Do you eat burned calories?

I eat around 1840cals a day while also doing an hour on the treadmill and recently started doing the Chloe Ting 4 week program.

I burn around 300-500cals 6 days a week
But I don't track them on MFP cause I didn't want to be tempted to re-eat the calories.
The last week I've been struggling with not binging, which usually happens when I'm not eating enough or feel too restricted.
So I'm not really sure what to do.
I stopped counting my exercise cause I felt concerned eating over 2k cals a day.
But I'm also worried I'm not eating enough now and causing myself to binge eat.

Replies

• Taylor9786
    Taylor9786 Posts: 2 Member
    If you’re still hungry I’d say eat those calories but if you’re not hungry don’t force feed yourself. I ended up with 339 extra calories after my work out and eating dinner but am full.
  • GeneralSTpower
    GeneralSTpower Posts: 25 Member
    I'd say it also depends on how you've spread out the calories over the day. Throw in a few more veggies if you want to increase your calorie intake. They'll keep you full and hinder your cravings.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Taylor9786 wrote: »
    If you’re still hungry I’d say eat those calories but if you’re not hungry don’t force feed yourself. I ended up with 339 extra calories after my work out and eating dinner but am full.

Hunger is not always a reliable guide to when we need additional food. For some people, consistently adding an additional 339 calories to their deficit wouldn't be healthy (and for others, it wouldn't be a big deal).
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    Well, we know zip about you.

What is your current weight and how tall are you? What's your age?

Are you male or female?

1840 - how did you get that number? What did you tell this app for your goals? "Lose 1 pound per week," is the recommendation, and then set a daily Activity Level that is as accurate as you can.

Log food and exercise and eat the "earned" exercise calories.

That is how this website is set up. It uses the Mifflin St. Jeor calculator. You can Google for an explanation of how it works.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    I would further suggest that if you are under eating and legitimately hungry, always listen to that. Under eating can create a lot of problems.

But it's also possible you may need to look at WHAT you're eating. I've been at my maintenance weight for years but still today If I eat too many carbs like bread or sugary stuff I am hungry again quickly. If I keep my protein and fiber up, my hunger is far less.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I eat around 1840cals a day while also doing an hour on the treadmill and recently started doing the Chloe Ting 4 week program.

I burn around 300-500cals 6 days a week
    But I don't track them on MFP cause I didn't want to be tempted to re-eat the calories.
    The last week I've been struggling with not binging, which usually happens when I'm not eating enough or feel too restricted.
    So I'm not really sure what to do.
    I stopped counting my exercise cause I felt concerned eating over 2k cals a day.
    But I'm also worried I'm not eating enough now and causing myself to binge eat.

If you know you are burning 300-500 calories 6 days a week where do you think that energy comes from? Your body doesn't sense exercise and somehow stop burning energy to perform it. All of your exercise and all of your daily routines like brushing your teeth, showering, checking your mail, fiddling with your phone, waving at a neighbor, etc adds to your total energy demands. That energy must either be supplied by food or taken from energy reserves in your body. If you are trying to lose weight you want your body to be in a slight deficit so that it targets fat for the reserves. If you are in an aggressive deficit your body may use fat and muscle. Usually if you are in an aggressive deficit for long your self-defense mechanisms kick in and you find yourself wanting to eat everything in sight. This may happen after a few days or a few weeks. You may feel great until you don't.
  • Lynatea
    Lynatea Posts: 311 Member
    OP hasn't logged back in since July 8
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    She hasn't come back to the forum, but has logged (some) food for the last couple of days. At least I hope she's only logged 'some' food, otherwise she's under-eating by quite a bit.
  • JazzyJewel1969
    JazzyJewel1969 Posts: 31 Member
    I do eat a healthy protein a hour after I work out.. But I try not to over do it!! But EVERYONE's Body is different too!!!
  • AnimeGirlThighs
    AnimeGirlThighs Posts: 7 Member
    Sorry, I forgot I posted here!

I still haven't decided if I should eat back the calories.
    But after reading this, I'm thinking maybe?
    My hair has been falling out a concerning amount, not sure if that's from under eating or some other deficiency.
    Not sure why it's showing up as me not logging, I log everyday besides the days I binge (but I usually put in my notes what I binged on) it's more a visual thing of me not wanting to see what I ate, so I put it in the food notes to hide it lmao.
    That or I broke my phone for a few days so couldn't log on those.

For the people who asked why I'm scared to eat 2k calories, I have bulimia, which when I feel I've eaten too much I get scared of gaining my weight I've lost back and purge it.
    So it's more 2k is like "my oh you've gone too far" number.
    But I've been working on that, and having purged in a few weeks.

I usually average 1600cals plus my 70min walk everyday.
    And whatever else bodyweight exercises.

But lately I've been worried that's too much, I'm not really sure what my activity level should be.

Thank you for all the comments (:
  • AnimeGirlThighs
    AnimeGirlThighs Posts: 7 Member
    Not really, since I started upping my calories my hair isn't falling out as much, I think it was just a nutrition thing.