WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Thank you Lisa. MFP has its momenets.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Allie: Good luck with your plans. I hope you’re able to enjoy your lovely home, vacation when you want a change, and be happy. :flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Katla49
    o:)>:)o:)>:)
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited July 2020
    My favorite flowering bromiliade. When fully bloomed the stamia are bright purple. When the flower fades the plant dies but typically has two babies. These take 2 to 3 years to bloom.

For some darn reason MFP will no longer let me add pictures from my phone. Urg.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    edited July 2020
    Pip - I think over here that as long as it is liveable in and resellable you can get a mortgage. Your system sounds much more strict. I have often wondered why people in the US were doing up in order to sell. Here you can sell as is without too much trouble. Doing houses up is what you do after you've bought. Sometimes people prefer a wreck. People don't want someone else's decor.
    If you want perfect you buy new.

In France the natives were amazed that the British liked buying their old properties. The French wanted new. I guess all that is well past now with Brexit and Covid. :'( My friend got to her home in France very easily. I still think she is brave to drive so far alone. She says she has emerged into the light from a gulag! :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Lisa, Thank you for setting up the opportunity for venting for those who find that practice therapeutic. I took a look at it for the first time this morning and saw how many posts there were on so many different topics. I read just enough to remind me why I'm glad we don't have such discussions on this thread. When someone is venting, they are likely to believe that others who are reading their words are of the same mind and will welcome hearing what they say when, in fact, there will be many who not only don't agree with them, but are hurt and sad by what they say. I strongly believe in free speech and the rights of all to speak their minds, but I believe also in my right to not have to listen. I don't watch the news or read the paper but I will defend to the end, the importance of the press.

<3Allie, I'm sorry to hear that there is a roadblock to your dream. As you wait, you can continue to clean and organize your possessions and assess your finances so when the door or window opens, you'll be physically and emotionally ready to go through it.

:) Jake used his Ninja Foodie the last two days to make hot dogs and buns that taste like they were grilled outdoors. Today he'll fix the chuck roast with multi-colored potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery. He has been watching lots of cooking videos in preparation.

:) I just keep on walking dogs, dancing,working in the yard, riding my exercise bike, knitting, and attending Zoom meetings. Don't do much housework.

:) Temps here are in the 60's during the day, 50's at night with occasional light rain.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Hmmmm…this is not true for me. I don't assume that others reading my rants agree with me. I do try to remember that when other people vent, it is not about me, it is not personal, and the opinion may well be something I disagree with. But that's OK with me. I don't find it hurtful or sad to read strongly worded opinions that differ from my beliefs. I find it interesting. I realize not everyone is like me. Thus, I am very grateful for the Group Lisa set up, where I can feel free to opine without worrying if I am stepping on somebody's toes. :)

Karen in VIrginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    (((Allie))) So sorry.
  • Loumarberts
    Loumarberts Posts: 22 Member
    Hello all! We are sweating pounds off here, humidity makes the workout feel like it is lasting all day. :)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,435 Member
    Yummy Barbie!
    I prepped my meal at 10:30 am for noon fixing! Wild rice, broth, shiitake mushrooms, and a splash of shiitake mushroom dressing. When I plated up I added some blue cheese crumbles.💖. Also had a bagel with slices of pepper jack cheese, a cup of guacamole and tomato/olives/ and a splash of shiitake mushroom dressing. Dessert was a Big Fig raspberry bar and coffee.👍
    💖Rebecca
    x8gui9jo83cm.jpg
  • Katla49
    o:)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Allie ~ I was just wondering....perhaps you could explore opportunities on one of the other beaches close to Sanibel Island and then you would be close enough to visit it often. The cost of living might be better also.

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Yes Carol your right,i asked a friend who is a real estate agent in the North Port area that i have known for years
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    :)
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Allie, I am a firm believer in there being a reason for everything, so I believe that, for you, moving to Sanibel at this time was not the right thing. This means, of course, that there is something better coming along for you.
    Kim, snowman curtains in July! LOL
    Pip, sounds like you and Kirby did okay. I agree that it's sometimes better to just bite the bullet and take what is offered, rather than have to run around and try to get things done that you won't benefit from. I'm sure you're right, the person who is buying it is probably going to fix and flip, but you will be doing your own thing by then, so more power to the flipper! I'm so excited for you two starting the next chapter of your lives! :) Happy Birthday to Kirby!
    Stepped on the scale this morning, it was a good day! Not official wi day, tho, so no marking that weight down, hope I can keep this up til Tuesday! I have not been snacking at night, this is a huge problem of mine, so I am happy to be in control of it, so far anyway. I have been staying at least close to my calorie goal every day. I rode my bike to work yesterday and today, but now it's kind of raining, and I'm not tough like Pip and Machka so I may be calling hubby to come and get me. Still close to 3 hours til quitting time, tho, so the weather could change a few times between now and then so we shall wait and see.....
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island