Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Steph...you funny! I think we like the same kinds of foods. I 90% of the time never ear packaged foods but that is such an easssssssy side! It only takes 90 seconds to warm up. That way I pretty much only have to cook and prepare a protein and veggie. They have it at Kroger and sprouts. I think I make it once a week now >:)
    bb8qdi4ucspt.jpg
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    edited July 2020
    OH DUDEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

A: I love that kind stuff - I'm not into a ton of prepackaged stuff either but this kinda stuff I'm ALL ABOUT!!!! I have 18 diff flavors of ready heat rice for Cedric :D

B: Quinoa is my JAM!!!! I sneak those f-ers into EVERYTHING!!!! Well-rounded source of protein and has all 13 essential amino acidsssssssssssss <3

C: That brand (Seeds of Change) I get a lot of coupon deals for so I've been REAL into their garlic starters and stuff :)
  • katjustkat
    Nice you get coupons for that brand because it does get expensive. I normally will mix in some frozen peas and corn to get some veggies in, then can toss in some cubed chicken breast to make a complete easy dinner. 18 flavors of ready rice :D I didn't even know that existed but...cooking rice is a pain....mine usually comes out too mushy.
    I need some short cuts because I cook dinner normally 6 days a week. Today, Wednesday is my day off. We went to our daughters house to help her out with some stuff in 97 degree weather. On the way home I got chick fil-a Spicy chicken sandwich and fries. Then I had a handful of chocolate chips and a few bites of a whole grain roll. No pic because I kind of mindlessly gobbled it down :# . Hope everyone had a great omad day or fast day.
  • mistymeadows2005
    LMAO 18 might be a slight exaggerating :D But I do probably have like 6 or 8 diff flavors :)
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    I love those packaged rice mixes! Mmmm. Now I think I might need to incorporate one of them into a dinner next week.
  • katjustkat
    Steph...Haha....most of the time my brain thinks so literally. Then I gotta just roll my eyes at myself and shake my head. Too funny.
    Leah...uhhh yeah omg I get so excited by an easy side dish. It's hard to come up with dinner ideas alllllll the time. I need to write out some menus...problem is I like to think of what I feel like having on the day...So I shop almost everyday.
    I had another cup of coffee with cream at 2 pm....I don't like doing that but it def saved me from much worse. No clue why I caved...probably being home and stressed. If I was out it woulda been non existent.
    OMAD at 5 was a baked potato/sour cream. broccoli, steak ( cut half...was too big) & black berries for dessert. Im full...Hope everyone felt good today. Remember omad has a whole lot more benefits than just weight loss. That gives me strength sometimes.
    c85i3y5hwgw0.jpg
  • Leah_62803
    You just reminded me that I had a dream about coffee last night! Lol! What a weird thing to dream about. I am 36 years old and had never had coffee but finally tried it earlier this year...and I hate black coffee with a passion. Unfortunately, the only way I like it is with lots of sugar and cream. Preferably frozen with caramel drizzle and whipped cream in a McDonald’s cup. :D:D:D
    Anyway, so last night I dreamt that I was going to drink a cup of coffee and I was trying to decide how much sugar and cream I could put in it to make it taste good but not sabotage my diet.

