Nearing 70 and working to maintain

Faetta
Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
Old mountain ranch girl nearing 70 and reclaiming fitness, especially abs after cancer surgery. Getting older and maintaining fitness is a challenge, but I don't know how to quit.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    Old mountain ranch girl nearing 70 and reclaiming fitness, especially abs after cancer surgery. Getting older and maintaining fitness is a challenge, but I don't know how to quit.

That's great! Welcome!

I didn't really even start being active until after cancer treatment, in my mid-40s. Also, I was obese for most of adult life until getting serious about weight reduction, and coming to MFP, back in 2015. Now age 64, I've been maintaining a healthy weight since, currently 130 +/-, at 5'5".

Best wishes for much success!
  • Faetta
    edited July 2020
    @AnnPT77 Thanks for the reply. You look awesome at 64. I maintained my weight and fitness nicely until I reached 59 and gained 70 lbs due to medication for nerve damage. I got off that and down to 150 or so until cancer last year when I hit 126 lbs. Now at 140 lbs and I feel great. I have my abs back but still, need to get my waist back to the 26" it was most of my life. I am 5' 9". Sadly I think old age has taken my bottom, but building power back in my legs, so feeling strong although my look is not so good. LOL! I put several photos in my profile from age 65 to now. Here is a selfie from two months after surgery. osbwxd03eya9.jpg

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    I love both of you 😍. Keep doing what you're doing. That is all.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    @AnnPT77 Thanks for the reply. You look awesome at 64. I maintained my weight and fitness nicely until I reached 59 and gained 70 lbs due to medication for nerve damage. I got off that and down to 150 or so until cancer last year when I hit 126 lbs. Now at 140 lbs and I feel great. I have my abs back but still, need to get my waist back to the 26" it was most of my life. I am 5' 9". Sadly I think old age has taken my bottom, but building power back in my legs, so feeling strong although my look is not so good. LOL! I put several photos in my profile from age 65 to now. Here is a selfie from two months after surgery. osbwxd03eya9.jpg

Wow: I've never looked that great, at any age . . . let alone right after cancer treatment. Go, you! :)

Truth in advertising: My profile photo is shortly after weight loss, age 60. I don't think I look materially different now, but gotta own up. (There are some "before" photos in my profile, too.)

All the best!
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    I love both of you 😍. Keep doing what you're doing. That is all.

*You* are *sweet*! :)
  • Faetta
    @AnnPT77 Well I saw one photo of you in jeans and you were fit with an awesome shape! I was lucky and surgery got all the cancer. They used minimally invasive surgery and so it was about 30 days before I could do my abs workout again. Going in for this year's test in August. The surgeon says my quick healing and success was because of my fitness. The nurses called me Granny six-pack. It sure hurt when they gave me those belly injections. I had no fat to inject it in, just dense muscle. Some belly fat does have perks!
    @MaltedTea Thank you so much and I love you too! You are a real beauty and a kind person.
  • grannysmith54
    grannysmith54 Posts: 48 Member
    I sent you a friend request
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Wow! Those pics are sure an inspiration for this pushing-70 woman!