The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,188 Member
    Going to try again to ride up Going to the Sun Road on Friday. If I never post again, you'll know where to have them look for the body. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    vgsyuws5gdvj.jpg
  • sufferlandrian
    iyv85xarunrh.jpeg
    mjpi2m5umpqc.jpeg
    ifuzmfttzls7.jpeg

• sufferlandrian
    My ride up going to the sun road yesterday. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Most awesome pictures! You put a smile on my face today with those. I've been having a very difficult week. My MIL is refusing to take her puffers (preventative for asthma, which she is adamant she doesn't have), is obsessing about the $100 price tag for the new prescription (when she has over $6500 in her chequing account alone), and decided she was going to see if she could sell her puffers to someone else at her senior residence for half price to recoup some of her payment. OMG, talk about cognitive impairment. She phoned us 4 times in a couple hours to ask if the pharmacy was going to reimburse her. Finally we convinced her to give us the puffers (we are holding on to them for now) so we could 'safely dispose of them at the pharmacy.' Not sure how we are going to deal with this next week. Time for a call to her doctor, the community care nurses that help her take her medicine, and an apology on top for the poor pharmacists that have had to deal with her constant phoning and complaining about the price. She is 94 and really doesn't take much for medication except thyroid and prescribed vitamin supplements including iron. Maybe that's the 'problem', she will never actually reach the yearly threshold for prescriptions before the government kicks in to pay the rest of the year, because she isn't really on any other medications, so has no idea what drugs normally cost.
  • canadjineh
    edited June 2020
    Happy first day of Summer! It's been 27C here the past couple days.
    k3qzuqxlklkl.png
  • sufferlandrian
    @canadjineh - Really? She was going to sell them at the assisted care home? Like a senior pusher? Yep. Definitely the doctors need a call.
  • canadjineh
    Yep, really.... she did not quite understand that just because someone else uses a puffer, it might not be the same drug, or appropriate medication for the other person's condition. Scary. At least she was much better today, not as focused on this 'situation.' More like her normal self.
  • sufferlandrian
    If she's like my son, normal will only last until the next thing she fixates on. It can be really hard to deal with that. Bless you for being patient with her.
  • sufferlandrian
    This thread was so active just six months ago and now it's practically dead.
  • canadjineh
    Yeah, no kidding....maybe we are the last night shifters left alive on this planet :o . Or everyone else is in health care and just too freakin' busy with ventilators to be on their phones/tablet, etc. And nobody involved in policing wants to admit it ;)
    78pnudn3qzpu.png
  • sufferlandrian
    I'm so tired and I have a kicked by deer coming in. It's either going to be a complete disaster or just bruising. I'm hoping for the bruising.
  • canadjineh
    I hope it was just bruising!
  • sufferlandrian
    Lucked out. The deer attack was just bruising. The dog that jumped through the front window of the house had only minor lacerations. I hate fireworks. They are pretty and I really loved them as a kid, but if you’re going to launch them, have someone stay with the dog. If you know your neighbor is going to launch them, have someone stay with the dog.
  • sufferlandrian
    Not my finest night last night. Had a 14 yr old dog die under anesthesia. He was bloated so it had to be done, but I haven't lost one under anesthesia in a long time and I'm still struggling with it a bit.
  • canadjineh
    That's too bad, I'm sure he was someone's pet for a very long time, and that's hard for everyone including the 'doc.'
  • canadjineh
    Hubby went into the hospital orthopedic clinic today for his arm checkup, and the news is good, bones are healing up very well - now it's time to work on the hand and wrist ROM and strength. It looks a bit funny now that the partial cradle cast is off and it is only well wrapped with tensors for support. His arm is as skinny as mine almost (and I have pretty slim limbs - my wrist is 5.5 inches circumference) Once he starts to get some strength and agility back without pain we will be working on making it match his other one,
    jrn28mk7fd8o.png
    not a pic of him but the arms look similar, lol
  • sufferlandrian
    That's funny. It's amazing how fast your muscles can atrophy.
  • sufferlandrian
    Back into another 12 day stretch. Let’s add in trying to move the clinic from one building to another when we don’t have any days off. This is going to be interesting.
  • canadjineh
    You are going into a new building?? That's exciting! I hope it's a good move for you and your pet patients. More room, better layout, better location in your town?

Sheesh, it's been stinkin' hot here this past week... in the high 30's - up to 37C and blue sky sunny. I'd like to go to the beach but everyone else and the summer vacationers are there too, and it's a bit too busy to socially distance without being hyper-aware all the time. We did meet some friends for an iced coffee in a coffee shop, then moved to a shady picnic table at one of the beachside parks to continue the conversation. It was a lovely relaxing time as a lot of people had gone home for dinner. But I haven't even been in the lake yet... at this rate who knows when that will happen... still taking care of elderly parents' needs and doc visits plus night work takes up my time. I suppose I really shouldn't complain because at least I have a steady job and hubby has also been able to do some construction site security now that his arm is healing up. So we don't have any real financial trouble to worry about. Not like a lot of people these days.