :(

• trooworld
    @cbabie People do not think of others, people with PTSD, people that have migraines, people that don't like fireworks, people that are sleeping because they work weird hours or are sick, or our dear pets that are petrified of fireworks. I hate that! That meal was sooooo good! :) I tried to stay cool...I wore minimal clothing, sat in front of the fan, and then eventually went out on the walkway with my chair, beverage, and Kindle and read in the cooler air. I don't blame you for wanting to shoot your neighbors lol. Here, someone actually DID attempt to shoot their neighbors because of the fireworks. Of course, they got arrested. lol

@theslightedgeforever It's better although not where it should be. Your DH is wrong! lol hahaha you should print it out and do that. You are pretty much right about everything. Except for the sauce. You are wrong about scraping off that sauce. ;)

COMMITTED.
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld, good grief woman! That pic of yours is NOT something I should be drooling over when I’ve been fasting for over 18 hours. I think I just felt my insulin jump! :grin: Ohhh that is awful that you can’t run your air while it’s so hot. Maybe you would have been better off at a hotel. Sit in front of a fan and mist yourself with water. I did that once and it really helped. ;)

@cbabie, ohhhh dear that sounds terrible that you had to deal with the dogs during the fireworks. I’m glad that you found something to calm them down. We gave Maggie Mae a half a tablet of Benadryl and it helped her so much but she was still a hot mess. :#

@theslightedgeforever, congrats on being back in the green!! B)

Hello ladies! It’s super gloomy here and we are supposed to be getting a storm soon. That’s OK because I’m home for the day. I made my grocery list for tomorrow, cleaned the kitchen, and made a pasta salad to go with the burgers we are having for dinner. Today, was week three of my hybrid workout calendar so I did triceps/back dumbbells and a Barre cardio. I also read chapter one again of the “Fast, Feast, Repeat” book for the book club I’m in. It really is very interesting how insulin works in the body and how it has to drop low enough to deplete our glycogen stores so that our bodies will tap into our fat stores for energy. Right now, I’ve been fasting for over 18 hours and I feel a little hungry but I’m telling my body to shut up and go eat some fat off my hips. :D Hubby just went and got me a Starbucks black iced coffee so I’m going to go listen to a fasting podcast and work my jigsaw puzzle. :)
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Hey all. I'm going to try to start posting more regular. I think I mentioned I was having a tough time exercising. I finally told my trainer I needed a break. I think feeling like I had to meet with him, was starting to seem like pressure and work.

So I want to try to just start slow on my own and see if I can slowly get my mojo back. I feel like- you know when you're a teenager or a kid, and someone says you should do something because it's good for you? And you're like NO WAY. Arms crossed lol. I've been like that. So I hope taking a break from my trainer might help.

Want to start slow this week. Trying to do 20 mins of movement a day (not counting biking or walking). So 20 minutes of mobility, core, upper or lower body work.

So yesterday I did 20 minutes of mobility. Today 20 mins of upper body. But very light, I'm not into intense workouts right now, just want to get back into the flow of movement again and not be so resistant.

The one thing I have been doing is riding my bike a lot, so that has been some exercise.

Calories- meh. I stopped tracking, and I think I've tracked for like 2 years lol. But I'm going to focus on the movement right now and then see if I can add the tracking back in later.

@TeresaW1020 that is a great idea with the fan and mist. I do think it works. Are you still working on that crazy 40 000 jigsaw puzzle? Disney I think.

@trooworld yes the fireworks can be a pain. I guess once in a while for a holiday is one thing, but I read it has just been happening every night or every weekend in some cities in the US. ...you know I've never had eggs benedict? What is in the sauce?

@theslightedgeforever - glad you saw the green, and start trending right.

@cbabie sorry you're struggling with anxiety- stay safe it seems like things are rough there right now.

Take care all. Will try to come back tomorrow.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld So just keep working towards your goal. I've been in a mini-funk due to my period. I'm just so tired this week. Don't want to do anything but sit in the AC and read. But I have bookclub this Thursday so I'm giving myself permission to do that. Yeah, I feel sorry for people with PTSD at this time of year.

@teresaw1020 Your workouts sound like they are good. Keep working on the fasting and watch that trendline go down.

