WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Shadow to vet, line dance class; made coleslaw; T’ai Chi, Farmers’ Market
    Bonus:
    Get to do: ;ine dance at port, invest 10 mins cleaning Guest Bth; carry over carry over cleaning mins: 30 Bdrms, 28 mins Master Bth, 20 Living Rm, 20 mins Office; water garden; practice new dances (Evergreen, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right; next week final? Follow up call for Joe’s Dr. appointment, transplant bean, make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments.
    Jumpback July
    8: get the basics right: oops, not today, too much wine, too many sweet and salty snacks, not enough activity.

Machka
    sending waves of comfort, healing and love to your mother, your dh and to you. Take your heavy dressing gown, I’m always cold in hospital, the heated blankets never seem to last.
    Karen in VA, Heather, Debbie in Napa, Vicki in NE, Amber, Tracey and Lisa((hugs))
    Lisa and Katla never thought of the danger of chest freezers. Next time Joe suggests one, I’ll counter with an upright and now I know why!
    :love: the Levi and Evelyn's grands pics.
    Welcome @Sara628588 and @Marie_Renick

Anyone have any experience with surgery (not laser treatment) for glaucoma? Joe meets surgeon in Medford in 2 weeks.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: better than June.
    daily: steps>5491=3535 vits=8 log=8 CI<CO=7 CI<250<CO=6 Tumble & Shadow 5=10 mfp=8 clean 10 mins=4 outside=8 up hill=7
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=4 rx=1 dance=2
    mnthly: board mtg= grant=2 20for20=
    bonus: AF=4.75 play= sew=

Thanks!
    Another thing against chest freezers, at least for me, along with the fact that at 5' it is very hard to reach the bottom but my asthma is cold induced(along with other things the cold does to me-allergic to it)- so, leaning in the freezer, trying to find what I need while breathing that cold air was always miserable for me. I was thankful for having a big freezer that was given to us but was even more thankful when we were able to pass it on to someone else(was still running great) and we got an upright freezer. No more need for a step stool to stand on to reach to the bottom.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Did one segment of Gilad’s Total Body Plus DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a downloadable spinning workout. And then the soup kitchen!!!!

Evelyn – lovely wallhanging. How long did it take you to do it?

Cheri
    – have you ever made one of those real colorful blankets using wools of different weights? How does it look if you have? It never ever fails, come October and May when the barometric weather changes, I will get a sinus headache. You can bet money on it. I feel your pain

Barbara – do you regularly do everything on your “to do” list? Boy, it’s long.

Sara – tell us more about the move. What prompted it? To where?

Lisa
    – love your before and after pictures. What a change! Only thing is…I like your hair better in the “before” picture. But otherwise…amazing. Cory is one handsome man and you look so happy in that picture

Does anybody have a loropetalum plant that they haven’t trimmed? What does it look like (please post a pic). How long from when you planted it has it been? I’m considering it for around our pool area but I don’t want something that needs to be trimmed. I know that I don’t want a green evergreen. I do want something that’s an evergreen (doesn’t look bad in the winter). Don’t want anything with flowers that will get in the pool. As I recall, loropetalum, while it has flowers, doesn’t drop its flowers and make a mess. Any suggestions anyone? I’ve also investigated a nandina, but we have some of them around the house, so I’d kind of like something a bit different. I want something that grows to maybe 3 or 4’ high.

I just read something interesting. There’s a thought that perhaps one of the reasons why there is so much covid in the south (Arizona, TX, FL, SC) because of all the a/c. a/c circulates the air and it may also circulate the virus. Interesting thought

Allie – I really do hope you move. There is a certain happiness in your posts about it. Please don’t let anyone manipulate you. They’re probably jealous they aren’t going. I predict that once people come for a vacation, they will want to be there year round.

Went to Aldi this morning. You’re told to not be in a crowd if it can be helped, yet when there’s a long line of people waiting to check out, they don’t open another register. At least today they didn’t

Oh, those baby photos. Love them all.

Michele NC

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :)MIchele, You talk about crowds and lines at the stores. Do you go extra early, or just at normal hours? I've found stores here to be less crowded the earlier I go.

