Postpartum

Mamaof3JF
Mamaof3JF Posts: 4 Member
Hi,
My name is Jennifer and I just gave birth to my 3rd baby on June 30th. No exercising yet, but I started tracking my food. It's nice to see where/what I need to improve on. I'm looking to connect with other postpartum ladies out there.
Thanks!

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Its been a while since I was in the postpartum camp, but I did use MFP through that time.

Check out the info in the second half of this thread:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

And this group is active and has some great ladies in it.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/639-post-partum-pack

~best wishes
  • crystalsan726
    crystalsan726 Posts: 795 Member
    @Mamaof3JF Congrats on your baby! I am not postpartum any more. My little guy is 15 months. He was my first C-section. I have been trying to get my stomach back to normal. My stomach muscles were shot after that. I am doing some Diastasis Recti moves to see if that will help! Good luck on your journey!
  • Nanners227
    Nanners227 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello Mama-
    Welcome baby. My little one will be two next month. Sending positive vibes for a healthy journey toward getting fit.
  • ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    Hi! My youngest is 9 months. I had Gestational diabetes so didn’t gain weight during my pregnancy and three weeks after delivery I weighed 20 pounds less than I did when I conceived.

BUT... I gained 20 pounds in the months following, and I’m trying to get it back off and then some. I’ve also had 2 c-sections and my abs are shot.
  • Harrisjulia2911
    Harrisjulia2911 Posts: 9 Member
    I just had a baby for a couple so I was a surrogate. Two months today! My body is definitely not use to working out still and I had 20 stitches so I haven’t been cleared yet to workout, but I’ve been tracking my food and walking try to get 10-12 thousand steps in a day
  • Iverson222
    Iverson222 Posts: 249 Member
    I had my first in February. I had gestational diabetes and only gained 9 pounds. I’ve lost that already but I still have a long way to go before I hit a healthy weight. I lost 60 pounds before on MFP but gained most of it back. I started tracking my food and am starting out slow with a 1 pound per week goal. Feel free to send a friend request!
  • HayyLetsLoseIt
    HayyLetsLoseIt Posts: 3 Member
    Had my second baby in March. I weigh more now then I did when I gave birth, so I’m Wanting to get serious now. I’m looking to lose 80lbs! Feel free to add me!
  • nikkibrianne64
    nikkibrianne64 Posts: 89 Member
    Hi! I'm a week and a half postpartum and trying to lose 50lbs!(maybe more). I'm also breastfeeding and not trying to have a dip in supply. I know I'm not cleared to work out yet but I'm definitely trying to stick to a very healthy well balanced diet until I can. Please add me if you're still active!
  • anna_losingit
    anna_losingit Posts: 17 Member
    I’m 3 months pp and have about 90lbs to lose

I’d love to be friends!
  • Mamaof3JF
    Mamaof3JF Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks for all the response ladies! I'm just seeing this now. sounds like so many other ladies out here are on the same journey as I am. These past couple of months I'm noticing where I'm struggling and I will admit it's in the alcohol department. I'm a sucker for Twisted Tea and Smirnoff (I know I know) I'm trying to find a drink that taste like them but with 1/2 of the cals. I just enjoy a couple drinks on the weekends