Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Good morning,

Great info Lana - that could save me some $$ and effort. Thank you for starting us

Sara628 - do you drink enough water to keep yourself hydrated? ANY movement any more steps or exercise than you do now is something - also check where there may be hidden sugars. Do you keep a regular sleep pattern?

I took a late nap and could not for the life of me fall asleep. I cancelled my expensive insurance for car and rental yesterday because I got treated like a sheep in a herd with mass produced introductions. New policies are not so much cheaper but better.

Goal is to walk morning break and wait and see how HOT it is in the afternoon.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Welcome to Sara628~~

Waving to Lynn~~~

Sara, I haven't looked at your weather, but do take care of yourself if it is going to be a scorcher today. Glad that you could make improvements with your insurances.

I got in a good 3-mile walk with The Ladies this morning. I was whooped at the end of it. Heck, I'm still whooped. 🤣

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    My tip comes from a neighbor they use frozen fruit in their juicer (vita mix is the one they have) and they get a form of sorbet, just dont eat in large quantities.......
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana --

n9xo3lr14mdd.png
  • LanaCabana537

Beautiful photo Sara ~~

By the way, I finally figured out what they were: they are mask extenders! Thank you so much for sending them to me! You are so sweet, and definitely talented! Thank you for your thoughtfulness 🌸💗🌸

Big, big, hugs~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana if you must wear a mask why not be comfortable! You can wash those in HOT water if you need to. I wasnt sure which size so I sent my small and large.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 599 Member
    Hey to all. I'm exhausted from a long paddle tonight--my friend, her 4 year old, me, Skye, and members of a club we just joined. I'm gonna hurt tomorrow :) It was a tricky creek with lots of work getting around fallen trees, etc. Somehow the paddle back--upstream--seemed easier. I bought cheap, flat-bottom boats b/c I want to take the dog. She did very well and was tired from all her effort too--sniffing everything we passed, grabbing at branches, etc.

Lana, 3 miles; good for you. It will get easier. I did my jog this morning and it was finally a bit easier than it's been for at least a week. I reverted to a better warm up-I do 1/10th of a mile jogging, 1/10 walk; 2/10 jogging, 1/10 walk; 3/10 jogging, 1/10 walk; 4/10 jogging, 1/10 walk--a mile-long warm up seems to be what this ol' girl needs. Right now my last set after this "warm up" is only 3/10ths of a mile, but that will gradually become the longer distance. 2 summers ago I was up to 5 miles jogging after the warm up. I'm actually in better shape now but that knee injury set me back and I'm rebuilding slowly to prevent injuring it again. And it will be cooler when I can add distance more quickly. I follow the 10% rule--don't add more than 10% of your total distance per week. So right now I only add 1/10th mile, but once I'm at 2 miles, I'll add 2/10ths, etc.

I do want to have sheep in a year or two, so I'm thinking about leasing a small sheep farm, or just leasing the sheep--which is something you can do, apparently. I intend to aim very, very small, and if it works out, great. If not, I'll be ok with it. I really enjoy working with Skye and want something very different to do when I retire, so that's what I've been researching lately, hobby farming. And who knows; in another year, I may have a very different plan :)

Take care, all.
  • LanaCabana537
    po4wyosldvpu.jpeg
    *** THURSDAY July 9th ***

Good morning to All~~

*tossing beach bag and binoculars onto lounge chair for later*

Lana

259.6 today
    261.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537

Maureen - Your workout sounds like a workout! Good for you.
    Glad to hear that there are manageable ways to have a sheep farm--leasing sounds good.

Dawn - how are you doing?

Tracy - you too! - how are things next door in Tennessee? We know your plate is very full.

Waving to Sara and Lynn and Kathryn and Holly and Runa and Saltine and Missy and everyone else who stops by today~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Lana thank you for starting us.

My other board reminded me that today is not Friday - boy I was wishing.....

Meals are cooked and available through end of work week which is encouraging. Walked to get 5k last night and sleep was tough but the heat does not help.

Neighbor went shopping and shortages are happening again. Here in CA we have local produce so that is not so bad but the canned goods is another story. It will be more challenges.

Coworker phone call last night seems one of the "preferred" people at the department I used to work in has given notice. She could freeze fire with her looks so it could be a nice change.

HOT through weekend here- Wave to all who follow stay safe and sane out there.
  • mkculs13
    76 here at 7 am with dew point at 72. Hot and humid in WI isn't unusual in the summer, but it is usually only a few days here and there. We had that weather in june, which is unusual. So hoping for some relief soon. I try to walk between 6 and 7 am but slept in to 6:30. It' usually 5 or so degrees cooler before the sun is high enough to hit the dog park.

