Replies

• Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    Leezy55 wrote: »
    Please add me! Have to lose 40-50.
    Before MFP all time high 192, last summer made it down to 159, back up to 175 this year.

SW 168
    GW 125 ?
    MG 9/22 end of summer 148

6/1/2020 168

6/8 165.8

6/15/ 166.0

6/22 164.3

7/1 164

June loss 4 lbs. Half of what I wanted to lose but I'll take it. Work harder in July.
  • planktonbye
    planktonbye Posts: 58 Member
    Plus, I can tell I'm in better shape. Eight-ish weeks ago I started running, and could barely run for 90 seconds. Over the weekend I ran for 20 minute straight without walking, in 85+ degree heat. Heck. Yes. That's pretty cool, too.

You're a machine! I can WALK for 20 minutes, but I sure won't do it outside! I am from TX and I hate the heat.

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Well... first gain since March

Last week 198.6
    This week 199.8

Still in ONEDERLAND!!
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Last week's loss: 2lb!

That means I've lost a whisker under 20lb so far. (19.9lb to be precise, every 0.1lb matters!)

I'm 8.3lb away from "just being overweight". It's starting to feel more and more achievable!

Hope everyone's having a good day. :)
  • Leezy55
    Last week's loss: 2lb!

That means I've lost a whisker under 20lb so far. (19.9lb to be precise, every 0.1lb matters!)

I'm 8.3lb away from "just being overweight". It's starting to feel more and more achievable!

Hope everyone's having a good day. :)

Yeah!
  • Leezy55
    All time high 2019 prior MFP192

High 2020 174

June loss 4 lbs

7/1 164.0

7/8 162.4

7/15

7/22

7/29

8/1
  • signing_megs
    signing_megs Posts: 35 Member
    SW: 204.6 in May
    CW: 199.2
    Short term goal: 185 by the end of summer
    GW: 150
    CWL: -5.4

May change my short term goal to 195 by the end of summer. I have about a month left.
  • Sunnysouth92
    Sunnysouth92 Posts: 30 Member
    June 12th I was 239.1
    Today July 10th I am 230.9
    This last week I lost 3 1/2 lbs w intermittent fasting and keto. Didnt do perfect by any means but I think I'll keep on trying it. So encouraging to see the numbers move!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    I had a better week than last :)

Highest weight 242
    last week 199.8
    current 198.2
    Loss to date -43.8

• Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I had a better week than last :)

Highest weight 242
    last week 199.8
    current 198.2
    Loss to date -43.8

Congrats, you are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
  • thelastnightingale
    I lost .3lb this week. :neutral:

Trying not to get discouraged - I stuck rigidly to 1,200 calories and deserved a bigger loss, but period weight might be masking it. I'm hoping for a better result next week...

I thought I might end on a gain, so I suppose it's all good. Plus the 0.3 means I'm on the right side of 20lb lost to date. No need to round up. :)
  • Iamtheoracle
    Iamtheoracle Posts: 6 Member
    I've got 60 lbs to lose, and sure could use some nelp with accountability. This is the heaviest I have ever been, and now with the hypertension have developed early paroximal afib. Hypertension causing it, and that is what killed off my mother who ended up dying from congestive heart failure two years ago. I am not going to follow down that road anymore.
  • thelastnightingale
    edited July 2020
    I've got 60 lbs to lose, and sure could use some nelp with accountability. This is the heaviest I have ever been, and now with the hypertension have developed early paroximal afib. Hypertension causing it, and that is what killed off my mother who ended up dying from congestive heart failure two years ago. I am not going to follow down that road anymore.

@Iamtheoracle I'll give you a tip: a lot of people post in these forums looking for people to hold them accountable. You know what? That's not the solution.

Losing weight is really hard. It is. To lose more than a few pounds and keep it off, you need to find your motivation, and you need that motivation to really fuel you. We all have moments in which we think 'screw it, does it really matter if I...?' and come close to relapsing into our old unhealthy habits. And whilst we sometimes give in, and that's OK, the important thing is that for the most part, we don't. To survive those moments of 'screw it', we need to have a burning motivation that is stronger than anything else.

I'd suggest you've already found your motivation. Your heath has suffered, and you don't want to wind up like your mother. Remember that. If it helps, write down your reason for losing weight and stick it on the fridge. Whatever works for you. You just have to find a way of keeping it at the forefront of your mind.

In all those moments when you find the journey hard, you need to focus on that motivation because it's a really powerful reason in your case, and that's what is going to see you succeed. By all means post about how you're getting on, post when you're struggling, but the accountability that is going to see you get healthier and happier is the accountability to yourself, because you know you want to lose that 60lb to stay alive.

I wish you the absolute best of luck. I'm also losing weight for my health, and it's what keeps me going. Whenever the temptation to go over my calories is high, I take a deep breath and remember that not only am I doing this for me, and I matter, but that I'm doing this so I live longer, and that's worth more than the extra candy bar that I will regret about 30 seconds after polishing it off.

We've got this. :)
  • Sunnysouth92
    Sunnysouth92 Posts: 30 Member
    So discouraged. +1.4 this week when I excerised and dieted all week. Whats wrong with me?! Ive had pms symptoms a whole week and no period, on cycle day 36. I dont usually even get much pms. I am just aggravated 😒😒😔
  • thelastnightingale
    So discouraged. +1.4 this week when I excerised and dieted all week. Whats wrong with me?! Ive had pms symptoms a whole week and no period, on cycle day 36. I dont usually even get much pms. I am just aggravated 😒😒😔

Keep plugging away. My weight has been up and down for the last week and a half due to my period, but today I woke up after a good sleep and the scales had finally caught up to where they should be. It's really hard to keep going when you know you've hit your goal and the scales aren't reflective of that, but if you have eaten at a deficit all week, the scales will eventually realise that. Just might not show in real time.

Periods are the worst for messing with your head when it comes to weight loss. Rationally, you know they do crazy things to the scale, but the longer it goes on for, the harder it is to remember that.

You will get the result you want and deserve if you keep sticking to the plan. You're doing great. Don't let the hormones win!
  • aiyana1228
    aiyana1228 Posts: 100 Member
    SW:206 (2/2020)
    Today: 166
    Mini goal 159 (out of obese BMI)
    Goal:135