NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    Hello all. Yesterday was NOT a good day. I was like Miss Pac Man. I was just eating and eating and eating. I could not stop. I tried starting with watermelon but that wouldn't quell the hunger. I moved on to a single-serving size bag of chips and that didn't do it. It just went downhill from there. I think it was because I had zero ZERO water. I didn't realize it until my husband asked me how much water I had drunk last night. :(

@cbabie That stinks that she's not sleeping. Is it the heat? Do you have a/c? Have you tried any of your oils? I'm glad the dryers are gone, too!

@its_cleo I'm funny with eggs, too. I can't eat them most of the time but in some things, I can. Congrats on meeting your goal! One thing I've learned is that motivation/commitment does come and go...it's like a rollercoaster so hang on. Like you said, just give it time.

@theslightedgeforever lol! I did really well on Monday with water. Yesterday? Nada. I don't know what happened. The lemon...it's boring without it! lol I'll have to look out for those squirt bottle fans, although I don't know if I would like those because unless they are a gentle mist, I wouldn't like a jarring squirt in my face. :D

COMMITTED.
    July goal: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @its_cleo, hey girl!! Good to see you posting and that you are doing OK. Sometimes you do have to just stop what you have been doing for so long and go in a new direction. I am working hard on learning to listen to my body and not let the tracking tell me how much to eat. Maybe that is what you are doing too. ;) No, I didn’t buy the 40,000 Disney puzzle. It’s over $400 and DH won’t let me have it. :D I finished the 5000 piece one that he gave me. Lately, I’ve been doing 1000 piece and keeping an eye on Marketplace for some good deals on used puzzles.

@theslightedgeforever, I thought you were younger than me since you haven’t gone through menopause yet, which I did when I was 51. I’m 54 and VERY good at crossing my arms and saying NO WAY!! :D

@trooworld, the book club I’m doing is in a fasting group on FB. We are reading and discussing the new Gin Stephen’s book, “Fast, Feast, Repeat.” The first two chapters where she talks about all the health benefits of IF are incredible. I see all the health issues that my 77-year-old mother has and want to do whatever I can to avoid that happening to me. It’s bad enough that I have to drive her to all these doctor appointments and pick up all her pills every month. :/

@cbabie, what is up with that baby not sleeping? I have a girlfriend who has two little boys who were terrible sleepers, so she started giving them a melatonin gummy made for kids. Is that something you would consider trying? You both need your sleep! <3

Good morning! Yesterday I only fasted for a little over 19 hours. I was having a terrible headache and decided to listen to my body and eat. I will see what I can do today. I’m thinking about switching things up and eating dinner earlier. Right now we eat around 5:30 pm and if we eat around 3 pm, I think that could help me and I know it would make my mom happier. Hubby can have an evening snack if he gets hungry. Worth a try! :)
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 That's great that you have a book club that shares your interest. You are wise to take what you can out of that book to avoid the health issues your Mom has. I'm sorry you have a headache, I hope it goes away quickly. I hope your switch helps out.

COMMITTED.
    July goal: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Hi folk week 3 woo hoo got my.first 7lbs loss sticker soo happy focusing more on fruit n introducing more veggies have great week xx
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @Teresa1020 $400 is crazy for a puzzle. I couldn't remember the amount. 5000 is still a lot. I did join some swap groups on Facebook. One is a Canada-Us swap group.

I had to take my laptop in for repairs so I am on my phone.

I didn't want to exercise today but I did my 20 mins legs- lower body squat and lunge.

Hope to get my comp back Fri.

@trooworld I.love that mis pacman. I am exactly like that right now! When I get like that I go for red meat- burgers, lasagna, steak. I am all about red meat lol.

Sorry didnt xomment to all- hope to have comp back Fri
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @trooworld Ms. Pac Man :D That's good your hubby is helping you stay accountable. So today was a speedbump back to business. Which character will you be tomorrow? I think because motivation/commitment comes and goes we need to rely on our habits. Be on autopilot.