At least it is sunny :)
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    Sara - "freeze fire with her look" made me laugh - like a mean face look?
    Maureen - nice job on the paddle. Pretty sure my dog would swim more than ride.
    Lana - good morning!
    Waves and big "hi's" to everone!
    Lynn
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Lana,

It is HOT here in Tennessee.

I have my first meeting at the Moose tonight as the new Recorder. I have to give reports that I am not ready for tonight.

Been on the phone most of the morning to get the checking account signature cards rolling. Since we all already have signatures on file with this bank, we have been told that electronic signatures on the changeover documents will take care of it and none of us have to go in person to sign. Due to Covid, our banks are back to drive-through only.

Monday night, July 6th, was my first board meeting as Association Manager for USBC. It was awkward. I knew everyone there, but didn't really know what was expected of me. I will have to figure it out as we go along.

Work is kind of crazy. Lots to get done. My week at home, but we got a message about half an hour ago that everyone else is going home for the day due to a large water leak at the plant. I'm assuming the contractor building the addition made a boo-boo.

Glad to see everyone is in relatively good spirits and taking on new activities! Gotta keep going - or as Dory says, just keep swimming!

Have a great day, MFP pals!
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2020
    nhbnl2krh81c.jpeg
    *** FRIDAY July 10th ***

Good morning! ☀️

Evidently, we have made it to Friday! Everyone take it easy in the heat and make at least one meal a healthy one.

There will be a Special Happy Hour with the Cabana Boys late afternoon. 🏖🌴

Lana

• Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

TGIF!!!

Lana, thank you for starting us. I will be at Happy Hour - I may be half asleep but I will be there!

Neighbor wanted to know if I wanted ice cream last night, so my sleep has been less than usual.

Asian noodle stir fry with steak pieces and baked sweet potato are my meals today so not bad at all. Need to stop snacking - but they are almost empty and I will not replace.

Wave to all who follow Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Sara628588
    Sara628588 Posts: 88 Member

Sara628 - do you drink enough water to keep yourself hydrated? ANY movement any more steps or exercise than you do now is something - also check where there may be hidden sugars. Do you keep a regular sleep pattern?

Simple answers - yes I only ever drink water, always have, and drink a lot of it. Sleep - not so much as I work until midnight four days a week, then have an hours wind down so rarely get into bed till 1.30am. Plays havoc with my sleep some days

I'm in UK - we have dull rain, rain and cold rain. Promised sunshine over the weekend so....... :)
  • LanaCabana537

Oh - look! Both Saras have checked in this morning!

Little things like that bring me joy.

Sara in UK, so sorry to hear that you are having cold rain--just the opposite of our Sara in California (Tilliesmommy), where it's predicted to be sunny and 101 degrees.

Lana
  • mkculs13
    edited July 2020
    Hey, all. I get so busy doing nothing important. Yesterday I forgot to log my food. Well, at least most of the day. I think I got breakfast in.

It's cooler and breezier here today, but humidity is still quite high. I got bored on my morning walk and switched it up a bit, and will walk the conservancy loop with Skye this evening. My piriformis is bothering me--it's right in the butt, and kayaking can make it worse, of course. I had a painful massage yesterday and got a little relief. Back for more agony on Tuesday, but I know that will help in the long run. Plus, it's an excuse to get my feet massaged too, and I love that so much.

Wisconsin appears to want to get into the mix with FL, TX, and AZ for "state with the most idiots" again. Our rate for new Covid cases is the highest, but our population is smaller so not quite the startling numbers. I'm watching other teachers twist themselves into big knots over what will happen for school opening. I think it is too soon to tell--from the politician's perspective. I cannot honestly imagine that the growing numbers now can be turned around in anything short of 12-16 weeks, based on what happened overseas in places when Covid got out of control. And I don't see any point in being anxious about it right now. We are all making our voices heard, but my energy isn't being wasted on anxiety at this point. There will be plenty of time for that later :)

Anyhoo, I'm enjoying yet another morning of peace and quiet and staring at closets that need to be cleaned. Might get to it today; might not. Que sera, sera.

Toodles for now.

ETA: Oops, I made a mistake in my settings, and somehow I gained about 20 lbs in one day, and lost in all in one night a few days later. Makes for a funny graph but doesn't change the overall trend, so IDC.

htd9fq94zx4s.jpg

• LanaCabana537

Maureen~~

I like your graph! 😂🤣😂
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2020
    66k09xvtegmc.jpeg

So - we all have plans or no plans for this weekend?

1) What will be your exercise for Sat & Sunday

2) What will be your trusted healthy, satisfying meal for one of your meals this weekend?

The Cabana Boys are making their rounds: extra personal attention and soothing foot massages and custom pillow fluffing is the order of the day~~

~Cheers~

Lana