Getting Fit in the 30's

Hello! I've lost a bunch of weight a few years ago but gained it back after having my daughter. I'm having trouble with accountability and motivation this time around as there is less time in the day and I'm more tired than before! Looking for others in their 30's needing accountability. I have a fitbit I use. What would help everyone with accountability? Thoughts on how we can do this together?

Replies

• kravmark2
    kravmark2 Posts: 158 Member
    Ill help !! Add me
  • silverpl2525
    silverpl2525 Posts: 138 Member
    I don't have a fitbit but am using MFP for weight loss accountability. I'm in my 30s as well, and would love to check in to see how everyone is doing.
  • Catlessi41
    Catlessi41 Posts: 39 Member
    I, too, are a thirty year old. I see you have a kitty. We need to be buddies.
  • liliesonthepond
    liliesonthepond Posts: 25 Member
    Absolutely!!! He's kind of a jerk cat but I love him just the same hahaha
  • Reader818
    Reader818 Posts: 24 Member
    I’m also in my 30s and have a kind of a jerk cat and a new daughter! We should all be buddies!
  • liliesonthepond
    Yessss! Hahaha ❤️
  • jat246810
    jat246810 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I’m in my 30s and looking to lose 30 pounds. I’m in the same boat and would love to have someone hold me accountable and give and get support to help each other achieve our weight loss goals. Do you find your Fitbit has helped? I’ve contemplated getting one myself. Looking forward to shedding these pounds together!
  • liliesonthepond
    jat246810 wrote: »
    Hi! I’m in my 30s and looking to lose 30 pounds. I’m in the same boat and would love to have someone hold me accountable and give and get support to help each other achieve our weight loss goals. Do you find your Fitbit has helped? I’ve contemplated getting one myself. Looking forward to shedding these pounds together!

Yes!! I found the Fitbit helpful for me cause I need something visual to look at to make me see my progress more. I would definitely recommend something like it.
  • liliesonthepond
    How about this week everyone reports what they did for exercise and if they met their eating goals each day from Monday to Saturday?
  • silverpl2525
    silverpl2525 Posts: 138 Member
    How about this week everyone reports what they did for exercise and if they met their eating goals each day from Monday to Saturday?

Sounds good, I'll post Monday :)
  • caseyann1990
    caseyann1990 Posts: 1 Member
    I am in the same boat. Mum of 5 here! I had gotten down to my lowest adult weight and was so fit and loving life after my 4th child. Then life happened and then another baby and I am stuck in a rutt!
  • Vetleanni
    Vetleanni Posts: 64 Member
    hi beautiful people! :smiley: dont have an *kitten* cat :tongue: and no kids. But I am in my 30's, and working on getting in my lifes best shape! Would love to join this group of fellow 80 something models! :smile:
  • Vetleanni
    Vetleanni Posts: 64 Member
    haha, my comment got sensored.. was trying to say i dont have a jerk cat :D
  • liliesonthepond
    Vetleanni wrote: »
    haha, my comment got sensored.. was trying to say i dont have a jerk cat :D

Hahaha welcome!
  • liliesonthepond
    I am in the same boat. Mum of 5 here! I had gotten down to my lowest adult weight and was so fit and loving life after my 4th child. Then life happened and then another baby and I am stuck in a rutt!

We got this! We just need to get it rolling!
  • liliesonthepond
    Is anyone else food prepping this weekend?
  • lauragetsfitxo
    lauragetsfitxo Posts: 7 Member
    Hi! I'm a mom and 37. Let's support each other. Add me.
  • fitnessinmy30s
    fitnessinmy30s Posts: 377 Member
    I’m totally doing the same right now too!!!!
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    I was overweight in my 20s too but it does get harder in your 30s! I’m down to my lowest weight since my wedding 10 years ago but I still could go another 15 lbs to be ideal. I found that I had to stop trying to make my healthy meals my family’s healthy meals as well. It’s just too hard juggling what everyone will eat that is also good for me. Now I make dinner for my family and I make myself protein and veggies and sometimes they can overlap but it just takes the guessing out of it and I don’t feel like I have to eat the Mac and cheese when it’s really there for the kids.
  • liliesonthepond
    I was overweight in my 20s too but it does get harder in your 30s! I’m down to my lowest weight since my wedding 10 years ago but I still could go another 15 lbs to be ideal. I found that I had to stop trying to make my healthy meals my family’s healthy meals as well. It’s just too hard juggling what everyone will eat that is also good for me. Now I make dinner for my family and I make myself protein and veggies and sometimes they can overlap but it just takes the guessing out of it and I don’t feel like I have to eat the Mac and cheese when it’s really there for the kids.

That's great!!