The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Redmond70
    Redmond70 Posts: 21 Member
    Hiya - 47 years old and determined to be fitter and healthier by 50. Looking for more friends so please feel free to say hi or add me. :-)

This is a great place to start
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend? I wanted to go on an adventure but seems we are to have storms ☹️

I LOVE storms, not sure why, but I've always liked stormy days. But.... my exciting plans for the weekend... working in the ER... ughh... but I am thankful to have a job.

• RandJ6280
    New Mexico here! Good morning everyone.

Great morning New Mexico - and greetings from Alabama.
  • RandJ6280
    My favorite is Autumn, too. The mountains in Alabama and Georgia are beautiful in Autumn, and that's mostly why I stay in the South. I've been camping at Cheaha a few times. If we survive July and August the rest of the year is a piece of cake ;D

I agree... I think of Autumn as God's gift to us for surviving the summers heat and awful humidity.
    YES to Cheaha ~
  • SoonerFanForLife
    SoonerFanForLife Posts: 53 Member
    Hiya - 47 years old and determined to be fitter and healthier by 50. Looking for more friends so please feel free to say hi or add me. :-)

Sounds like a great goal! You came to the right place for support and motivation the MFP community is amazing! Hope everyone has an awesome weekend - we got this!
  • Busymomshantell
    Busymomshantell Posts: 126 Member
    Good morning from Chicagoland USA. I've lost a few pounds recently after reaching the heaviest weight I have ever been. Quite embarrassed at myself when I look in the mirror so really need to get that weight off and get healthy. Would love some motivational supportive friends to help me along the way. I have over 50 lbs to still lose and I am 46 years old currently.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend? I wanted to go on an adventure but seems we are to have storms ☹️

I LOVE storms, not sure why, but I've always liked stormy days. But.... my exciting plans for the weekend... working in the ER... ughh... but I am thankful to have a job.

For sure it's good to have a job. I had several friends laid off because of all of this, another just started back to work lucky for her but she is a flight attendant and could get laid off again.

My family is sleeping in apparently. I've already picked up groceries, organized stuff to make breakfast. Might start some laundry. It's very exciting here
  • ZenDream
    ZenDream Posts: 208 Member
    Looking at 117 here today. Pool time!
  • _Southern_Kev
    _Southern_Kev Posts: 18 Member
    How is everyone’s weekend going?
  • AliNouveau
    That's my weekend, too.We're still avoiding the public:) My daughter sleeps til noon, now, for the first time ever. I would have been so happy when she was little, but now I can't sleep past 7 anyway.I stayed up til 2AM last night, and still woke up right at 7!

Isn't that always the way!
    We are avoiding people for the most part. I'm the one who gets sent out to pick up stuff but i still have yet to go into a store.
    Brunch is done, going to shape some donuts to make and then I guess I'll workout
  • RandJ6280
    [/quote]

For sure it's good to have a job. I had several friends laid off because of all of this, another just started back to work lucky for her but she is a flight attendant and could get laid off again.

My family is sleeping in apparently. I've already picked up groceries, organized stuff to make breakfast. Might start some laundry. It's very exciting here [/quote]

WOW busy lady ~ good on you dear. Yes this whole year has been just crazy. Let's hope the second half smooths out a bit. I can't imagine all of those that have been laid off... my heart goes out to them all.
  • AliNouveau
    RandJ6280 wrote: »

My family is sleeping in apparently. I've already picked up groceries, organized stuff to make breakfast. Might start some laundry. It's very exciting here [/quote]

WOW busy lady ~ good on you dear. Yes this whole year has been just crazy. Let's hope the second half smooths out a bit. I can't imagine all of those that have been laid off... my heart goes out to them all. [/quote]

I'm always busy. I have since made brunch, exercised, made donuts, made salad dressing which is to have with dinner and prepped chicken for dinner. Sadly the laundry still sits unfolded haha
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Good morning Middle-agers, hoping you're all having a great weekend :)
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member

Hi lovely lady. Enjoy your day!
    ☕🌞
  • BourbonCowboy
    BourbonCowboy Posts: 21 Member
    So, I had an official weigh in of sorts and I recorded some measurements and need this group's help and input:
    --Weight 221 from 231
    --% of Fat 27.9 from 31.6
    --Muscle Weight 150 (stayed same)
    --Hydration 49.4% which is low

Daily caloric intake Goal is 1500 (From Doc) - I am hitting between 1200-1400 during the week, on weekends I do and can go over 50-100 calories.

Daily workouts 40 min cardio intervals
    Mon, Wed, Fri - Push-ups and Crunches

I am worried i am losing too much too fast, I am strict with food, but i notice hunger during weekends.. Please share thoughts here, friend me for ongoing support, motivation, collab - Thank You!
  • AliNouveau
    So, I had an official weigh in of sorts and I recorded some measurements and need this group's help and input:
    --Weight 221 from 231

Daily caloric intake Goal is 1500 (From Doc) - I am hitting between 1200-1400 during the week, on weekends I do and can go over 50-100 calories.

I am worried i am losing too much too fast, I am strict with food, but i notice hunger during weekends.. Please share thoughts here, friend me for ongoing support, motivation, collab - Thank You!

1200 calories is low for a woman. I don't think it's a good thing to try to eat that few calories especially if you are exercising every day. It means your net calories are under 1000. That's not going to be something you can sustain for a long period of time. We are doing this as something we can sustain for a long time.

The hydration and weight from muscle is most likely a guess so don't take that stuff too seriously unless your weigh ins are super scientifically done.

What does mfp say your calories should be? Not all doctors are experts on nutrition
  • slimgirljo15
    Anna28518 wrote: »

Hi lovely lady. Enjoy your day!
    ☕🌞

Thank you Anna 🤗, you enjoy yours too
  • slimgirljo15
    --Weight 221 from 231

Wow.. that is an amazing result. If this is your first week, it will slow a bit in coming weeks. You eat very low on calories for a man through the week, 1200 is the lowest recommended even for a woman.
    I'm not sure why your Doc picked 1500 but at a minimum you should be eating that.
    Ultimately my friend it's up to you what you choose, but make it sustainable. Losing weight does not have to be about deprivation and denial.
    Wishing you success on your next week. 🙂
  • BourbonCowboy
    --Weight 221 from 231

Wow.. that is an amazing result. If this is your first week, it will slow a bit in coming weeks. You eat very low on calories for a man through the week, 1200 is the lowest recommended even for a woman.
    I'm not sure why your Doc picked 1500 but at a minimum you should be eating that.
    Ultimately my friend it's up to you what you choose, but make it sustainable. Losing weight does not have to be about deprivation and denial.
    Wishing you success on your next week. 🙂

Slim thank you for your feedback. I am trying to allow myself some leeway, but do want to remain dedicated.
  • BourbonCowboy
    --Weight 221 from 231

1200 calories is low for a woman. I don't think it's a good thing to try to eat that few calories especially if you are exercising every day. It means your net calories are under 1000. That's not going to be something you can sustain for a long period of time. We are doing this as something we can sustain for a long time.

The hydration and weight from muscle is most likely a guess so don't take that stuff too seriously unless your weigh ins are super scientifically done.

What does mfp say your calories should be? Not all doctors are experts on nutrition

Ali, I was as surprised as you and Slim. The muscle mass at both checking are using specialized equipment that is relatively accurate, but agree overall, that all figures are relative. Thank you for the input and I agree I gotta find a balance, its tough.