30lbs to lose... Started AGAIN yesterday (Darn Lockdown Snacking)

Replies

• kel_E
    kel_E Posts: 12 Member
    edited July 2020
    My dog and I went on a 20 minute walk today around the neighborhood, and I have been tracking everything that
    goes into my mouth :o ..I think I might even dust off the stationary bike my husband has and give it a try tonight. I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.

@MommaGemz any word on your bike?
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    MommaGemz wrote: »
    @kel_E Welcome! I seem to experience of losing the same handful of pounds over and over. Then when I hit what I call my "settling point" (where my body likes to settle) - instead of pushing harder I get complacent. I'm hoping with more group support and daily accountability posting I can push through. But honestly, that point is still 15 pounds away so I even have to get there first :o

I feel you. The data on this account goes back to May 2018 and shows a sharp loss, followed by a gradual gain, a sharp loss, followed by a gradual gain, a sh... you get the idea.

I'm probably about a lb away from my settling point, but you know what, knowledge is power. We know the point where we get complacent, and because we know that, we can fight against it. I'm looking forward to bucking the trend and messing up this graph. ;) I am positive you can do it too.
  • kel_E
    @MommaGemz Love the bike! How much water do you drink a day and do you include hot tea in your water consumption? Still trying to figure that out for myself. I feel you on the banana bread..My husband brought home
    Oreo's from the store.
    @thelastnightingale my membership goes back to Dec 2018 with a lot of ups and down :# You can get past that
    settling point.
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    @kel_E Great job getting outside and getting some movement in. Dogs can be great exercise companions! :smiley: I have also found that tracking every little bite is really the only way I can make progress. I just cannot "guesstimate" or use portion control - I think that feature of my brain is broken. But a food scale doesn't lie.

My bike is great! I can't wait to get on it today and get some more cardio in. I am enjoying the bike because it is so low impact. It just feels so much for comfortable to not have to carry my weight around no matter how low impact the exercise is. With the bike I can get a great sweat in, increase that heart rate and breathing, and I don't feel the constant bounce of my body :)
  • MommaGemz
    @thelastnightingale That can be our Group Motto - "Fight the Settling Point!" We all know we have it, we know generally where it is, we just all have to be diligent and extra focused when we approach it. We can do it!
  • MommaGemz
    Day 26

I actually feel like I got some rest last night - Yay!! It's Monday, so it's the start of another home school week with the kids. The scale has not quite recovered from Saturday's indulgence, but I really didn't do that much damage overall. I find myself pretty hungry throughout the day, so I need to really stick to my designated meal times.

My stationary bike ride was challenging and sweaty - perfect! My goal for July is to sweat more, so I'm going to try to be on the bike 4 days a week - Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat. I used the hack of attaching my Fitbit to my ankle for the ride and I still get my steps B)

All-in-all, a great Monday!

Initial Daily Goals:
    Calories ✅
    Bike ✅
    Water ✅

This is one of my daily "standards" - Eggs on Toast breakfast topped with salsa "Texas style." 342 calories of protein goodness :p Having the same breakfast and lunch every day makes daily calories tracking and logging SO much easier!

50071117138_ff6ba6e1ca_n.jpg
  • kel_E
    @mommagemz Your breakfast looks delicious! I am a fan of repeating what works when it comes to weight loss. I
    just need to get back into the swing of it and go grocery shopping.

I hate to sweat so, that is something I need to over come in order to "Fight the settling point."

I truly admire all you moms who are home schooling your kids right now. Our family just finished our last year of
    public school and we have both kids in college. I don't know if I or my children would of survived me home schooling them :s
  • mpluna64
    mpluna64 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi - you are lucky to have a pool. I don't even swim but would love a pool in this heat. Belong to a community pool, but with all the rules (that I don't disagree with), I'm not interested in going. I call it the no fun zone. Worked with trainer today. I'm low energy because of dropping calories. My son made dinner - a delicious soup with homemade dumplings, tofu, bok choy, homemade stock, and tofu. So......how do I even begin to count those calories??? LOL..... oh well.
  • MommaGemz
    @mpluna64 I think you may have been replying to @suegreg2 - I don't personally have a pool. I'm just not a water type of person. Ohhh, that soup sounds SO good! Super nice that your son cooks you delicious meals <3
  • MommaGemz
    @kel_E I hate to sweat as well - I mean really hate it. But in a cool and controlled environment I can tolerate it. I workout in an air-conditioned room and shower right after. The problem with living in a humid environment is that there is always this bit of moisture in the air and on me, and in the summer is just feels like a constant sweat :s But when it comes to losing weight, I know I'll have to sweat at some point to achieve it, so I'll make it a tolerable as possible.

• bdelaney33
    bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
    Day 26

I actually feel like I got some rest last night - Yay!! It's Monday, so it's the start of another home school week with the kids. The scale has not quite recovered from Saturday's indulgence, but I really didn't do that much damage overall. I find myself pretty hungry throughout the day, so I need to really stick to my designated meal times.

My stationary bike ride was challenging and sweaty - perfect! My goal for July is to sweat more, so I'm going to try to be on the bike 4 days a week - Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat. I used the hack of attaching my Fitbit to my ankle for the ride and I still get my steps B)

All-in-all, a great Monday!

