WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - July 2020

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    @tryingagain5, You’re turning a corner and glad that you are doing it here with us. Stay strong!’
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    07/09 steps 6496
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,647 Member
    @Cafelelia can you just put me back in weight loss for July? Thanks. I’m back under again but it’s too close to top range.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    @tryingagain5 glad your staying with the team. i know how frustrating it can be, my weight keeps going up also and then i lose an ounce or two. but i am always hoping something will change.

my new workout videos came yesterday. i made it through 20 minutes. i can see why in his challenges he doesn't send out videos any longer than 20 minutes. the step was a little tough on my knees i might have to wrap them but i had fun otherwise. one is a step video the other is a cardio so i think i will switch off with them. i have my food shopping list ready to go and i am going to prep a few things for next week. i always think something has to change. the neck surgeon is relentless they called me twice this week, lol. my surgery has been scheduled for oct so i am hoping to have some weight gone by then because sitting around is going to be a killer. i hate to see how much weight i will gain, i am hoping i will at least be able to walk.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,971 Member
    @tryingagain5 Please do stay, and keep posting small goals and sharing when you reach them. This group exists to help each other. To celebrate success and to support one another through setbacks. Take some time to assess where your weak spots are and work toward fixing those, one at a time.

Yesterday was good. I didn't snack like crazy and was active playing golf again plus an early morning jog. Didn't get in as much water as I would have liked, so I'll have more today.

Steps for Wednesday: 15,114
    Steps for Thursday: 18,374

I will NOT have as many steps today, but I'll still try to get over 8K We'll see. Hopefully the housework will burn calories.
  • bburrer30
    bburrer30 Posts: 39 Member
    Username: bburrer30
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 170.6
    Today's weight: 169

I have definitely fallen out of the groove of drinking and enough water. So I'm trying to get back out that . I've been doing pretty good with food and getting my steps in. I am trying to add in at least 2 to 3 times a week and extra work out YouTube video something Easy to do at home. I will did that twice this week. I am super excited that my number is below 170 and I am hoping that this time it doesn't jump backup the and it keeps going a little lower.

I am excited that this week the nursing home is letting us take my gramma to see my grampa for the 1st time Since we had to put her on hospice. It is so hard to see him through a window Watching one of the toughest man you know cry tears your part.

This week has ended with a Bang when I was painting our fence a 3in thorn sttabbed into my knuckle which lead to a 4 hour ER visit because it got all infected. But I can wiggle my finger this morning so all the medicine is working.

@bburrer30
    It's nice by the bridge and Macinaw Island. It's been a while since I've been there but when I was in high school my dad and I would go every summer for a few days.

Do you live near the bridge? Or just vacationing? Do you live in Michigan?

I'm in West Michigan.

I live a little over an hour South of the bridge.
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 406 Member
    So i will be at camp for the weekend and im going to bring my scale with me. I weighed myself this morning just in case my weight is way off tomorrow morning (it's probably not as level in my camper than at home lol). But I was 166 this morning, meaning a 2.2 pound loss. We will see what the scale says at camp tomorrow!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Thursday check in
    Food - On target
    Water - 1.8l
    Exercise - 40 min walk
    No kids is so peaceful, but it is amazing how quickly I start missing them too. Last night, we had our first meal out in a restaurant in 4 months! It is patios only here in Toronto, and we found a lovely shaded one with healthy food. Service was different. Tables were disinfected and distanced, menus posted on the wall, all staff wore masks, and everything was put on the side of the table rather than in front of you. They took our phone number and names in case contact tracing was ever needed. When I heard about what restaurants would be like, I thought all of the precaution measures would freak me out. But in reality, it really did not feel weird and all that I did feel was that it was really great just to be out again.

@lenka1 - Nice loss, and yes you should listen to your body if you are feeling burnt out. You have a lot on your plate with two little ones.

@sleepymom5 - Great work and things are going in the right direction!

@Zumba_Luvah - Really great idea to bring the scale. If we don’t hear from you, we will use the 166 weigh in. You are doing so great! Have fun camping!

@bburrer30 - Congratulations on your new weight decade! I am so sorry about your hand and hope that you continue to feel better. That is so lovely that your grandmother is able to be taken to visit your grandfather. This pandemic has just been devastating for the elder folks our in society.

@gingerpwr - Fantastic steps and you have been so active! You can get a surprising amount of steps and calorie doing housework and chores.

@ljdanny - Great that you got the videos and tried the workout. I am so sorry that you have to have the surgery, but hopefully it will fix an issues you have and you will feel even better after recovery.

@mrsbell8well - I put the request in and you are back on the weight loss team. Once there, you can give some thought to what you are comfortable with for your goal range, so you can move back to goal zone when you are ready.

@profdawnlee - Fantastic loss, congratulations! I think I just saw on my newsfeed that the app is having problems again.

@tryingagain5 - We are so happy that you decided to stay on the team and we would really miss you if you left. @timibotkin was right about what Pam says. When you feel like giving up, quitting or just down in general, that is the time that you need to be here the most. We are here to support each other in good times and in bad. Plus we have all had our bad times too, and the ups and downs will continue. The alternative to staying is giving up or trying with less support and that generally leads to a less healthy lifestyle. I have been there. You had a lot of challenges these past few months, and believe me, it can hit us harder than we even realize. So please post when it is hard or when you don’t feel like it. We also have team members doing many different things to lose weight, get fit and get healthier. So you don’t just have to post updates, but you can ask for advice, ask for more details on a certain approach, ask for help to get motivated, or just ask questions. Sending you a virtual hug.

@lennoncpa - That is an NSV having only to give in to the nut craving for one day! Hope that the work stress eases soon.

