The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Befitat40
    Befitat40 Posts: 93 Member
    Nite all

Have a great sleep and an even better hump day!
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Morning all
  • BillyOldish
    BillyOldish Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2020
    Hey, I'm baaaack. I did MyFitnessPal years ago and it worked really well. I have gained some weight back due to recent health issues and I've found counting calories is the easiest way for me to lose weight, especially when I'm unable to workout right now. (I'm recovering from surgery) MyFitnessPal is the best calorie counting app out there (even tho their premium services used to be free back in the day, SIGH to greediness) Anyways, Good luck everyone and take care, Gen X rules! ✌️💚
  • balanc41
    balanc41 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Good morning all
  • _Southern_Kev
    _Southern_Kev Posts: 18 Member
    ZenDream wrote: »
    We got to 109 F here in AZ.

As we say in the south, that's the kind of heat that can cause you to loose your fear of hell.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Great morning all. Az heat is a dry heat... was in Tucson for 3 years... and now.... I'm in a humid heat of central Alabama.... the humidity seems to suck every bit of energy out of me.
    Stay cool, stay hydrated and have a great day all.
  • ZenDream
    ZenDream Posts: 208 Member
    Befitat40 wrote: »
    ZenDream wrote: »
    We got to 109 F here in AZ.

Awww love that heat!

Me too.
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    I'll take the heat over the snow we get in Northern Michigan. Oh, and the -50s we have gotten.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I'm odd and would rather cold. It's cozier and I just enjoy winter
  • balanc41
    I'll take the heat over the snow we get in Northern Michigan. Oh, and the -50s we have gotten.

I’m in Wisconsin, but I love the cold.im pretty warm blooded
  • AliNouveau
    balanc41 wrote: »

I’m in Wisconsin, but I love the cold.im pretty warm blooded

I'm Canadian.....I understand this
    You can always put layers on in the winter but people frown on eventually taking all layers off haha
  • fatguy_fitness
    fatguy_fitness Posts: 195 Member
    Wisconson here too!
  • balanc41
    ars371 wrote: »
    Wisconson here too!

Where in Wisconsin are ya
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    I'm thinking most of you might melt in a hot Australian summer. 😂 it gets warm.

Good morning middle -agers. :)
  • fatguy_fitness
    fatguy_fitness Posts: 195 Member
    balanc41 wrote: »
    ars371 wrote: »
    Wisconson here too!

Where in Wisconsin are ya

Far SE.
  • RandJ6280
    Me too! I hibernate indoors during July and August here in Georgia. It's so humid. It is good for the skin, though, like a sauna...

Well hi neighbor ~ I'm next door in Alabama and I agree.... as I get older I find I'm not handling the humidity as well as I used to.

• RandJ6280
    AliNouveau wrote: »

I see both sides, and being retired military and living in different climates... I like the north better. My theory is you can always put more clothes on when it's cold, when it's hot, you can only take off so much before you get arrested. lol.

And yes Ali~ cold = warm cozy fires and snuggling.
    Actually my FAVORITE time of year... is Autumn.
  • ZenDream
    ZenDream Posts: 208 Member
    I'm thinking most of you might melt in a hot Australian summer. 😂 it gets warm.

Good morning middle -agers. :)

I'd feel right at home.
  • AliNouveau
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »

I see both sides, and being retired military and living in different climates... I like the north better. My theory is you can always put more clothes on when it's cold, when it's hot, you can only take off so much before you get arrested. lol.

And yes Ali~ cold = warm cozy fires and snuggling.
    Actually my FAVORITE time of year... is Autumn.

The Fall is the best. A nice cool off after a hot summer, there are flurries in the air, the air is nice and fresh.

We tend to have humid summers. Humidity sucks
  • _canadianbakin_
    _canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
    I'm in BC. Typically its very hot at this time of year. But, like the rest of 2020, the weather has been weird.