TRIMSTONES Team Chat - July 2020

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    edited July 2020
    kmfeig87 wrote: »
    Trying again with the quarantine hair. I started out bald....so I'm good with just growing it out for now!

:D

@kmfeig87 I would show you my "quarantine hair" but I don't want to scar you for life...it's horribly grown out and the ends are split, which looks lovely with Virginia's humidity...I'm a big puff ball. LOL Yours looks very nice!
    Jessica
  • UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 223 Member
    UCGRocks wrote: »
    Hi does anyone else use Fitbit charge2 and use it to while spinning? I can’t seem to figure out the best way to use it. Strap on ankle or just keep it on wrist and manual enter distance? Thanks

@UCGRocks Wish I had access to a stationary recumbent bike...a little jealous! I'd strap on the ankle if I were you...for accuracy. WTG though on spinning...you go girl!
    Jessica

Well what I didn’t say is I had access to one in my building gym for almost 2 years now and I’ve only got 3 rides in so far 😥
    But hoping to change that to get my weight loss back in the green. 🤞

• ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    Eating wise, this is a day I'm putting behind me.

Steps: 7,200

• Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    7/7 steps - 12,788

So I've been doing intermittent fasting for over a week now. I fast for at least 16 hours a day. I've had some significant losses this week so I'm expecting a good weigh in Sunday. The biggest change I see is on the measurements. I didn't lose much last week, but noticed nearly a 1% drop in body fat which is my focus right now. My goal is to reach under 30% body fat by my birthday at the end of the month. That would place my BMI and body fat % under the obese mark.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Steps
    7/7 9,457
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,782 Member
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    PREV weight-147
    Current weight -147.8

I started working out again? and i am so sore, and my muscles are swollen so it should go down soon
  • H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    H2596

7/7. 5,387 Steps
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Arc130
    Steps
    Tuesday 7/7- 8198
  • angmarie28
    7/6-8,980
    7/7-9,077
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    ShredWeek1 wrote: »

@ShredWeek1 All of your reported stats are ending in 00. Please do not round your stats. Report the actuals from your Fitbit or whatever tracker you use. Just checking...want me to make sure we're not messing up your stats.
    Jessica
  • ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    ShredWeek1 wrote: »

@ShredWeek1 All of your reported stats are ending in 00. Please do not round your stats. Report the actuals from your Fitbit or whatever tracker you use. Just checking...want me to make sure we're not messing up your stats.
    Jessica

Got it. Today is 8425

Our dog and I were only at 6:30 a.m. today when it was merely 73 degree, by the time we got back home it was up to 83....so while my steps aren't impressive, figuring out how to get them in, is a NSV.

Thanks for keeping me on track, Jessica!

• angmarie28
    So how os everyone dealing with workouts and the summer heat? Do you go to a gym? Do you workout early mornings or late nights?

I do early or late depending on my work schedule. Today im passing on the workout because I am so sore, and tomorrow will probably not happen because I have a 14 hour shift. But Friday i will work out in the late evening, then the next 3 days off so ill try for mornings.
  • wilsonkellies
    wilsonkellies Posts: 117 Member
    Wilsonkellies
    Week 2
    Wednesday
  • aliciawb130
    aliciawb130 Posts: 41 Member
    Aliciawb130
    Wednesday weigh in
    PREV weight-167.0
    Current weight -165.8
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Kmfeig87
    Week 2
    Wed WI
    PW 138
    CW 140.5

Darn. Wrong direction. I wish I could say it was from DOMS and water retention, but I think it might be sourdough and bread retention.

@angmarie28 It's hot here too. I've been walking, but really dragging this week. I'm trying to get out a bit earlier (8:00 instead of 9:30) but I think the air quality is bad too! Our gyms are open, but I'm not willing to go that route with COVID cases spiking in our city/county/state!
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Steps

7/6 13,840
    7/7 16,022
    7/8 15,510
  • H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    H2596

8/7 8,187 steps

It’s definitely not hot here in the U.K. today! Raining a lot and I’ve even popped a hot water bottle behind my back. I don’t know how people bear it so hot in the morning and know it’s only going to get hotter. 😱
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Simbersea
    PW: 154.8
    CW: 154.8

No change this week😢. The inactivity because of my foot sucks.

But I saw a sports medicine doc yesterday and he did some deep tissue massage in my heel. Feels much better. Best news was that he says I can do my normal activities while I’m doing my therapy. So i got home and went golfing. And now it’s 5:30am here and I’m headed out to teach a Spin class. Yeah!!

You really do forget what a gift it is to be able to move, until you can’t. So happy to be back 😄😄😄
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    7/8 steps - 14,426

I have moved my walk times to the morning and late evening. It helps a little but I cannot wait until Fall is back. I've also started doing more indoor exercises. I think I've overdone it some. My back has been hurting and I've had a bit of numbness. I think I'll breakdown and have a rest day.
This discussion has been closed.