@minstrelofsarcasm - Thanks for that post about water retention in the heat! Very enlightening!

@KUMEcyclingteam - Fantastic ride and I believe it that you could lose 6lbs going that distance in that time. No worries, you can weigh in tomorrow.

@1theresamcvean - My son turned 14 & the extra candle is good luck. Not sure I would trust him to drive me to NOTL in a couple of years! Thanks for the tip on the oat bites. I will have a look at Qi.

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Wednesday Check in
    Food - logged and on target
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - 20 min walk, 60 min walk and PT

I am very happy with my weigh in, especially after my 5 days of July 4th celebrating. I did get back on track and I am feeling good. Once again, I plan to focus on the hunger scale and my overeating. I had a salad for dinner last night and over ate that! I know a salad isn't a bad thing to overeat but I really need to get out of the habit of eating when I am not hungry.

We are having a bad storm here at the Jersey Shore so I will have to be creative with exercise. If we don't get out later, I will probably do a Leslie Tape. I have been keeping that on the back burner incase I don't get at least a walk in. Happy Friday everyone!

@pacsnc6 I wouldn't worry about that gain. I agree it could be the heat and humidity. Remember also that your body is fighting cancer and I am sure some days there could be a reason related to that for you to be hanging on to fluid. I am sure that will come right off. Hugs!
    @Cafelelia Enjoy your kids free weekend! That cake is so cool! Perfect for a teen hockey player! I am sure it tasted as good as it looked! Yes it wasn't as big of a loss as you were expecting but these little losses add up. You are doing great-don't let the number on the scale mess with you!
    @KUMEcyclingteam Sounds like a fun day and you get an awesome workout in too! Does your butt get used to being on the seat so long? Mine hurts after 30 min. I even have a gel cover.
    @lennoncpa This is the first year my son is working at a job that he is affected by tax season. He used to work in the accounting department at an insurance company. I asked him if he was ever going to come in the shore and he had to remind me that he won't be down until after tax season Lol! I forgot. He has 2 down and 2 to go on his CPA exams too. Hopefully he will have those behind him soon. Good luck with getting through short staffed. I am glad to see you still seem to be getting those workouts in. Also-great restraint with the nuts! xo
    @tryingagain5 When you feel like you shouldn't be on the team because you aren't doing well is exactly when you need to be on the team. We all struggle. I put on 10 lbs in a month! Make a realistic plan of how you want to proceed. Realistic may not be what you were doing when we were first told to isolate. See where you are at now and what changes you can make to start to get back to where you were. Definitely keep in what your trainer has told you. I feel like you got a little gift with him jumping in for a little bit. Keep that going and concentrate on eating. I really know you can do this, don't leave us! xoxo. Also don't feel you have to respond to all the posts. That can be daunting. Just at least give a daily check in. I also always liked how you looked back at your goals each week and posted how you did and what you needed to work on.
    @ProfDawnLee Wow! You did awesome this week! I have had trouble the past few days with the app too. It is frustrating. I know the app is free but I have been on this app for a long time. It was always free and it has never has the issues it has had in the past few years. I swear once underarmor took over it hasn't been as reliable.
    @Mrsbell8well I am trying to figure you out ;) I really think you are doing well with maintenance. As far as your maintenance range, you seem to have been staying within it for the most part. When you go over, you identify what you have done and get yourself right back into range. What I am trying to figure out is why you seem to go into panic mode when you start getting to the higher part of the range. It is almost like you think you are over before you even out of range. Do you think your range should be lower or are you afraid once you go over you are going to just keep gaining? How long have we known each other? Well over a year, maybe even 2 at this point. I have never seen you let yourself gain too much. You have to give yourself some credit for being able to identify when you are starting to get off track and you reining it right back in. When you start creeping to the higher part of your scale that isn't terrible. You are still where you should be. Why don't you try to think of it as data and when you hit those numbers, just clean up your eating a little. You really have the knowledge and experience to succeed at maintenance. Ask anyone on this team, you are an inspiration! Now you have to work on your confidence, we all know you can do this, now you have to believe it. No worries, you are never going to have to trade in your tiny clothes! You got this! xoxo
    @ljdanny Between the tapes and the food prep it sounds like you are setting yourself up for success! The surgery doesn't necessarily mean that you will gain. Hopefully you can have a good routine with eating that you can carry through your recovery. They say weight loss is 80% in the kitchen. Maybe this is a good time to start thinking about what your plan and goals will be for then. I would make realistic, maybe a small gain or maintaining during that time. I think you can come through this without a set back. Plus, you will be feeling so much better afterwards!
    @GingerPwr Awesome steps! I have the same plan as you today Lol! I did great with steps the past couple of days but am relying on house work for today too as it is stormy here. I really want to learn how to golf, maybe one of these days...
    @bburrer30 Nice loss! Good bye 170s! I am glad that your grandparents will be able to see each other. It is so hard for them with no contact with the outside world or each other. How horrible about your finger too! Who would think getting pricked (although, a 3 inch pricker is pretty long) would end up with a 4 hour ER visit! I hope it starts feeling better soon!
    @Zumba_Luvah I hope the scale levels out at camp. I also hope camp is fun and not work. Or maybe a little of both. Enjoy!
    @lenka1 You are doing so well and have been consistently losing. I am glad you recognize that you are exhausted and need a change. Take some time to make a plan that will work for you and your life. You have a very young baby and a young daughter, they require a lot of time. Give yourself a little break and enjoy them. I know you will find balance. xo

• lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Weigh in day - Friday
    PW - 133.6
    CW - 133.6
    Weekly steps - 66738
This discussion has been closed.