The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Hi. Anyone looking for additional MFP friends feel free to add me (men and women no matter :smile: ) This is my second go around with MFP and lost my old account and all my MF pals.

Good luck for your second time around
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    I am old.

You're not old. You're seasoned. Experienced. Learned. Embrace it!

I'm 66, and every day that I wake up and get both feet on the floor is a good day.

• HippieWytch
    HippieWytch Posts: 3 Member
    Hi all! 58 years young and starting to put myself first. Looking for friends to share encouraging stories!
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    anyone can add me, looking to lose 70 lbs. Was at goal weight a few years back, then a back surgery and my dad dying and need to lose it again :/.
  • saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    Hey, y'all. I'm 43, looking to lose 40-50 lbs. This is my second time around, and this time I'm trying to hook into the online community, so that I'm in good company instead of trying to go it on my own. Please feel free to add me.

Thanks to a history of ankle injuries, I've been rehabbing an ankle and I'm mostly walking for exercise, but just started adding yoga back in. Ultimately, I want to get back down to a safe weight and strong enough that I can get back to dance classes. If I really rock it, I'd like to get back to gymnastics again.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    234 posts added since I last looked at this thread!! Happy ageing everybody.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Makes me sad I'm now old enough for this group, but love the people here!!

You don't want to be me then!! I'm almost too old for the group. It ends at 50ish, and I'm beyond "ish". :)
  • dewinio
    dewinio Posts: 1 Member
    Hello Everyone nearly 52 got to try and lose this tyre round my waist.
  • livinatthegym77
    livinatthegym77 Posts: 16 Member
    @annliz23 Thanks. I was going good for years, but a divorce, autoimmune disease, school, and 65 hour work weeks got me. Hoping to hit my stride again. I have already dropped 31 lbs prior to signing back up to MFP...hoping to find some good people and keep on keeping on!
  • tjkelly22
    tjkelly22 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi,

I am in my mid thirties trying to lose weight. While the gym is closed I am running on a track so I guess I'll start off by asking how do you suggest dealing with Shin Splints.

Anyone can add me but I am really looking for people who will help me be accountable. I will return the favor.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

You don't want to be me then!! I'm almost too old for the group. It ends at 50ish, and I'm beyond "ish". :)

Never too old for here 🙂
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Great and Happy Monday morning all. How is everyone doing?
  • gexking
    gexking Posts: 125 Member
    edited July 2020
    yelpat1976 wrote: »
    Gyms are open where I live but the cleanliness at my gym was sub-par prior to Covid. I cancelled my membership for now and will keep walking, jogging and hiking.

Fortunately, all the world is a gym...at least until it gets cold.
  • RosaKitty19
    RosaKitty19 Posts: 6 Member
    Feel free to add me! I'm 41 and am at the start of my journey :)
  • kledmons
    kledmons Posts: 46 Member
    Please add me. I'm 45 and starting over.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Hope your son is feeling better!!! Isn't it amazing how adaptable some kids are? My daughter has really taken this craziness so well, and we were pretty busy with fun activities before the rona hit. She is getting with her friends just about every day to play video games online, and has stayed happy just hanging out at home.
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    We were supposed to be on our way up north this morning to a friend's cottage but my son decided to vomit overnight. Poor kid I suspect he hadna touch of food poisoning but don't want to take chances spreading around germs. Nor do I want to be 2 hours from home with a sick kid. He likes to give a running commentary as he's being sick. It's hard not to laugh but if you laugh he'll tell you off for laughing. I like my kid. Anyone have any fun stories to share since I'm trapped inside

My son has a buddy he plays online with too. It's good they can adapt it's good qualities to learn
  • juliet148
    juliet148 Posts: 4 Member
    Hey All! 38 just rejoined after failing to get healthy when I first joined 10 years ago. Mom to 3 kiddos, work full time in the rat race... Gotta get healthy before the big 4-0.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    This should be the last covid test I'll need to go visit my mom. They're requiring us to be tested so we don't create new outbreaks in seniors homes. They're already easing the triage somewhat only taking temps and such of those with symptoms. This Dr was all business. She walked in, swab at the ready, pulled my mask down and shoved it up there. Today I went earlier than last time and it took about 40 minutes total from arriving to walking out. Now I'm gonna clean the basement
  • ScienceBasedLife
    ScienceBasedLife Posts: 7 Member
    Hi everyone. :) I've been trying to do this weight loss alone and it's a struggle. Especially with metabolism slowing :(

I'm 49 and looking to connect with some good people who understands the extra challenges we get with age.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Me to but I still keep logging🙄