WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - July 2020

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    edited July 2020
    Has anybody else noticed that the posts in here are out of alignment? Our names are lower down than the sentence they're in. Hmm...what are these master web developers up to? Well, I'm not so sure we think they're masters. Snort.

Oh, and what is the origin of *kittens*? You know, I'm quite fond of just replacing a letter with, I don't know, a symbol. For example replacing a single letter, like "*kitten*", or replacing several for the very ambiguous "&#%!" But, please, explain *kittens* to me. [UPDATE: I got my explanation. I had the example "*kitten*" in this paragraph without the quotation marks, and MFP changed it to kitten. What!?!]

@lennoncpa Drinking enough water is more of a challenge when doing desk work. I noticed that the past couple of weeks as I have been working at my desk a lot to launch the new business, I'm not nearly as thirsty as when I'm active. Days when I'm out walking, cycling, doing HIIT, I'm downing the water. Five cups before lunchtime is no problem. You'll be back to a regular intake when tax season ends. I thought of you the other day when I ate a spoonful of hummus.

@sleepymom5 When I read your post, I thought, "Great, great, great, great!" Great idea not buying treats, great planning the entire weekend, great that you are where you were before Jim was sick, and so, so great that you aren't planning to be online while you enjoy the weekend!" See you next week and enjoy!

@Freeglerock and @minstrelofsarcasm Curse the water retention is right! You two are a pleasure to read. You're both so articulate with your descriptions that I take so much pleasure in reading what you're saying and have such empathy since it's happening to me every day lately. Thank goodness @Cafelelia is a great captain and changed your weigh-in days.

That reminds me of what @GingerPwr said about weighing daily all week to see the rolling average and the app that @ProfDawnLee recommended ~ Happy Scale. That's really helping me roll with the water weight. I think I'm developing a much healthier relationship with my scale.

@brown6267 Great stepping. You're inspiring me to get moving now that my broken toe is almost better.

@pacsnc6 Great loss ~ 1.1 is a lucky number. I hope you are well this week. Is it your week off of chemo?

@Mrsbell8well Nice loss, you flower child. Thanks for reminding me of the daisy chains. Yes, we did make them and I can't wait to make some with Pippa. It's her third birthday and that's a great thing to do ~ make a crown of daisies with her to wear at the party.

@tryingagain5 Whoa! Great weigh in. You've got this now! I bet it's the variety of mini-goals that you're engaged in. They don't have to be the same each week, just as effective. You've got me thinking of some new ones. Thank you.

@melaniedscott Nice loss. Is the conference virtual or real? You lost me at dorm rooms. If it's virtual and you have rooms, that's really cool. But I think you're talking about last year. I once went to a conference in Chicago where I didn't know a soul. By day two, people in the street were saying 'Hey,' and I met this woman who was FaceTiming with her twin who was a prof at the university nearby to come down and meet me. What a warm bunch of people. I'm glad your toe is better and sorry to hear that your knees dislocate willy nilly. My daughter's are like that. I don't think people fully realize how important knees are to our freedom of movement. That's a big deal.

@ljdanny I can so see you finding those videos under the bed. I have a bed where the mattress lifts up, kind of on a hydraulic hinge and there's storage in the frame below it. Yesterday I was putting something under there (the leaf to my kitchen table) and I noticed my Wii Fit. Weird. It's like our beds are sending us fitness messages. LOL.

@Cafelelia Alas, we didn't roll down the hill this week. Pippa was wearing a nice dress and it was just a bit too hot. We went to the farmers market in the Green P at Borden Street. It was set up for distance shopping. I set up an umbrella over the wagon and we got golden beets, lovely pattypan yellow squashes, yellow beans ~ all things I can never find even in the best-stocked vegetable markets. I love it when the farmers come right into the city. The funny thing is that Pippa lives out in the country. But, hey (that sounds so Canadian eh).

@nstephenson01 Great weigh-in and steps. I love sushi but have never had it in a loft with a view of the Montana mountains ~ wow! And congrats on the 160s! If we ever get to travel again, let's do a house swap. Haha. My view is the CN Tower. It's a landmark. Actually some people love the view but would prefer yours.

Everyone with gardens, it's time for some garden pics. I got a new iPhone 11 so maybe mine will be better than they were before. I saw a zucchini and a tiny eggplant yesterday.

Hahaha...this kittens thing is killing me. I had completely innocent examples above and some MFP program just comes along and changes it. But I think Pooh is safe in his sentiment.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    @1theresamcvean
    Kitten is supposed to be the profanity filter substitution. I think it is hilarious and, when I'm cleaning up my language IRL, use it a lot. (Oh, KITTEN! Son of a kitten, Holy Kitten!). It just makes me giggle. I will, on occasion, just type kitten, knowing it will filter me. I did that a couple days ago here. What is funnier is when you have something that isn't actually profanity (like the band: but hole surfers, edited to avoid filter replacement) but gets filtered anyway...
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    07/16 steps 12309
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    edited July 2020
    @1theresamcvean - I always forget how good pistachio ice cream is. Maybe I'll pick up some this weekend after a hike...