@teresaw1020 Just keep tweaking that program. Nope, I'm still riding the GrannyFlo train. Although they have reduced the amount of train stations but the ride is longer. :D My mil lives with me and I know what you mean about the drs visits and the meds. Although covid has been a good reason to postpone non-emergency visits. Mine has dementia and sometimes can't figure out how to get in and out of a car which is another whole source of stress. We have to do better for our bodies. Melatonin gummies. Interesting. I was more the Dimetapp mother. lol

@dankas001 Woohoo. We're celebrating right along with you. You can do it. Shoot for that 10 lb one.

@its_cleo Good for you for exercising even if you didn't feel like it. That was me today. But I walked.

Yellow Day-Went over 169/164 Intentional Movement: 37 min walking

July goals: Green dot day :( Drink 5 glasses of water :( Burn 165 cals via movement o:) Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    @dankas001 Congratulations, that's fabulous!!! Or should I say, fabuless!!! lol! Have a great week, too! :)

@its_cleo Thankfully I was better yesterday! lol I hope you get your laptop back soon.

@theslightedgeforever Yes, he's good for that, whether I like it or not lol. Yesterday, I was back to business, and I did a lot of cleaning and I put up a tapestry in the bedroom that took entirely too long (I was waiting on my husband to do it, but if I continued to wait on him, we'd be retired before it got done lol). So, with all that in mind, I think the character that I'd be is Carpenter Smurf or one of the dwarves in Snow White, possibly Grumpy as I am usually grumpy when I have to build/do things like that. I agree about relying on our habits.

COMMITTED.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld So glad you were back on track. We can do this. I have loads of things on my list that hubby needs to do. I do have a son but he seems to have modeled after his father. I like the idea of Carpenter Smurf.

Green Day- 226/238 Intentional Movement Rest Day

July goals: Green dot day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water :( Burn 165 cal via movement ***** Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Yes, we can! My husband is lousy at doing household things...he hates building things or hanging things or drilling/hanging...he's not good at any of that stuff. I'm much better at all of it. We just got some wire baskets to hang on the wall for our fruits/veggies and I can't hang them by myself because they are above my eye level/too heavy to hold with one hand. We'll see if they get done on my timeline (meaning this weekend). If they don't, I will take things into my own hands and try it myself anyway.

COMMITTED.
  • TeresaW1020
    @its_cleo, I might look into puzzle swaps in my area too. I have been looking at FB Marketplace every day in the hopes of finding a good deal in my area. Do you have any weekend plans? :)

@theslightedgeforever, I will definitely keep tweaking. Doing it again this week. 😉 My mom is in very good health mentally and I’m really hoping that once she has her eye surgery, she will be able to drive one of our cars and take herself to the doctors. But I’m not sure if she can do it physically much longer. She gets zero activity, other than coming out of her room to eat the dinner I make her. I really worry about her complete lack of movement. Since COVID she doesn’t even come shopping with me and just sits in her recliner all day long and will not take walks. Does your MIL get much movement in her day?

@trooworld, is there a Carpenter Smurf? If you are Grumpy what dwarf is your DH? :D Maybe your DH needs a good bribe. ;)

Good morning! Well, my weigh-in day has me up 1.2 lbs. Not super surprising since I overdid it on the 4th and the 5th. I also increased my weight workouts twice this week and my muscles are still crying. AND…I know that I am still eating too much once I open my window. So yesterday afternoon, I decided to tweak it up yet again. I have switched my dinner time to between 3 and 4 pm, which will allow me to fast longer the next day. I’m aiming for 20 to 22 hours and will open my window with a cup of coffee and a Quest bar. I like those and they are filling but not too filling. Then I will make dinner and close my window for the rest of the evening. I might still have a glass of wine or two on occasion, but I’m laying off of that for at least a couple of weeks. So, we will see what that does for me. Wish me luck! :p
  • its_cleo
    @TeresaW1020 that's too bad about your mother not getting any movement. I would worry about it affecting mood. Maybe she is still adjusting to the move. And then the pandemic hit on top of it. That is a lot of change all at once.

