Healthy calories.

bdelaney33
bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
So, usually way behind on calories around this time because I save them for snack! 🤷‍♂️
What are some good healthy snacks/food that can catch me up to my daily goal and are somewhat enjoyable to eat? (I love apples and bananas; but don’t want 5 of them at night).
Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Apple or bananas with peanut butter(or other but/seed butter)? Popcorn, protein bar...it depends where you fall short. Do you need more protein, fat, or carbs?
  • bdelaney33
    Thats a great question... I would think protein would be the shortfall; but not really in a meat mood at 9pm. I really need to try and eat more during the day. its a process...
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    What about a yogurt with fruit at night?
  • bdelaney33
    For most people, yes yogurt...but, to me its so gross! ughh... no white food! lol
  • DancingMoosie
    Ok, so protein desserts...you can do a protein bar, a protein milkshake (maybe add frozen fruit or pb), protein fluff, popcorn with nutritional yeast, hard boiled egg, cheese stick...
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Protein balls. You can make them out of whatever you want
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Nuts are calorie laden -- some protein but also healthy fats.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Ice cream has protein.

Healthy calories are the ones that help you stay in your calorie budget and on track without feeling deprived. I suggest trying to round out your nutrition earlier in the day and just have a treat to finish off your calories.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Boiled eggs are one of my favorite snacks. Wrapped in a piece of cheese if I had the calories.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    1% cottage cheese
  • spr931
    spr931 Posts: 61 Member
    Ok, so protein desserts...you can do a protein bar, a protein milkshake (maybe add frozen fruit or pb), protein fluff, popcorn with nutritional yeast, hard boiled egg, cheese stick...

What is protein Fluff?
  • DancingMoosie
    edited July 2020
    If you use the search feature and type in "protein fluff" there is a group you can join, with recipes. I'd link it, but don't know how. Basically, you use a mixer to blend protein with a liquid, and maybe a few other ingredients, until it fluffs into something like merengue. Here's a YouTube video
    https://youtu.be/oR3Z028prSU
  • Buttermello
    Buttermello Posts: 127 Member
    Maybe a simple snack plate with sliced fruit/veggies and then some calorie heavy items like cheese, avocado, hummus
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    edited July 2020
    If you use the search feature and type in "protein fluff" there is a group you can join, with recipes. I'd link it, but don't know how. Basically, you use a mixer to blend protein with a liquid, and maybe a few other ingredients, until it fluffs into something like merengue. Here's a YouTube video

oooh. Thanks for that little bit of fluffy delicious knowledge.

Here's the group link: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1823-protein-fluff

Who knew there was a whole Group devoted to protein fluff recipes!?! **edit to say, of course there hasn't been a post in that group since 2013, but there are a few yummy sounding recipes as well as some hacks.

:)