Also, the "kittens" thing is the reason why I use "(ahem)" so much in my blogs! Sure, you can swear in blogs, but why would I do that when we're (ahem) fudging censored everywhere else???

@CassieGetsFit2013 - Sending all of the love and positivity I can muster your way! I hope they figure out what's going on, and that it's an easy fix. Sometimes not knowing what the problem is can be more stressful than the issue itself.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    check in for Thursday
    Food-didn't log but on track
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-30 min Leslie Sansone and PT

I am so bummed about my knee! I only used the stairs once yesterday and it seems better this morning. Today I am hoping to at least go and walk Daisy once. Hopefully this isn't anything serious. We will see as the day goes on or I will have to add a doctor's appointment to my list of appointments when I go back to Pennsylvania next week.

Like I said before, this is going to be a challenging weekend. My goal for the week is to maintain. I have a better plan for drinking, I already have meals planned so I need to stick to my plan and stay away from any treats that may be around. I am happy with my progress so far this month, I don't want one weekend to screw it up. I can do this!

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Cafelelia
    Friday
    PW -151.8
    CW - 150.7
    LTD- 18.1 lbs

I have to go out as it will be really hit later. Will check in this afternoon.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    @GingerPwr OMGosh, EMK Fit is exactly the variety I've been looking for. She's so cute, articulate, and very talented. I love the Broadway-themed session and her abs or planks challenges look really, well, challenging. I'm going to sponsor her on Patreon. When she gets back to Toronto from Timmins (poor girl), Lisa @Cafelelia, we have to look her up! Her opening, "What's up, you clowns?!" Sometimes she even says the &#%! word. I challenge you, kitten bot.
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    Username: KUMEcyclingteam
    Weigh-in week: Week 3
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 219.4
    Today's weight: 2217.2
    Loss to date: 32.8
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    Damn it, got to proof read before posting, unless I really did gain 1,997.8 lbs LOL

Today's weight: 217.2
  • Cafelelia
    The heat wave is back on, omg. I did my walk this morning and took the boys with me. We are in one of the prettiest, little towns probably in all of Canada, and all the boys did was complain the entire time. I had a nice time anyway though! It is sad that the town is so empty as it is normally packed with people from all over the world. It was nice to have it all to ourselves, but I worry for the local people and economy.

@KUMEcyclingteam - That really would have put our team at the bottom of the leaderboard. Hilarious! Proper weight recorded and great loss!

@gingerpwr - Even if you did gain a bit, it sounds like you have a fabulous vacation and that’s worth it! I love that workout because I love to dance! I am totally going to do it when I get home on Monday!

@1theresamcvean - We totally need to hire that girl when she is back from Timmons! Glad that your daughter’s surgery went well. Mmm, Sweet Fantasies ice cream...

@bburrer30 - Don’t despair, these stalls can happen. I am not an expert, but I suggest mixing things up in your routine. Maybe cut out a few more calories or focus on eating different foods like more veggies or proteins. You can try to do workouts that are different from what you are doing, or take a few rest days. Definitely check in with yourself re stress, sleep and water intake. You could also try out intermittent fasting for a day or two. The main thing is not to give up!

@lenka1 - You are doing fantastic!

@sleepymom5 - You are also doing fantastic! I really hope your knee feels better soon.

@pacsnc6 - It is so good that you are feeling well most days. Really great that you are not losing much hair. I think everybody loses hair in their brush everyday.

@lennoncpa - With all the stress from tax season, that little loss is great!

@CassieGetsFit2013 - I agree with the others who posted that you really should get checked out by a doctor. I think if those symptoms persist, it is a good idea to go to the ER. Sending you a hug and I hope you feel better soon.

@tryingagain5 - Doing great! Really happy that you got some OT.

@nstephenson01 - Your birthday dinner sounded so nice, I had to look up photos of Montana mountains. Hope that you do well with your goals this week!

@mrsbell8well - I did not know that you could do that with corn. I am going to try it!

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @1theresamcvean
    Thanks! I've been working hard on it. Writing everything down seems to work the best for me. I definitely need to do it every day. Hopefully some day I can get to the point of not having to do it all the time.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Friday 7/17
    Food: good
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 45 minutes

I didn't do a lot with my day. After working 10 hours last night I was pretty tired so I slept a good part of the day but not so long that I won't be able to sleep tonight. There's a fine balance for me on the weekends when I sleep at night. After almost 5 years on 3rd shift, I have it pretty much figured out.

I talked with my trainer today. He was really pleased with my progress this week and told me to keep going. He also liked that I was climbing stairs for part of my workouts.
  • Cafelelia
    edited July 2020
    5u2xp3j64ch2.png

Week 3 Remaining Weigh Ins

Friday
    @hope002
    @ljdanny

Saturday
    @kirsten11872
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @timibotkin

Late
    @podperson1
    @ProfDawnLee

Goal Zone
    @brown6267
    @GingerPwr

*If anybody needs to be excused this week, please post to let us know.
This discussion has been closed.