My weekend- tomorrow maybe a bike ride. Sunday having breakfast with my uncle- first time in months! I'm looking forward to it.

@trooworld some things like that- putting up the baskets- it helps to have two eyes for sure. I live alone so I've put up some crooked pictures I think lol. I think you mentioned you like horror movies? Or did I imagine that? I just watched The Wolf Man from 1941 with Lon Chaney. It was the second werewolf movie ever made. Bela Lugosi had a small part. It was ok, interesting.

@theslightedgeforever I like your new method of keeping track with the smily faces and halos.

Well yesterday and today I didn't do much activity. Today was my mobility day and I did maybe half of it. So tomorrow I'm trying to increase my time to 30 mins, and I'll do part mobility, and part upper body. This is just at home, my gym is closed still. Also as I said, will do another long bike ride tomorrow morning. On the weekends they've been closing one of the very busy streets here to cars and it's for bikes only. I went last weekend and it was pretty fun riding along a road that normally would be wall to wall traffic.

Brunch with my uncle as I said, Sunday.

Other than that puttering around. I got my computer back. This laptop has been a pain. I just spent a fortune to have a new internal disk drive installed, so I better get three more years out of it lol. I hate the fact that they build technology to fail in like 3 yrs.

Take care all.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld How was your water intake today? I got mine in. I need to learn how to drill. Mine is going to retire next year but I'm sure he'll still find some reason he's just too busy. My fantasy is some nice fix it man that comes and does all my stuff. One phone call away.

@teresaw1020 You will figure out a good way of eating that fits your lifestyle. You are describing my mil movement. If I didn't force her to walk the perimeter of our house three times a day, she wouldn't. But it's keeping her mobile. She has to use a walker. Otherwise she goes from her room to the chair in the living room and back to her room. I also make her do chair exercises three times a day. I sound like a tormenter, but it takes 5 minutes to do those. Just weightless bicep curls, windmills, straightening the legs at the knees. The PT gave me these exercises for her to do at home. She said just to keep the blood circulating and all. Before the only time she left the house was to go to the doc but she hasn't been out in 4 months. Almost me neither. lol I just ride in the car. The good news is that she is almost off of insulin. When she came to live with me 5 years ago she was taking 56 units per day and now she is at 20.

@its_cleo That's really neat about them closing the road to cars so bikes can go down it. People in other countries seem to walk or bike alot more than we do. You sound so much more upbeat. Enjoy your brunch. I hear you on the laptop. I'm holding together mine with a small file clip. I bought one that can be a laptop or folds into a tablet. Well one of the hinges suddenly broke and it was causing the screen to buckle a bit. Dh had the idea to just hold it together with a clip. It works. Now if I can keep my Fitbit working a bit longer. I just had to replace my phone.

Yellow Day- Stayed OP 164/164 Intentional Movement 47 min walk

July goals: Green dot day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water o:) Burn 165 cals via movement o:) Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    Hello everyone! I didn't have the best eating week (I got into some snacks), but the increased liquids made a difference: I lost 2.2 lbs. I'm down -21.4 lbs from my highest weight! :D Today, I'm going to take a real shower at my sister-in-law's house. It will feel so good! It's been a while. :( We are having really good hot dogs tonight for dinner I got from a butcher shop, I'm looking forward to that. Have a good Saturday!

@TeresaW1020 There was one in the comic books but not in the cartoon. My husband would be...either Grumpy or Bashful. He's very quiet! You may be right about a bribe ;) . I wish you luck in your new eating window, you can do it!

@its_cleo It does help to have another set of eyes. I put up that tapestry and it's crooked lol. But oh well! I do like horror movies! I've never seen the Wolf Man. I do like watching some of the really old ones sometimes but haven't seen that one. I hate that technology is built to fail, too. It used to be built to last.

