What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/hy/hpv2ko98ypgx.png[/img ....vanilla ice cream, toasted sesame, dehydrated sweet potato and miso caramel sauce. This dessert sounds absolutely unique and SO yum! What is the way you dehydrate the s.potato? Do you actually use a dehydrator? And the toppings...😋[/img]
  • joshchapo
    joshchapo Posts: 186 Member
    Pan Seared Seasoned Salmon with Parmesan Topped Habanero Mango and Red Pepper Veggies

ljfom7kfcv87.jpg

Another great appetizing plate!!
    Perfectly looking salmon 😋.
    Looks like a plate from fine dining
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/hy/hpv2ko98ypgx.png[/img ....vanilla ice cream, toasted sesame, dehydrated sweet potato and miso caramel sauce. This dessert sounds absolutely unique and SO yum! What is the way you dehydrate the s.potato? Do you actually use a dehydrator? And the toppings...😋[/img]

This dessert was divine when I first ate it at a Yakitori restaurant in London. Picture of the original at the bottom of this review.
    https://pickyglutton.com/2015/12/28/jidori-review-dalston-yakitori/

In the restaurant version the sweet potato crisps were deep fried. At home, I spiralized the sweet potato and put them in 10 hours in the dehydrator. You could probably use a very low oven with the door propped ajar with a piece of cutlery or on the lowest setting of the air fryer if you have one. If you don't have a spiralizer you could coarsely grate the sweet potato. The original restaurant dessert also contained some finely chopped candied ginger, which I personally found a little too dominating.

This is the miso caramel sauce recipe I used.
    https://food52.com/recipes/18618-miso-caramel
  • PAPYRUS3
    @acpgee:
    wpgpdo1ftz8a.png

"....vanilla ice cream, toasted sesame, dehydrated sweet potato and miso caramel sauce."

This dessert sounds absolutely unique and SO yum! What is the way you dehydrate the s.potato? Do you actually use a dehydrator? And the toppings...😋

• acpgee
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @acpgee:

"....vanilla ice cream, toasted sesame, dehydrated sweet potato and miso caramel sauce."

This dessert sounds absolutely unique and SO yum! What is the way you dehydrate the s.potato? Do you actually use a dehydrator? And the toppings...😋

When I ate this in a restaurant the sweet potato chips were deep fried. At home I spiralized the sweet potato and threw it in the dehydrator for 10 hours. You could also use a fan oven set on low or an air fryer at the lowest temperature. I don't think deep frying is necessary as the main purpose of the chips is to provide some brittle texture to an otherwise soft dessert. Similar effect could be achieved with store bought banana or beetroot chips.

Sesame toasted in a dry skillet until they start to pop. Swirl the pan while seeds are heating up.

Miso caramel sauce was this recipe. I used coconut cream instead of dairy because that was what I had lying around the fridge. Next time I will use half the water which will make it easier to take the caramel to my preferred level of complexity--quite dark and slightly bitter. The recipe's large quantity of water meant it took ages to get my caramel dark. Instead of miso any salty umami ingredient such as marmite or soy sauce could be interesting.
    https://food52.com/recipes/18618-miso-caramel

• acpgee
    @PAPYRUS3
    You can freeze leftover miso caramel sauce. It doesn't freeze really hard. Soften in the microwave when you want to use some. A little drizzle is great for pimping up mundane fruits such as sliced banana or sliced apple.
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Tonight is last night before self quarantine for two weeks prior to minor surgery. Went out for pizza.
    3oybpkcia0y8.jpeg

Glad to see someone besides me who likes anchovies! Those pizzas look tasty. Sorry you have to quarantine, but I understand why.
  • PAPYRUS3
    @PAPYRUS3
    You can freeze leftover miso caramel sauce. It doesn't freeze really hard. Soften in the microwave when you want to use some. A little drizzle is great for pimping up mundane fruits such as sliced banana or sliced apple.

Thanks for your info...that combination in your dessert all just sounded so good!😍
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    MistressPi wrote: »
    Tonight is last night before self quarantine for two weeks prior to minor surgery. Went out for pizza.
    3oybpkcia0y8.jpeg

Glad to see someone besides me who likes anchovies! Those pizzas look tasty. Sorry you have to quarantine, but I understand why.

I looove anchovies!!!! Yay @acpgee & @MistressPi
    ☺️☺️☺️
  • acpgee
    MistressPi wrote: »

If you are an anchovy lover I recommend this dish. It's given here as a starter but a traditional bagna cauda peasant meal would involve dipping the raw veg in the oily anchovy/garlic sauce using bread to help transport dipped veg from communal pot back to own plate. When the bread was soaked that would have been eaten too. At the end of the meal, eggs would be scrambled in the dreggs of the sauce.

https://www.saveur.com/article/recipes/marcella-hazans-bagna-cauda-anchovy-and-garlic-dip/
  • joshchapo
    joshchapo Posts: 186 Member
    9tozvmpvh81h.jpeg

Shrimp over steamed rice with 1/2 side of turkey breast and chicken breast

• BackwoodsDarlin
    BackwoodsDarlin Posts: 109 Member
    Today's lunch I made...

Creamy Shrimp, Avocado, Tomato and Onion Salad with Spicy Sweet Chili Tortilla Chips

Perfect for a hot day like today

n1aviingqsa4.jpg
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Tonight's supper, i cooked...

Pan-Seared Seasoned Quail Breasts alongside Parmesan Topped Habanero Mango and Red Pepper CauliRice with Bell Peppers and Onions

3qdszzq7h4sw.jpg

Oh I want this! I love quail.