What do you think of eating only 2 meals a day?

Hello Everyone

My goal is to lose fat. I have failed so many times!! I failed because I snack a lot and then this makes me wanna eat more and more. Yesterday I did 16/8 IF 2 meals a day for the first time. I felt really good! I wanna do this everyday. I had brunch around noon and I had my dinner at 7pm. I did not snack in between. I wasn’t hungry. For the first time I felt I can eat this way forever. The thing is I don’t know if eating 2 meals a day is healthy.
Pls advise me x

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Whatever works for you within your calorie budget. Unless there’s a medical reason for eating schedule.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    What time you eat, how many times you eat, and the relative sizes of meals has no long term effect on weight loss. Therefore, do what works for you. Figuring that out will take trial and error.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    This works for some people. Not for all. Personally - its not for me. But I have a cousin who loves it, and her blood sugar levels and some other medical conditions have improved as a result of it.
  • SeanD2407
    SeanD2407 Posts: 139 Member
    2 meals a day or 10 meals a day. Doesn't matter. deficit matters. Do what works for you.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I think it sounds awful. I eat 4 meals a day, and sometimes I snack in between.

But it doesn’t matter what I do.

What matters is if it works for you! Try it! If it really does help you, keep doing it.
    And best of luck!
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    I’ve been doing one meal a day (OMAD) for a month now and love it. It’s all about finding something that works for you.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    When you eat, how many meals you break your food into...none of that really matters. Just do whatever works for you. 2 meals isn’t healthier or less healthy than any other number of meals.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    I usually only eat one to two. Some people eat 5 or 6. If you're getting enough calories and nutrition, the number of meals is arbitrary.
  • Nevergiveup_mfp2020
    Nevergiveup_mfp2020 Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you everyone for the replies x
    Im gonna continue to eat 2 meals a day☺️
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    I used to make myself eat breakfast, I believed the ol “most important meal of the day” idea. However I naturally am not hungry in the morning. So about a year ago I stopped eating breakfast and have only coffee until lunch. Never been happier and I get more calories for later in the day.

Do what works for you!!
  • MHarper522
    MHarper522 Posts: 108 Member
    I eat one meal a day - except on Sundays where I eat the normal 3 meals, because it's a full day I spent with my family and I enjoy the shared meals.

It helps with controlling my calories, and my personal experience is that it has helped with limiting my inflammation (I have psoriatic arthritis). It also simplifies things since I'm gluten intolerant and have to really be careful with what I eat.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    I have coffee in the mornings ...then lunch and dinner...and sometimes nuts or ice coffee or a fruit smoothie for my munchies
  • dawkson2017
    dawkson2017 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi.... I have a pot of black coffee on waking, a meal at 10 am ish, and a meal finished by 4pm ish. Kitchen cleaned up by 5pm. A pot of black tea for the rest of the night. No snacks, no treats. Daily calorie count average over a week is 1200 cals. Current weight: 52kg.... height: 5' 2" (157cm).
    Works for me..... it does help that we are in Stay at home orders, and I live by myself....if you dont buy it, you cant eat it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    2 meals a day is fine. That's what I do. No breakfast, just lunch and dinner. I do have snacks, but I'm well within my calorie deficit each day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    For the last week I’ve started going vegan keto just for fun for the next month and have noticed after lunch I’m just not hungry so For the last few days I’ve eaten all my calories for breakfast and lunch with a tad left over for an afternoon snack. I feel much more satiated
  • Annie42019
    Annie42019 Posts: 85 Member
    edited July 2020
    To me nothing would be more unsustainable than splitting my calories over three meals a day. I started this with a strict no eating before noon policy. I save most of my calories 800-1000 for dinner ( out of 1250). This has worked beautifully for me. 75 pounds gone in 10 months. On maintenance for over a year. (I have one day a week where I eat 1800-2200 calories but otherwise stick to 1250). Works for me.
  • jajenkins1978
    jajenkins1978 Posts: 24 Member
    I've been doing a 14 hour intermittent fast each day. So, I think it's totally doable. Just make sure that you aren't starving your body of nutrients. Good luck on your journey!