@theslightedgeforever Water intake was good, better! That's great that you got yours in. It makes a big difference. Drilling...when I went to drill into the wall for the tapestry since it was above my height, I didn't have the "torque" that I needed and it puttered off the screw and skidded on the wall. :( It's not hard to use the drill, but it is a little difficult if it is above your height. That would be nice to just push a button on your phone and the fix-it guy shows up!

COMMITTED.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Morning all, I am sorry that I have been MIA.. This week was horrible in the area of depression. It hit me hard on Sunday or Monday, can't remember. I haven't been that low in forever. I am way better and I can tell you I didn't eat the best or exercise or anything...but I did get a good walk in today. Trying AGAIN to get it together. I am 12 lbs over what I want to be. So have to start dwindling that down.

@trooworld Yea for the loss, you are so in your groove again. Everything is above my height...LOL

@theslightedgeforever that's great about your MIL..too bad you couldn't have done that for Dad..LOL

@TeresaW1020 You will get this, it's all about finding what works for you. The fact that you try every day says so much for you!!! Thank you that you care enough about yourself to keep tweaking your plans. I swear if I didn't hae a little one at home, my DH wouldn't do anything but sit at his computer, tv or outside smoking..LOL

@its_cleo Yea I am with you on the technology. I am one of those people who still has a couch I have had for over 10 years..so you know how I hate to buy things twice.

Cbabie

• theslightedgeforever
    edited July 2020
    @trooworld Woohoo on your weight loss. You are working your plan despite all the stress in your life. Thanks for the tip about the drill skidding across the wall.

@cbabie Dad: Well, you are back here now which is a good thing. Baby step. So what will be your next baby step? Success comes from the teeny choices as well as the big ones. Then I would have had to live with him for 5 years. lol There are advantages to having Alzheimers. Much more agreeable for the most part. I was just thinking about your dh. Maybe this was how he envisioned his golden years after working so much when he was younger. Yes, I know it's not healthy I have the exact version of him living in my house. Although mine has rediscovered his gym lately. It just took a while to get started.

Green Day Stayed OP 234/238 Intentional Movement: Nada

July goals: Green Dot day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water :( Burn 165 cals via movement :( Preplan food. o:)
  • TeresaW1020
    @its_cleo, I hope you enjoy your time with your uncle. :) That is great that your city has given the bike riders a place to ride by closing the street. Were there many people our riding? Glad you got your laptop back but I hear you about technology not lasting very long. DH just had to take his computer in for a repair and it’s only a couple of years old. :/

@theslightedgeforever, I’m glad you are able to get your MIL in to move. My mom is so stubborn and will tell you she is going to do something but then she does exactly what she wants to do. She is wanting to get out and go shopping so we might do that this week. I feel if we go early enough there won’t be a lot of people out and about so she should be safe. :)

@trooworld, girl I am jealous of your awesome weight loss!! Good for you! I am getting frustrated with the scale not moving but figure it’s best to just keep at it and it will happen eventually. Right!? :grin:

@cbabie, so sorry that you have been struggling with depression. I’m glad that you are feeling better. <3

Good morning! Today is a busy day. We have church this morning and of course, everyone is praying that the sound issues we have been having will be fixed. It’s been very frustrating! Sometime this afternoon I’m going to meet a lady who is selling me two really nice puzzles for $10. I’m loving that I discovered Facebook Marketplace! This evening DH and I are going over to some friends for dinner. I am really looking forward to it! :grin: Tomorrow, I am going to attempt my first all day fast. They call it Mealless Monday. Wish me luck!! :)
  • trooworld
    Hello everyone! I tell you, I took a shower and I feel like a new woman! lol I can't wait until they finish renovating our bathroom. To have that luxury again. Ladies, you don't know what you've got until it's gone lol. On another note, it's record-breaking heat in these parts since Friday and lasting through today. I hope it breaks after today, I can't take it!

@cbabie I'm so sorry. I know how that is and it's the worst. Did something in particular cause it? Or did it just spring up? ((( HUGS ))) to you dear friend! Thank you re: the loss. I am back in my groove, yes! lol you are short? Awww...pint sized! ;)

@theslightedgeforever Thanks! Yes, I am trying my best. How's your weekend going?

