What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• LukesGreenMilk
    LukesGreenMilk Posts: 56 Member
    Keto Casserole (I'm not keto, just an occasional fan)
    2 lb chicken, diced
    1 lb chopped broccoli florets, frozen
    8 slices bacon crumbled
    8 oz colbyjack cheese shredded
    1 Cup heavy cream
    4 oz cream cheese softened
    4 oz low carb salsa verde
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    Salt/pepper to taste
    Instructions
    Cook bacon, crumble into smaller pieces. Pat grease off.
    Combine with frozen broccoli, diced chicken, cheese, and seasonings into a large baking dish.
    Microwave cream cheese until softened (1min) , then stir in the salsa verde and heavy cream.
    Pour cream cheese mixture into the casserole dish, mix it all up.
    Bake at 360F for 60 minutes or until browned/bubbly.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,595 Member
    Chicken lok lak. Traditionally made with beef. Served with khymer lime and pepper sauce I didn't bring to the table in time for a photo.
    pq0yej9w3kaw.jpeg

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    I had some leftover baked chicken thighs, so I threw together a quick coconut curry for dinner last night. I removed all of the meat from the bones and added broccoli, onion, garlic, curry powder & various herbs/spices and coconut milk. It came out tasting pretty good. Served it over rice.

I then used the leftover bones, fat and skin to make a few cups of chicken stock. I added some onion, carrots, salt, pepper and herbs to it.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Grilled marinated boneless/skinless chicken thighs; grilled brussels sprouts; brown rice and carrot pilaf. No pics tonight, didn't last long enough.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Steak with truffle butter, kaleslaw salad and roast potatoes. Was delicious!
  • acpgee
    Leftover seafood laksa for breakfast.
    yuyj033y9o5u.jpeg
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Friday Night dinner to kick of the 4th Weekend: Smoked Grilled Chicken Breasts

A new-to-me technique. I haven't been experimenting much, as only recently have deliveries been consistent enough for me to "risk" a test of something new. Anyway, Applewood-smoked chicken breasts with sides of baked potatoes and roasted brussels sprouts. Tasted good. I learned a lot this time to make them even better next go-round.

1st pic: chicken goes on, potatoes have already been baking for 30 minutes, wood chips (wet) container (tuna can with perforated foil top) warming for 15 minutes so far (only a few wisps of smoke yet). I was a little sparing on the dry rub this time, being cautious.
    2nd pic: "peak smoke" - about 45-55 minutes into the process, lasted at this intensity for about 10-15 minutes, enough to impart some smokiness to the chicken. Next time, more chips - foil packet, not a tuna can. "Wet" is still a debate. Some sites recommend a water pan in the indirect zone. Ah, more experiments in the future!
    3rd pic: chicken fully cooked internally, getting some grill marks. Brussels getting roasted.

1hxctpi0eclr.jpg

1dt7tqr8ulnt.jpg

otad1uwcjssw.jpg

• thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Parsnip and apple soup. I think I'm a little in love with my soup maker - honestly, you put all kinds of ugly vegetables in it, press a button and magically you have delicious soup at the end of it. I like creamy soups, but as long as you use enough starchy veg, you don't need to add cream or milk and a portion is so low in calories!

Plus it's a great way of getting more veg into my diet. :)
  • acpgee
    Leftovers for breakfast. Rice was turned into congee. Served topped with chopped lettuce, coriander, mint and green onion. Some of last night's nam prik ong sauce.
    wcm4yfq25g0h.jpeg

• Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    50vaevdtbnyj.jpg

Tex mex chicken with roasted veggies salad à la HelloFresh
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Just made Stuffed Peppers with the burger meat that needed using and some left over rice.
    Also for my snack, I got some lettuce and dill from my garden and made an egg salad lettuce wrap!

Last night I made a batch of Diet soup using chard from garden and all the veggies that needed using before my vacation. I have about 4 days worth of Lunch and Dinner soups. Hope to lighten up before the road trip!
  • Chicken wings. Salt and pepper, cherry smoked.

w4x1q7ejbxv2.jpg
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I did not take a pic - and showing you my empty bowl from lunch leftovers would not help lol. But I made homemade sloppy joes on Sunday. 80/20 ground beef, drained & rinsed. Green peppers, white onions, ketchup, sugar, dry mustard, vinegar, salt. Turned out great. Next time will cut back on the sugar somewhat. It was sweeter than intended.
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Chicken wings. Salt and pepper, cherry smoked.

Those wings sure are heavily smoked, how was the flavor?
  • vaman wrote: »

I thought they got a little dark too, but they were perfect. Crispy on the outside and perfectly moist on the inside. If I had used Hickory or something heavier than Cherry I think it might have been too much. I've had some that taste like straight ash.
  • acpgee
    Experimented with spring rolls for a friend who wants to learn to do them but is coeiliac. I never tried them with Vietnamese rice paper instead of Chinese wheat based spring roll wrappers. But I think I actually like the crispier texture of the rice papers. These were brushed with oil and air fried, so if you have a convection oven there is no need to deep fry spring rolls. Both types of wraps are sold ready made in asian supermarkets. Would recommend buying the larger sizes as that is considerably less fiddly than the small sheets I happen to have in the store cupboard.
    r64suhox1qrb.jpeg

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    The last few things I've cooked have been: beef patties with mashed potatoes,
    Coleslaw stir fry with rice and chicken thigh,
    Roasted peppers and onions and corn on the cob,
    Baked potato(with butter, bacon bits, cheese, plain yogurt, and avocado) and green beans cooked with Bragg's, honey, and almonds
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    vaman wrote: »

I thought they got a little dark too, but they were perfect. Crispy on the outside and perfectly moist on the inside. If I had used Hickory or something heavier than Cherry I think it might have been too much. I've had some that taste like straight ash.

Ok great, I've never used cherry, mostly hickory and some mesquite... glad they came out so well😃

• chubbybunnycate
    chubbybunnycate Posts: 1 Member
    I've never tried a savory crumpet (unless you count vegemite or peanut butter). I've always used honey, but this does look interesting
  • just_Tomek wrote: »

w4x1q7ejbxv2.jpg

You smoked skin on chicken and got crispy skin? How?

Just rinse and dry, added salt and pepper and put them in the smoker. I thought about wrapping them when I saw how dark they turned but decided against. Was not unhappy.