How do you manage stress?

cycle_queen
cycle_queen Posts: 49 Member
What are some things that you do that help you manage stress? I love to meditate, foot roll and walk my dog.

Replies

• NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Errrrrrrr ;)
  • RUDYG5K
    RUDYG5K Posts: 13 Member
    Hi everyone
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    I don't stress easy, usually when I do it's because of an overly tight schedule or a big project that just seems really daunting. So, for me, making a schedule or plan really helps out.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    To quote one of my favorite shows, not well *kitten* 😅
  • Unicornmama612
    Unicornmama612 Posts: 4 Member
    Meditation, getting outside even for five minutes, drink a cup of tea. Quarantine has taught me how much I love to just go on a drive with no destination or purpose. I live in the same region where I grew up and just driving has shown me all these beautiful spaces I didn’t know existed.
  • tmac68w
    tmac68w Posts: 19 Member
    Jiu Jitsu and taking my atv out in the mud!
  • absandproteinshakes
    absandproteinshakes Posts: 159 Member
    Music. Removed all negative people in my life like literally gone. And the stress pretty much was gone like the wind 💨.
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    I live near tons of hiking trails and quiet beaches, so either one of those.

Splitting firewood. It has to be done anyway but hitting something over and over with a large axe while in pissed and not going to prison? It's pretty great.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Cycling, running. I'm a b*tchy nervous wreck after work until I get my cardio in.
  • popularkidrightnow
    popularkidrightnow Posts: 8 Member
    Go for walks or exercise at home. Get out of the house as much as possible
  • lando_rooney
    lando_rooney Posts: 450 Member
    For me it’s the gym for sure. Or just getting outside for a walk with some good music playing.
  • melissatwill
    melissatwill Posts: 246 Member
    Music!! I love to turn the radio up loud and dance around! Also wine.. lol..
  • SkoolGirl87
    SkoolGirl87 Posts: 41 Member
    Vent to someone I trust
    Self care (facial, nails, hair, long bubble bath)
    Listen to music
    Journal
    Watch Cartoons /Comedies
    Cook

• RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    edited July 2020
    I vent about everything (or listen to music really loudly) while I clean the house. Then read a book in a nice hot bath. Or cry it out. Yeah sometimes I cry.. alot..🥴😆😝
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member

alfred_e_neuman.jpg
  • salkavalka
    salkavalka Posts: 148 Member
    I clear my head by running or doing a killer workout. Makes it easier to deal with stress after clearing my head
  • FatToFitChaser
    FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
    I haven't found a way yet for it that consistently works. But usually I spend time alone when I am stressed and I kind of talk to my mind remindimg it all the challenging situations I dealt with and overcome in life until now and reminding myself as long as I breath there isn't anything I can't handle
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I eat. Not a healthy way to manage stress, I admit. But that is why I am here in the first place
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Terribly 😂
  • jdecker32356
    jdecker32356 Posts: 8 Member
    What are some things that you do that help you manage stress? I love to meditate, foot roll and walk my dog.
    I used to eat or go to a boyfriend for affection or call a friend for stress, I didn't realize I lived my life at SUCH a high level of freak out and was really high strung. Now I manage it by running most days (if I can do it without damaging my knees), cleaning my apartment, or studying languages (cause I'm a nerd who wants to learn Arabic). It also helps a lot that I got my finances in order, created a plan to achieve meaningful career goals, broke up with my bf, and moved from my old extremely *kitten* apartment with an evil landlord. Basically I changed my environment to fet rid of my biggest stressors. Focusing on work really helps too, but it has taken me a long time to expand my attention span to do this and I'm still working on it. I have found that drawing or painting or anything that involves sitting does not work for me. I think the best strategy I've employed is writing a list of to do items in the morning, and crossing everything off as I get through it in the day. Then I feel satisfied in the evenings.