Mini Challenge: starting July 1st --> drop 5 pounds by July 30th!

2»

Replies

• detradearmas53
    detradearmas53 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in.
    Starting at 244 lbs.
    Diet I'm going to use to accomplish this: starch solution. I will drink water or tea.
    Exercise: walking, or swimming daily.
    Looking to increase from 1 mile a day to hiking 5 miles with pack.
    I will read goal of 5 lb loss for this month daily.
    Weakness: veggie pizza, impossible burger with fries, and coke zero.

Every journey starts with 1 step foward.

• Funk7
    Funk7 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello!
    A great challenge. Just seen this, but would like to join in
    Joined MFP a few years ago but haven't logged in for years and never tracked consistently, as also do WW but calorie counting or tracking or any tracking will be good for me! 10 years lost weight fooling myself by doing lots of workouts and activity never tracked food but now thats doesn't work and I need to track and be aware of how much I put in my body.

I cant do much exercise right now due to ankle injury since 2 months -calcification of ankle -so its bony lump painful.

My weakness is: sugar about once or twice a week I'll binge on ice cream or anything sweet like chocolate (and tried 70% dark chocolate but still need the sweet stuff, but apart from that enjoy cooking home cooked meals.
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    It’s the 4th of July holiday here in the USA, stay-at-home edition. We have a rooftop terrace and are hoping to catch some of the NYC fireworks up there tonight. I’ve tracked a couple of glasses of wine in advance and planning to do a spread of veggies, crackers and cheese. Heavy on the veggies for me. Anyone else have plans?
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    I'm in for this. Starting at 208lbs.
  • rickc74
    How is everyone progressing so far?
    I've been doing pretty good with exercising, eating well and logging. Weighed in at 206 this morning, so two pounds down.
  • skbrodie
    skbrodie Posts: 81 Member
    rickc74 wrote: »
    How is everyone progressing so far?
    I've been doing pretty good with exercising, eating well and logging. Weighed in at 206 this morning, so two pounds down.

I'm down about 4 pounds! I just started a couple of weeks ago though so I expected to lose quickly at first.
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    I'm in :)
  • donidaily
    Great stuff @rickc74 & @skbrodie!

I started the month 169.8 and this morning weighed in 165.9 so things are heading in the right direction. Something that has really been working for me in the heat (NYC in the summer 🥵) has been to factor in a lil ice cream every day that I eat in the evening. I usually have a TJs raspberry cream bar or mochi for 70-80 calories. I track it first thing and knowing I will have it at the end of the day usually keeps me away from too many other sweets and snacks.
  • rickc74
    That's awesome. When I lost weight a few years ago, I always planned some kind of treat into my daily calories. I feel the same, knowing that I'm having some kind of treat helps keep me from panic eating sweets.
    2.5lbs down as of this morning, so halfway there.
  • helikumar2019
    helikumar2019 Posts: 10 Member
    I lost 3 pounds in the last 3 weeks...
    I'm really happy!🎉💪🏻
  • donidaily
    Still working on this! I weigh in on Fridays and lost .7 this week. Every loss is a good loss in my book. Have a great weekend 🌞
  • Funk7
    Funk7 Posts: 4 Member
    I couldn't find this thread again ..so had to do a search..I initially lost 1kg (2.2lbs) but then gained 1.6kg back...so hoping to be more consistent in my tracking..(sneaky check right now reveals I lost that 1.6Kg again so Im going to have to push further in the last 2 weeks to get a loss , rather than lose, gain, re lose it = stay the same :D

I'm hoping by end of month I can lose at least 3lbs (I know this challenge is 5lbs ) so that's my minimum I'm hoping for as I gained weight in middle. If I make 5lbs that'd be great!

How is everyone else doing?

(P.s there a way to book mark this thread -as I really can't find it each time as its not listed under Challenges Category)
  • donidaily
    I am hanging in there! It is now officially too hot in NYC to turn the oven on so have been trying to cook more salads and quick pastas, things that don't heat up the whole apartment 🥵 It's actually good to change things up I think. Also admittedly getting a little more takeout but keeping within calories. I think I'm on track for the challenge :blush:
  • helikumar2019
    July 23th for me already, how are you going guys?
    Not possible for me to exercise every day, but I keep on improving.
    My sugar is in control, I'm losing weight, but specially cm! 8 cm in my waist 🙂 I'm really happy.
    And I'm trying to keep on mind that this is a way of living, I'm not in diet.
    I will check my weight in 2 days, and I hope this challenge 💪🏻 is done!
  • chupacabragumbo
    chupacabragumbo Posts: 31 Member
    I weighed myself on 7/21, and I was 221.7, which is 6lbs down from my July start weight!
    Woo! Heck yeah.
    Challenge complete :blush:
  • donidaily
    donidaily wrote: »
    I'm 5'9, start weight in May was 184.6. I had gained 12lb in the first two months of the pandemic! (I got stranded abroad and was totally stressed out, home now.) Yesterday started the month on 169.8. My ultimate goal is 159. Look forward to chatting with you all this month, let's go!

Weekly weigh in this morning was 163.7, 6.1lb lost!
  • helikumar2019
    July is almost over!!!
    We can do this!
  • helikumar2019
    July is officially finished!
    Final losses 3 kilograms. (6.6 pounds)
    Challenge fulfilled!💪🏻💪🏻

Still on the way ☺️
  • donidaily
    I started this challenge on 169.8. Today: 161.9. Challenge complete!
    Congrats to everyone who kept going.