Women 200lb+, Let's Jump For Joy This July!!!

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    @speyerj @wanderinglight --- thank you both for the links. I've created them as new tabs and will listen to each later today. and, @wanderinglight, thank you for sharing the details of your lists and plans. I'm planning on revamping mine before the end of the month so I can set goals and action plans in place to start the new month.

Thanks again!! 🤗
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @wanderlight -
    That was a great post you linked to. I love your plan. You found a way to make it easy on yourself by picking just a couple of things to support your weight loss goals that you know you can do and that you won't mind doing. Bravo!
  • k1975lr
    k1975lr Posts: 15 Member
    @wanderinglight This sounds like me. I too run an art business (children's illustration and book covers) and I am zapped out energy wise. I actually closed down a large portion of my business as I need to now plan on homeschooling my 5 and 8 year old so I'm working on creating a really clear schedule that allows both flexibility and rigidity.

I lost my mojo this week for sure--I let my body just decide when and what to eat based on my current blues and t.o.m. cramps. But today, I'm back on the more structured eating plan of good carbs, proteins and vegetables.

I am a huge stress ball right now and my 5 year old said her throat hurt the other night. Luckily, it was just dry and a drink of water cleared it up, but it seriously stressed me out.

Part of my schedule planning is going to be to put away mobile devices, just so I cant tune out when I'm stressed. I honeslty think I'm mourning the loss of the before times--being able to take my kids to museums, parks, out for a quick snack--so on to working on the things I can control and moving forward.
  • darksunapril
    darksunapril Posts: 20 Member
    @speyerj I love that, its not motivation that will sustain me its habit
  • darksunapril
    darksunapril Posts: 20 Member
    @wanderinglight I haven't read all your posts but please don't be disheartened about a little weight gain. From personal experience I can fluctuate +/- 5lb in a single day! Just trust the process and you will get there in the end. My journey so far certainly hasnt been and I'm sure it won't be a steady downwards trend (as great as that would be) but measuring my body the inches have come off all the same, and the energy levels have gone up. I wish you a good journey!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    k1975lr wrote: »
    @wanderinglight This sounds like me. I too run an art business (children's illustration and book covers) and I am zapped out energy wise. I actually closed down a large portion of my business as I need to now plan on homeschooling my 5 and 8 year old so I'm working on creating a really clear schedule that allows both flexibility and rigidity.

I lost my mojo this week for sure--I let my body just decide when and what to eat based on my current blues and t.o.m. cramps. But today, I'm back on the more structured eating plan of good carbs, proteins and vegetables.

I am a huge stress ball right now and my 5 year old said her throat hurt the other night. Luckily, it was just dry and a drink of water cleared it up, but it seriously stressed me out.

Part of my schedule planning is going to be to put away mobile devices, just so I cant tune out when I'm stressed. I honeslty think I'm mourning the loss of the before times--being able to take my kids to museums, parks, out for a quick snack--so on to working on the things I can control and moving forward.

I'm right there with you! It's so hard to be creative during this time. That's so cool that you do children's illustration and covers! I'd love to illustrate a children's book some day. I came very close last year and was collaborating with Jane Lynch on a children's book about her dog, Arbuckle. Unfortunately, Arbie passed away suddenly and the book kind of fell apart but it made me want to pursue the idea further on my own some day!
  • wanderinglight
    @wanderinglight I haven't read all your posts but please don't be disheartened about a little weight gain. From personal experience I can fluctuate +/- 5lb in a single day! Just trust the process and you will get there in the end. My journey so far certainly hasnt been and I'm sure it won't be a steady downwards trend (as great as that would be) but measuring my body the inches have come off all the same, and the energy levels have gone up. I wish you a good journey!

Thank you :)
  • wanderinglight
    speyerj wrote: »
    @wanderlight -
    That was a great post you linked to. I love your plan. You found a way to make it easy on yourself by picking just a couple of things to support your weight loss goals that you know you can do and that you won't mind doing. Bravo!

I really liked that post! Totally resonated with me. Onward!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    Well my calories were higher on Thursday and Friday and my water intake slipped down a bit so my weight went up a bit Saturday. However my calories went back down on Saturday and I have been trying to get water intake up. Anyway my weight was back down so I will try to be good going into the week. It will be a busy week with grocery shopping, preparations and packing for our beach trip.

@Summer_Raine_01 great job with the soda and fast food free days.
    @CupcakeCrusoe we saw Neowise Comet from our deck last night but only with binoculars. The best was that our daughter saw it too.
    @AlexandraFindsHerself I think I would take Boyfriends observations may or not be as accurate but they are important.
    @micwrites nice NSV. Now that I am older golf sounds more fun?
    @planctonbye I spent some time looking up some things left out of the play and think maybe it is time to revisit the Brontës. I read every one of their novels when I was young. I may see things differently now and see things I didn’t when I was young. Love the memories. On the 4th we made homemade/fresh squeezed citrus-ade with lemons, limes, grapefruit then I added some orange juice and crushed ice. People could have it non alcoholic or I made a margarita type cocktail for my husband and me.

I am at the stage in life that I don't have to do every thing I would like I can just remember when I did. I am finding memories as much more satisfying than they were when I was younger. It comes in handy now that we can't do lot's of things. Unfortunately memories of Aquafit are as unsatisfying as not going is. However a memory of our Caribbean cruise 2 years ago is quite satisfying.

