30lbs to lose... Started AGAIN yesterday (Darn Lockdown Snacking)

Replies

• MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Day 28

Today officially completes my first 4 full weeks tracking calories and exercise! I'm really proud of what I was able to accomplish and stick to this month. I only had one day off and that was planned ahead of time. I don't expect my rate of loss to continue at this pace because the initial water loss always gives up a few pounds pretty easily. This month I tracked 27 out of 28 days, increased my water intake, and added more intense cardio to my routine. For the next 28 days I plan on maintaining those as much as I can.

Linking MFP to FitBit has yielded really interesting information. I ate more calories yesterday, had a loss on the scale today, AND I feel more energetic. WIN! Consider this. I had MFP set at Sedentary, had a fairly high deficit set, am a person who always wants to eat a little under recommended calories, AND I wasn't eating back any exercise calories. I was creating a MUCH bigger deficit that I had intended and exhaustion was setting in. BY studying both MFP and FitBit I hope to find that "sweet spot" on both bike-days and just step-days. I have also increased my activity level on MFP and I know I need to at least HIT my base MFP calorie recommendation for the day.

Daily Goals:
    Calories ✅
    Bike ✅
    Water - Nope

Here is my "usual" lunch - an open-faced turkey sandwich with cheese and mayo on whole grain bread. Protein, healthy carbs, and fats to keep me satisfied through the afternoon.

50083122043_20a984104a_n.jpg
  • kel_E
    kel_E Posts: 12 Member
    @MommaGemz Nice job on your commitment to 4 full weeks. I know there is a sweet spot with how many calories to consume in order to lose weight (from the past). I am glad you are figuring it out. I hope I am as lucky. I did get my walk in this morning but I felt a little slower today and I am dragging right now. I hope to get some energy soon.
  • MommaGemz
    @kel_E I was having a problem with low energy as well, so do make sure you're eating enough calories the day before. Wishing you a good day! <3
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    @MommaGemz You are killing it! I love reading your updates.
  • MommaGemz
    @motivatedsister Thank you so much! I really appreciate your support! <3
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Well done! Very interesting insights about activity and calories too 💪
  • Ceci_531
    Ceci_531 Posts: 8 Member
    MommaGemz wrote: »
    Weigh-In Day - Week 4!

Start: 196.2
    Last week: 189.4

TODAY: 187.6

Down 1.8 last week, and 8.6 total

Congratulations! Keep up the good work. I find motivation in your posts.
  • MommaGemz
    @Ceci_531 We have nearly the same starting and goal weight, so we'll really be on a very similar journey! I have had a similar road. Ever since having kids my energy and motivation to lose has been pretty poor. I lost a good amount of weight 2 years ago, but I lost the drive to keep going and it all crept back on again.

Great to have more friends on this journey together and I look forward to hearing about your progress!

@donidaily Thank you! I am a Data Nerd so I really enjoy taking lots of records and seeing how changes affect me.
  • suegreg2
    suegreg2 Posts: 38 Member
    @MommaGemz. You ROCK! I just may have to test your theory about upping calorie intake. We have almost the same stats and my weight loss is painfully slow! Hey - what have I got to lose - other than 30 lbs?! 😂
  • MommaGemz
    Day 29

I was more successful this week than I originally thought! That past few days I ate back some of the exercise calories - the weight dropped and I had more energy. Bonus!

Today is the first day of that TOM, so I feel a little "off." A little warmer, less energy, and maybe a little less hydrated? Or, maybe it's just the hot, humid Texas summer? Good thing I don't have bike today. The kids were also being really difficult today and I wanted to dive head-first into a bag of cookies. I don't know if they were actually being difficult, or if hormones just made me extra sensitive today, but either way. I wanted to stress eat. Luckily, I know this will just last a day or two until the beginning days have past and I'm back to feeling normal.

It didn't help that I was seriously HANGRY by 11am, so I made sure to have a satisfying lunch so it wouldn't happen again before dinner. I had a chicken salad wrap with some low-sodium potato chips :) I did save room for some "comfort ice cream" at the end of the evening - YUM!

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅

And to cap off the day, we literally used our Air Fryer "to death." We had used it near daily for 2 1/2 years and certainly got our money's worth :D I immediately bought a new one to replace it. I chose an InstantPot brand one, because they don't make my previous brand anymore and the IP one got good reviews.

