Who's ready?

Options
Hello, I'm Brad. I stepped on the scale today and had to look to see if it was broke. Unfortunately... It was not. I weighed in at 368 lbs. I'm disgusted with myself and feel like I have abused my once athletic body. I played football through college and a short while after. The problem is my eating habits worsened and my workout habits became non existent. I am now a proud father of two boys and want to be a good figure for them. I have cattle sale insurance and fight fire. I want people to depend on me not wonder what they are going to do if I go down. Im looking for people who want to lean into each other for this long but rewarding journey ahead. I would love support and accountability. I will return the same. Let's embrace the suck! I'm ready... Are you? I did this to myself now it's time to get this weight of my shoulders! Looking forward to anyone ready to join me. Thanks in advance! God bless!

Replies

• Theotherwhiteclint
    Theotherwhiteclint Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Life gets in the way dude but cool to hear you are changing gears. Feel free to add me. I'm a Registered Dietitian so I can offer support with nutrition if needed
  • Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi Brad
    You got this! Each day is a fresh start.
    Log all your foods and then maths will be your friend.
    It does work but sometimes progress can be slow especially with gyms being closed and people isolating.
    The MFP community is fab and also encouraging.
    Shout if you need a UK based buddy 😜
    Hang in there!
    Chris
    😁πŸ’ͺ🏼🌈
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Join the MFP group Midlife Crisis Fitness

Bunch of guys in a Men's only group who are serious about fitness.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Hey you signed up here and have started that's something. Just stick to it....you'll get there. You were an athlete, once you start getting fit again your body will be happy and reward you. I know this first hand 🀣. It sounds silly but I swear my body is happiest when I'm pushing it
  • tanner_5835
    tanner_5835 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat man currently about 350 lbs but I’m trying to make a change so I can live a better and longer life