Very yummy looking dinner! I’d need like 3 plates of it. Lol. I planted blackberry bushes in my backyard a few months ago! Hopefully I get a good crop next year.
  • katjustkat
    Leah: Up until we had kids hubby would always bring me coffee in bed. I drank it with cream and sugar. One day he asked if I could just try drinking it black because it would be less of a pain to bring it. So I tried and didn't like it and he said to give it three days. I did and I got used to it. Only have cream in it for a special craving. I def prefer my morning coffee black now. It takes getting used to that's for sure. He still asks me if I'd like him to bring me a cup but most days I'm up before him :0) You're lucky you don't really like coffee because it's kind of a pain to consistently want something daily. I just have one cup but....
    Blackberry bush, oh my gosh that's my daughters dream! We use to go to Oregon every summer and we would go to Sauvie's Island and pick buckets full and they would stuff their faces full and then we would make a big cobbler. Yummmmmm....Hubby's mom had a raspberry and blackberry bush at her house in Portland, Oregon and the kids would just sit there and fill their faces. Good luck and it should be fun!
    Had lasagna, salad and garlic bread for dinner. Fresh cherries for dessert. Can't believe it's Friday again! I had strong hunger pains this afternoon and I didn't like it :s Weekends are usually easier for me. Hope everyone is well! Have a good weekend :0)
    fa8k3yj14gq3.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Went to help our daughter again today. She conveniently lives by our favorite pizza place. It's called pizzeria locale. It's a test kitchen restaurant for Chipotle. So of course that's what we got for dinner. Had the pizza and some fresh cherries for dessert. OMAD is sooooo much easier for me when I'm not at home all day long. Stuffed again. Days going by wayyyyyy too quickly! Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and....remember to not let your guard down to our invisible enemy. I can tell you first hand it can really get you good :(
    Pizza is cold in the pic but it's dang good reheated. >:)
    c6gvwnp73ibn.jpg
  • Leah_62803
    Yummy!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Can't stop drooling when I look at your food photo..yummo! :yum:
  • katjustkat
    Leah and JP...that's probably my favorite pizza in the US.
    Today I ate on the run again. Had a chipotle burrito and some cherries when I got home. I think I'm a cherry aholic. I can't get enough of them.
    I took pic of the burrito but it didn't look very appetizing. Tomorrow I'll cook lol.
    Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend.
  • Leah_62803
    You know, I don’t think I’ve ever had fresh cherries. Isn’t that weird? I remember being a kid and wanting some at the store and my dad told me that I wouldn’t like them. Now I’m 36 years old and have still never had one.
    I did eat a few blackberries off the bushes I planted. They weren’t great...lol. Hopefully they taste better and we get more next year.
  • Leah_62803
    Bought some cherries! They are yummy! My 4 year old loves them.
    Thanks!
  • katjustkat
    Leah...that's funny that you never had a cherry! Maybe the only person in the world...you shoulda checked Guiness world records before you ruined your record :D . When they're good they're reallllllly good. Look for the darkest, biggest and hardest ones (cherries lol)...that's the good ones! I just had some again tonight for dessert.
    Omad was cod in purgatory sauce, mashed potatoes & brussel sprouts. It's usually 'eggs in purgatory' if you want to look it up. Anyways I'm stuffed. Was in front of the computer all day watching stocks. I gotta get more steps in.
    Hope everyone is doing well :0)
    ujyqxnhm4jkr.jpg
  • mistymeadows2005
    Fresh cherries are AMAZING!!!! Also Leah, why not use Splenda instead of sugar in your coffee? Tastes EXACTLY the same, drops out all the cals except for the creamer which is GENERALLY relatively low carb (unless you get teh sugar laden flavored stuff which I ALSO love LOL) so eliminating just the sugar element should allow you to have some :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Yes, fresh cherries... totally yum🍒 I can never say no to a cherry pie.. yummo😍
  • Leah_62803
    Fresh cherries are AMAZING!!!! Also Leah, why not use Splenda instead of sugar in your coffee? Tastes EXACTLY the same, drops out all the cals except for the creamer which is GENERALLY relatively low carb (unless you get teh sugar laden flavored stuff which I ALSO love LOL) so eliminating just the sugar element should allow you to have some :)

It's fine! I've only had coffee like 5 times in my life so it's not something that I need. If I get a craving for it, I'll try the splenda thing.

• Leah_62803
    I generally don't like fish but that looks delicious! I really want some mashed potatoes now...
  • katjustkat
    Yes...if anyone is interested, the liquid 'Splenda Zero' (small black plastic container) has zero weird fake taste. I can't distinguish it from sugar and it's def not easy to fake these taste buds out. 'Splenda liquid' looks almost the same but I can detect the fakeness in it, just a tinge. I may have a photo to add.
    Leah, we usually make that with cracked eggs. It's super tasty. The fish...it kind of just masks fish...kind of like a bouillabaisse. We're trying to not eat too much red meat and hardly any pork so it doesn't leave a lot of proteins to choose from. Watch...my next 5 meals will be beef now lol...
    Omad today was: chicken milanese, ravioli and salad. Had some honeydew melon for dessert. Fruit has been so good and sweet the last couple weeks.
    I caved and had a protein shake around 2:30 ruhhhhh ohhhhh. Going out with daughter tomorrow so that's much easier for me to not eat when I'm out and about.
    Hope everyone is feeling well and just carrying on :0)
    cio7qq69592l.jpg
    cpml48a2w7m7.jpg