Initial Daily Goals:
    Calories ✅
    Bike ✅
    Water ✅

This is one of my daily "standards" - Eggs on Toast breakfast topped with salsa "Texas style." 342 calories of protein goodness :p Having the same breakfast and lunch every day makes daily calories tracking and logging SO much easier!

50071117138_ff6ba6e1ca_n.jpg

That breakfeast looks great. Having the same thing everyday is a great idea; takes all the guess work out of it. What is the lunch?
  • suegreg2
    suegreg2 Posts: 38 Member
    mpluna64 wrote: »
    Hi - you are lucky to have a pool. I don't even swim but would love a pool in this heat. Belong to a community pool, but with all the rules (that I don't disagree with), I'm not interested in going. I call it the no fun zone. Worked with trainer today. I'm low energy because of dropping calories. My son made dinner - a delicious soup with homemade dumplings, tofu, bok choy, homemade stock, and tofu. So......how do I even begin to count those calories??? LOL..... oh well.

That soup your son made sounds delicious! I love a good veggie soup.
    Hubby and I are lucky that the house we bought already has a pool. I'm in it every chance I get, but living in PA, the swim season is short. But, living in PA, we're either swimming, mowing the lawn, or shoveling snow! Year-round exercise!
    Thank you for commenting on your lack of energy. I'm feeling a serious case of exhaustion most days, right before I make dinner. I hadn't realized just how many calories I had been eating before 😳. The reduction is taking a toll until I adjust to it.

@MommaGemz, you might be motivating me to spend more time on my stationary bike! I use it when I'm doing laundry (both are in the basement). But now that it's just the two of us, I do laundry once a week.

• MommaGemz
    Day 27

The scale is still upset with me after I took the "day off" on Saturday. It's really frustrating to feel like one day has ruined an entire week. I think I'll have some grain-free days to give my body a little reset. I decide this AFTER I have toast for breakfast, of course. I changed my usual lunch sandwich into a chicken salad, and I had a bun-less burger for dinner.

I felt like I needed extra water today. Not sure if I'm actually a little dehydrated, or it's just an extra warm day. Ugh - summer in Texas :'( I'm generally low energy today. It could be because I did some actual cardio yesterday, but didn't adjust my calorie intake. I decided to sync MFP with my Fitbit account to get a better idea of how much I burn, and so my food intake is also ported into Fitbit. I'm a data and analytics junkie, so I'm curious. But I certainly did burn more calories than I normally do and I didn't eat any more, so.... tired...

Initial Daily Goals:
    Calories ✅
    Steps ✅
    Water ✅

My "Bunless Burger" dinner tonight. Satisfying but light meal to finish the day. Hiding under that cheese are sauteed mushrooms and some avocado... Mmmmmm......

50087379517_3c18a6b8cd_n.jpg
  • MommaGemz
    Hi @bdelaney33 ! Lunch is usually an open-faced turkey sandwich. So yummy and nice and cool during the summer. I take a picture of mine today for "show-and-tell" :)
  • MommaGemz
    suegreg2 wrote: »
    Thank you for commenting on your lack of energy. I'm feeling a serious case of exhaustion most days, right before I make dinner. I hadn't realized just how many calories I had been eating before 😳. The reduction is taking a toll until I adjust to it.

@MommaGemz, you might be motivating me to spend more time on my stationary bike! I use it when I'm doing laundry (both are in the basement). But now that it's just the two of us, I do laundry once a week.

I am currently discovering that on days that I do more vigorous activity I really do need to eat back some of my exercise calories. The days after I used the bike I was so extremely tired and laid down to nap both days. I'll keep track of this over the next few weeks, but I do need to make sure I don't make my calorie deficit TOO large and end up too tired to move the next day.

I'll tell you, just having something NEW to use to get moving has been really motivating. I may cycle between a few exercise methods to keep it fresh. Today is bike day - Yay!! :D

• bdelaney33
    bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
    Hi @bdelaney33 ! Lunch is usually an open-faced turkey sandwich. So yummy and nice and cool during the summer. I take a picture of mine today for "show-and-tell" :)

lol sounds good. I've been having a lot of turkey sandwich's lately. I didn't realize how few calories there were compared to other meats.
  • kel_E
    @MommaGemz I am having trouble with getting enough water in my day. I work out of the house and don't want to keep running to the bathroom. However, now that I think about it that would be a great way to get my steps in :D

Not feeling the Energy to get my walk in this morning. I already feel the heat rising for the day. Wish me luck!

@mpluna64 That soup that your son made with homemade dumplings does sound good. What a treat! I have never tried tofu. Is it low in calories?

Have a Great Day Everyone!
  • MommaGemz
    bdelaney33 wrote: »
    lol sounds good. I've been having a lot of turkey sandwich's lately. I didn't realize how few calories there were compared to other meats.

And turkey makes such a great low-cal snack too! Now I'm already hungry for lunch, LOL :D

• MommaGemz
    @kel_E I totally understand the water issue! Thank goodness for working from home, because I CAN go pee every ten minutes. I also don't drink any water after dinner-time or else I'd be up all night for bathroom breaks as well. So if evening roles around and I haven't finished my water, then I just count it as a No for the day and move on.

Yesterday my energy was really low as well. I had to force myself to just get up and move. One step at a time. You can do it!