@Tarzan37 glad you checked in I am hoping this month gets better.
    @BrownSugar nice job with the sleep. I am still wondering if I will get laid off which may mean I will just retire earlier than planned.
    @pamiede I am glad you are taking it carefully. I am not sure how your body will know when it reaches maintenance weight since when I was a freshman in college I got too skinny. I am glad I listened to those around me when they told me. I know you are not in that situation but my body didn’t know when it hit my maintenance weight. However it was easier to lose weight when I was younger than it is now. Also it was impossible to get enough of the right foods in the dorm when I was there so when I was avoiding carbs that didn’t leave much else for me to eat. Dorm foods are better now I think. I do believe in taking breaks temporary from deficit calories periodically. I also believe you will know when you reach the healthy weight for you. It is your body.
    @speyerj such a nice check in

I may check out these posts on habits, focus etc once I get back from the beach. I will probably need to get back into focus then.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    💐...WELCOME!! ...💐 @ruther345 @jillsmith8297 @Lisadazzle42 @AZWildcatnNC @SylviazSpirit @Simplify45 @surreptitially

@KeriA I keep a large "master" To-Do list on my frig. I do Love crossing things off! LOL Each morning I pick a couple of items to get done that day ... any additional things I get done = bonus! I'll have to check out a YouTube beginner video for Tai Chi; I'm looking for another exercise to add for next month.

@RavenStCloud no matter how small, a loss is a loss .... so YEA!!

@elainey13 in the same boat. had hoped to get to 285 by end of July. It's not looking good for that but plan to strive toward it for the rest of the month. good luck to you!

@micwrites I love to swim as well. Had hoped to get into an aqua fitness program when I started in early March but all closed due to pandemic <sigh> oh well, perhaps in the Fall they'll reopen.

@wanderinglight I started in early March. One large benefit has been a drastic reduction in my cravings for sweets. I do still get chocolate cravings but one Popsicle sugarfree Fudgesicle usually satisfies it.

@Terytha YEA!! Major milestone ahead!!

@darksunapril it's like riding your bike LOL just jump back on and start pedalling

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 glad your gym is open; ours are all still closed.

@sweetirish "showing up" is definitely the key ... you Go Girl!!

@SquidVonBob glad he's no longer your doctor. How very unprofessional of him.

@MuttiNM nice loss!! Great job keeping up with your exercise goals!!

@pamiede hope your surgery recovery is uneventful!! Hang in there; don't let friends and family derail you from your plan. You'll know when you're ready.

@FoolishJoy congrats on great weighin!!

@rhsdancer5 I keep a small notepad and pen in my purse, another in my car. When I eat out I jot down what, approx size/weight, etc. It does help me keep on track.

@cupcakeCrusoe Congrats on hitting your goals!!

@mszoueb

@changeforeverlj Great loss, Congrats!!

I didn't realize I was so far behind in posting!! If I've left anyone out ... sending Hugs!!
    Keep up the good work Y'all; you're my inspiration!
  • k1975lr
    k1975lr Posts: 15 Member
    SW: 217
    CW: 206.6
    Intering GW: 196
    UGW: 165

I gained .6 lbs back this week. I lost a bit of focus because I allowed myself to eat more based on hunger as it is T.O.M. week for me. So, yesterday I got back on track and so this weeks goals are:
    1. Eat at or below calorie limits of 1,570
    2. Log all foods accurately
    3. Swim 3x this week
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    @wanderinglight & @speyerj I've just read through the links you both posted and have already shared them! Loved both! Thanks for sharing beautiful ladies! <3

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    I've been told you all like to know what we're eating for our meals, so here you go.

Boyfriend has had WLS and has to avoid high-carb foods; I have IBS which hates a lot of beans and cruciferous vegetables, as well as a fructose intolerance. Girlfriend and I both work to eat low quantities of nightshades, and she also has a anaphylactic walnut allergy, as well as raw egg intolerance.

Breakfast: Quichecake (Bacon, Swiss, and caramelized onion). Sausage muffin sandwiches. English muffins with butter and sugar-free jam. Coffee and tea.

Monday: Chicken and jalapeno quesadillas, chips.
    Chicken piccata, pasta, pan-seared asparagus, garlic bread.

Tuesday: Hamburgers and chips, dill pickle spears.
    Pepper steak, rice/cauliflower rice.

Wednesday: Black Bean Stew with sour cream and pulled pork garnish, cornbread muffin. (I will have a leftover hamburger.)
    Hot and Sour soup, char sui pork with hot mustard, fried rice, crab rangoon.

Thursday: Pulled pork in wraps or buns, chips, dill pickle spear.
    Bison/pork meatloaf, mashed potatoes/mashed cauliflower/rice pilaf, green beans. Roll.

Friday: Leftovers or chicken fingers, chips, dipping sauce.
    Beef enchiladas, rice, beans, salad/Taco salad.

Saturday: Hot Italian beef sandwiches, chips.
    Peanut pork, jasmine rice/cauliflower rice, Thai spinach.

Sunday: Burritoes, chips.
    Eggs, sausages, hash browns, toast.

As always, if you want a recipe, ask, and I'll give it.
  • supersparklyk
    supersparklyk Posts: 84 Member
    Hi all! I'm checking in after been AWOL for the last ten days or so. No weight to report as I'm not stepping on that scale for a while. I know I've gained in that time since I was eating carelessly and not putting in the effort to get my steps completed. I could list my excuses (mostly work), but it's not very relevant. Today was a good day - back to mindful and careful eating and the dog is in for a treat tonight in the form of a long walk. My wreckless week+ felt horrible: achy knees and that "I want something, but I don't know what...cereal? chips?..." mindset. Bleh!! Let's finish July strong!