@TeresaW1020 Girl, you are going to have a great weigh-in next week, watch! You made changes and they are going to work for you. I know it. I believe in YOU! Yes, just be patient. Hang in there, something will work. Would you ever consider trying 3 meals a day again? Switching it up that way? I admire you for even attempting an all-day fast. There is no way I could do that lol. Well, that's not true. When I did my colonoscopy, I did it. But it was not by choice lol. Good luck! Have fun at your friends' house for dinner!

COMMITTED.
  • its_cleo
    @theslightedgeforever Hey you made your water goal! That's huge. Is it any easier in the summer because of the heat? .....good idea with the clip for your laptop. Mine hinges too but so far that's the only part that hasn't broken. ,....the bike thing. It was pretty new. They only did it because when the pandemic hit and everything was shut down- like April and May- people went crazy for bikes, and trying to find space to bike. So it was good the city listened and made some changes.

@trooworld I like barbecue hot dogs, man I miss them. I could go for a hot dog right now lol. Normally my father has a barbecue every year, but not this year I don't think. ....so glad about the shower! When will your bathroom be done?

@cbabie I would totally keep a couch ten years. Except I bought a sofa and loveseat set a couple of years ago and I don't like it lol. So now I'm dying to get rid of it and buy another set. So I'm forcing myself to keep it a while. But my bed is like 15 years old. My mattress. But I bought it brand new and it seems fine. ....I'm sorry you're struggling with depression. I know it's not fun.

@TeresaW1020 good luck with the puzzles. What kind are they? I am like a total puzzle nerd now lol. I have been looking at different brands etc. Just looking! I think I have too much time on my hands lol. I hope you have some luck with the fasting. And good luck with the sound. Issues like that are awful when you're counting on it to work.

Brunch was nice today, it was just nice to get out. It wasn't too hot. It was nice to see my uncle. Normally we would go to some ball games so of course we've been missing that.

So my 30 minutes of movement/exercise- yesterday was a real struggle I maybe did 20 mins?

Today I did better I think, 30 minutes of light core and some mobility stuff. It was really hard to start but once I did I started to feel motivated again- the old feeling of like I want to be strong. Haven't felt that in a while. So it was nice. Tomorrow I will try 30 mins of lower body- squats and stuff. Just bodyweight.

Also I stopped tracking for a week or two, today for the first time I started to feel a little motivated to track again.

I was going to go out for an ice cream this aft but I went for a quick bike ride instead.

So maybe my plan to pull back a bit and take a break is helping.

Take care all.
  • cbabie
    Afternoon all, I didn't get on the treadmill today, unexpected text messages..LOL. Our church isn't open until end of July as we are a hot spot. So they closed down until then. I missed the online service so I have to wait until the replay is available.

@TeresaW1020 I love that you are working all those puzzles. I have a few years before I could do that...I think little fingers my grab a few off the table lol. I hope your Sunday went great! I am sure it's good to have real live services again...soon here.

@trooworld Thank you for your comments. Well I am not real short, my mom was 5'2" if she stretched. I used to be 5"4, but have shrunk. Just everyone except baby and my oldest daughter are taller than me..I have a 6'3 tall grandson, last we checked. I don't really know how tall he is now. I don't know what I would do without a shower. When I had to take a bath when I broke my wrist...I hated it. Can't imagine having my bathroom under construction. Hope they hurry up already..LOL

@theslightedgeforever not sure what my next step is..I need to get this one in place as a routine..these days I can seem to handle one thing at a time. My DH will never exercise. That stopped when the honeymoon was over...LOL But he always had a physical job until he worked at the city...:)

• cbabie
    @its_cleo so glad that it seems that your getting your desire back..yes sometimes we just need to rest and when we come back we are better than before. Glad you got to see your Uncle. I am sure it was much needed. We need that social connection at times.

Cbabie