:)Allie, I love that you are doing a lot of thinking and writing about your possible move./ That way, you won't regret your decision.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Kelceybyers
    Kelceybyers Posts: 56 Member
    Good Afternoon Everyone,

I had a bad bad day yesterday. I apparently decided I needed chinese and mexican cuisine and ate....a lot. Luckily the wagon didn't get too far ahead of me so I was able to hitch a ride back on it this morning.

I will say I'm not kicking myself too hard because it did taste really really good.

Hope everyone is having a good day. :)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Barbara- The chest freezers are very dangerous especially older models. I always have bought ones with stairs for kids who get stuck inside with very easy open from the inside to get out. A good sealing lock when closed so kids don’t easily open. Mine also had a sensor if it detected heat source of a certain mass it shut off automatically saving the child from the temperature first! I’m overly cautious but been locked in a trailer in the desert on triple digit days with a cousin near my age for over an hour as toddlers..luckily my grandpa was searching did not give up he searched everywhere!!

Amber Tx

62lbs gone exercising in the heat melting it off.

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    RV Rita--Love the pictures of little one and his cake. What fun.

We had a lot of wind and rain during the night. At this rate our trees will be trimmed by themselves. I must of been really tried as I did not hear anything.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Barbie - I do try to go to any store early. Aldi doesn’t open until 9, I guess I was there about 9:30. I wish all stores had their senior hours the same. It just gets confusing when I can go to which store when. Oh well...

Michele NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited July 2020
    🌺🌻🌸

Cheri – have you ever made one of those real colorful blankets using wools of different weights? How does it look if you have? It never ever fails, come October and May when the barometric weather changes, I will get a sinus headache. You can bet money on it. I feel your pain

Michele

I have not. I really try to keep all my yarn in a project the same weight. It would work I'm sure except you may have to change the size of your hook for each yarn weight!? I think. I pretty much stick to Red Heart yarn easily purchased from WalMart. Although I receive numerous donations of yarn through Project Linus. Most all the other women quilt. Which I do too! I'm starting to do less crochet and more quilting as my hands have really been painful with this cancer drug.

My husband only shops during Senior Hours. He always has to check which store opens at what time.

Cheri
    q13l60a6e7a6.jpg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Rita: Francesca is beautiful—chocolate is her color. :wink:

Margaret: 98 years is a good, long life. I hope that we can do as well. :star:

Michele: We have AC in our house and no worries about circulating Covid germs here at home. Stores are another matter. Do they recirculate air to lower cooling costs? If they are recirculating air, how well is it filtered? Reasonable questions, and good reasons to wear a mask in stores, imho. :ohwell:

Dr Katie: We also have a refrigerator with French Doors on top and a freezer drawer on the bottom. I love it! We also have two upright freezers in the garage. DH likes to buy meat on sale and we have frozen quite a bit. No cars fit in the garage. :embarassed:

Cheri: I like Red Heart yarn, too. When I made blankets for new babies I used Lion Brand Homespun. It is easy to use and washes well. Since it is synthetic, it is a good idea to keep it way from fireplaces. It can melt. :noway: Texas is too hot for me! 105, 107,110,112 & 113 are way too hot unless you have a heroic air-conditioner. I hope you are cool enough at home. :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,722 Member
    Tracey ... a boss with mental health issues ... so very sorry!

Lisa ... thank you for sharing your photos! I love them and the story they tell!!

Cheri ... that is way too hot for me too! Buffalo is at 93 today. I felt spent after just 15 minutes outside.

Beth near Buffalo
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,637 Member
    Ya know ... ya just gotta laugh... this is the third day in a darn row ive gone over to triple A to get my license done and the 3rd time coming home not getting it done...brought the W2 with me and the social was crossed out and thats what they needed.. so this weekend will look for something either an older W2 or my social security card...i swear maybe the good lord has it on his heart I should just get a Florida license lol...
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :star:
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Ya know ... ya just gotta laugh... this is the third day in a darn row ive gone over to triple A to get my license done and the 3rd time coming home not getting it done...brought the W2 with me and the social was crossed out and thats what they needed.. so this weekend will look for something either an older W2 or my social security card...i swear maybe the good lord has it on his heart I should just get a Florida license lol...

Allie - If you are serious about moving and yours isn’t expired, just wait. You can use your passport to fly in the meantime. It qualifies as real ID.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    ☘️
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,722 Member
    I stand corrected ... weather report said Buffalo saw 97 degrees today!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    ❤️😊💛
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3