@its_cleo I'm 56 and I can still do that arms crossed NO WAY thing. :D Sometimes being a "newbie" can give you a bit of motivation that wasn't there before. Whatever gets you to your goal is what I say. Keep enjoying your bike.

Yellow Day- Stayed OP 160/164 Intentional Movement: Nada

July goal- Green Dot day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water :( Burn 165 cals via movement :( Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Hahaha! Sorry! ;) It waaaaaas delicious! Well, the good news is that they took the dryers away yesterday morning and so we can put the a/c on now if we want. We didn't end up putting the a/c on yesterday, we tolerated the heat with the fans. It was "ok". Oh that's a good idea to mist with water. If it happens again, I'll do that. Does your book club focus on fasting books? I hope the iced coffee helped!

@its_cleo 20 mins of movement sound like a good target. I'm glad you've been able to ride your bike a lot, you must be enjoying it. Eggs benedict is really good. If I describe the sauce, it might not sound so appealing lol, but I will try to: the sauce is a hollandaise sauce. Have you ever had that? It has egg yolks, lemon juice, lots of butter, and salt and pepper. It is much better than it sounds, I promise! Good to "see" you.

@theslightedgeforever All I can do is try. I'm tired too, but only because of the heat. What book are you reading for book club?

COMMITTED.
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I haven't been sleeping, walking, nothing. My little one is not sleeping. I finally went out on the couch around 2 am to get some sleep. So trying to figure out what is going on there.

@TeresaW1020 I think I would have like to have given the dogs a whole Benadryl. LOL

@theslightedgeforever Well I was doing okay. back at it again today..YES I can see your arms crossed now

@its_cleo Sounds to me like your burnt out..it's good you are listening to your body.

@trooworld So glad you got the dryers gone...You are one strong woman.

Cbabie
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @theslightedgeforever it's a good week to sit in AC. It is 34 C in Toronto this week- that is around 91f. I've been going out in the morning. I did go out this aft and it was pretty hot!

@trooworld I think I've had Hollandaise...I like cream based sauces. For some reason I have a hard time with the appearance with the eggs....but maybe I'll try it sometime.

@cbabie you may be right it's a little bit of burnout. I hope you can get some sleep! And the little one too.

Well today I met my goal again 20 mins of core, not much but more than I've done in a while. Very simple, front and side plank. Superman, and one leg bridge. I also went for a bike ride after work. It was nice on the trails, bc there wasn't very many people due to the heat.

Tomorrow I will try 20 mins of lower body, not sure what yet.

I'm working but it is a light workload. Struggling with a lot of anxiety so my eating habits are off bc I'm nauseous most of the time. So I'm eating but just odd things at odd times and not always healthy- yesterday I ordered a pizza for dinner and had leftovers today. But I'm also going to try to make a cucumber/tomato salad shortly.

It's funny I was so on top of all the fitness stuff for so long. I guess one thing I've learned, is like it ebbs and flows in your life, and I'm just going through a different period, and sooner or later will swing back again. I think the emotional challenges I've had are related to my low motivation with exercise. But I'm working it through. Just trying to give it all time.

Take care all.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld As Yoda says, Do or do not. There is not try. Even a half-do is a do. The hollandaise sauce. That's why I said I'd scrape it off. lol I think it would be good without the lemon. I'm not a lemon lover. They have water squirt bottles with fans. They work really well to mist.

@cbabie So since you aren't moving, how is the eating? Sometimes at times like these maintaining is the best til you can move past this little speed bump. Is little one sleeping too much in the daytime? As they age they just don't need as much sleep as they did before. Is she over stimulated before bedtime or when she wakes up in the middle of the night. She might just think she's had a nap and it's play time. It's like my mil, she is this way. She'll want to eat in the middle of the night but sorry, breakfast is in the morning. She has lost all concept of time.

@its_cleo Great job on meeting your core goal. I think we are all in uncharted territory now. I think life has always ebbed and flowed like the tides but there are more higher and lowers, I'm finding.........I like cream based sauces but not hollandaise. You just gave me an idea though on how to tweak the Eggs Benedict.

Green Day- stayed OP 193/238 Intentional Movement-33 min walk

July goals: Green Dot day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water :( Burn 165 cals via movement o:) Preplan food o:)