Initial Introductions

MsAdventure19
MsAdventure19 Posts: 104 Member
Go ahead and use this space to introduce yourself to the group. What brings you here? What are your goals? What are you looking for from this group?

I'm annabelle and I just turned 40 years old. I've never been terribly athletic and I've always been a bit overweight, but active and happy in my body. About 5 years ago I was working more than full-time and going to graduate school full time and I got way out of balance with my health. I was very, very out of shape and gained a lot of weight. In 2017 I reached my highest weight of my life - 256 lbs. - and I started using MFP to track meals and exercise and try to make some positive changes.

It has not been a perfect path by any means, but I have lost about 46 lbs since then (currently 209) and would very much like work my way out of the obese bmi range. My next short term goal is to get to 185 lbs.

I am not looking to have some kind of "picture perfect" body - I don't buy into all of that hype and I don't want to be at odds with my own body. I try not to think about weight loss as a battle; I don't want to fight with my body. I do want to feel comfortable riding my bike, hiking, and being active and I want to continue to cultivate a healthy relationship with food.

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,270 Member
    I'm 54 and weigh 210. I've been struggling for about 2 yrs to get out of the 200s. I'm using this quarantine to get focused on my health and well being without the stress of working since I am working remotely too.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,599 Member
    I started out doing MFP 1/17 @ 314.4 Back in June I was at 235.0. Then I had knee surgery. Went up to 240. Then 3 weeks ago I broke my foot. I'm up to 249.0 .So I hope to be able to get this weight back off and hit my 1St goal of 199.0.
  • MsAdventure19
    Wow! I know you must be frustrated with your recent set backs and health issues, but I have to say that I am super impressed with how far you have come overall! That’s amazing! I always have to remind myself to go slow to go fast - I’m sure that’s extra true for you right now while you rest and rehab your body. Glad to have you here and feel free to invite others - I’ve never tried to organize an online community like this, but the old group was helpful, so I thought I’d give it a try.
  • MsAdventure19
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    I'm 54 and weigh 210. I've been struggling for about 2 yrs to get out of the 200s. I'm using this quarantine to get focused on my health and well being without the stress of working since I am working remotely too.

Yay! Welcome to our little group! I’m with you - right there within sight of that 1 at the front of the scale but haven’t quite been able to get there yet. But, I’m determined and I’m learning to be patient and consistent as well. One day at a time!
  • stella7x7
    Wow! I know you must be frustrated with your recent set backs and health issues, but I have to say that I am super impressed with how far you have come overall! That’s amazing! I always have to remind myself to go slow to go fast - I’m sure that’s extra true for you right now while you rest and rehab your body. Glad to have you here and feel free to invite others - I’ve never tried to organize an online community like this, but the old group was helpful, so I thought I’d give it a try.

Thank you. I'm glad you did start group. I just hope the other group leader is ok. I was sad to see it stop being active. 🤗
  • stella7x7
    I thought I should also say, my name is Alyson. I'm 51y/o and 5'2. The 1/17 is Jan. 2017 just for clarification.
  • aadaria
    aadaria Posts: 9 Member
    Hey everyone! I didn't see that I was added to this group and ultimately kind of forgot about it.

I'm Shelby, 36 years old 5'5 and currently at 210 lbs. I've been doing Keto for the past year and have lost 65 pounds. I'm dying to get into the 100's and I'm so close. I've only lost about 5 lbs in the last 2 months so I'm definitely looking for some motivation. :)
  • MsAdventure19
    Welcome, Shelby! Glad to have you and hope we can help you stay motivated!!
  • bdavis11758
    bdavis11758 Posts: 45 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm Barb, 61 years old and currently at 187. I have gone up and down in my weight for many years. I had lost 45 pounds and then gained all of it back. Started back on my diet last month and am down 8 pounds. Really need accountability and support on this journey. My ultimate goal weight is 135.
  • MsAdventure19
    Welcome to the group! It sounds Iike you’ve had successful re-start, which is really impressive. Feel free to add to any of the discussions, especially setting a mini goal for August 1-15th - it definitely helps me with accountability to set short term goals, share them here and report back on progress. Glad you’re here!