50095204701_1706bbd09b_n.jpg
  • MommaGemz
    @suegreg2 You certainly may want to look at your stats to see - especially if you've been feeling tired. I erred on the side of caution in like 4 different areas which had created this enormous deficit. I'm sure feeling better now!
  • MommaGemz
    Day 30!

TGIF!!
    Truly. I certainly need the mental break of a weekend. My hormonal week left me with a serious lack of motivation today. I had to get on the bike today, but it was really hard to build up the will to do it. So I probably had more of a lackluster ride than I have in the past. But I know that TOM will pass and I'll be back to feeling more myself again.

I reached for the Air Fryer more than once today and had to mourn its passing again. Good thing the new one should arrive tomorrow! I cook so many things in that device and it is a lifesaver during the hot summer when I am not forced to heat up an oven to bake or roast something.

I did my meal planning and made a grocery run today - which was a huge pain because it's "stupid hot" here in Houston, TX today. I mean HOTTT :# I did not want to leave the house, but I didn't want to be tempted by the less healthy foods left in the pantry to make meals until I get to the store.

My meal planning tip for those who are on this journey with me is to keep it simple. For each day I pick a meat, sauce, carb and veg. I cook all separately so they are easy to weigh and log. No more soups and casseroles for me, because calculating recipe and portions is a HUGE pain and makes me want to throw my food log out the window.

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Bike - ✅
    Water - ✅

When you want a glass of Rose' but you don't want to spend the calories :p

50098130803_c9145d9b8f_n.jpg
  • MommaGemz
    Day 31

Wow. I did not feel well AT ALL today. It started with horrible, interrupted sleep last night, the kids getting up early, and then lots of TMI issues related to that TOM. I managed to get on the bike before I felt the worst of it, but this afternoon required Advil, a hot shower, a nap, and a snack. I started to feel somewhat normal toward dinner time. I am SO looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. (My husband and I alternate sleep-in days on the weekend. He gets Saturday and I get Sunday.)

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Bike - ✅
    Water - ✅

This was our dinner for the evening. It's a summer time regular meal and my daughter's very favorite. She can clear a cob of corn faster than any of us :D

50101533748_d60e759116_n.jpg
  • kel_E
    kel_E Posts: 12 Member
    @MommaGemz I definitely hear you on your lack of energy. The heat is high were I live and it is kicking my butt.
    I have always been interested in an air fryer. I will have to look into that because when the heat rises I do not want to turn the oven on. I like your meal planning tip of keeping every thing separate. I do need to do better with meal planning, I just hate it. I live 30 miles from a city that has any decent shopping, so I haven't really been anywhere sense the pandemic started. How was the Rose Wine? How many calories?

Have a Great Weekend!
  • suegreg2
    suegreg2 Posts: 38 Member
    @MommaGemz Hoping tomorrow is a better day for you! That corn looks delicious. We don't have much to choose from, yet, up here in the northeast. I was really craving it today, but what was at the supermarket wasn't worth the price.
  • MommaGemz
    @kel_E I highly recommend an AirFryer if you have the counter space for a lightly large appliance. I use it multiple times a day and it shortens baking times dramatically. The Rose' water flavoring is actually quite good - it's generally "berry/grape flavor." It helps me get in my daily water goal :smiley:

@suegreg2 Corn is definitely something we indulge in during the summer since it's just not available all year. It's still a little pricey, but it's a vegetable my kids like so I go for it :p
  • mnmprom
    mnmprom Posts: 25 Member
    b1cnsirufgka.jpeg
  • MommaGemz
    Day 32

It's Sunday so it's my super-busy project / business admin / lesson planning day, so I'm on my feet alot but not getting alot of steps. I have to very intentionally squeeze the steps in - I just barely, barely made it today. Sunday is definitely not relaxing for me, but I do get ALOT accomplished. Thank goodness I got to sleep in this morning. That extra 1 1/2 hours is SUPER recuperative!

For the Fat2Fit group weekly challenge, we are supposed to commit to something that we can increase each day during the week. I have decided to try flights of stairs via my FitBit. I'll see what I naturally end up with this evening, then add 2 more flights each day. Stair climbing leaves me a bit winded, so this will be a good challenge through Saturday 👍

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅
    Stairs - 12

For dinner we have a standard "deconstructed" chicken fried rice. I season and cook the rice, chicken thigh, and veggies separately. Then I weigh each component, add it to my bowl, stir and voila! "Not" fried rice!

50105986406_efa1ce82b5_n.jpg