Really swollen stomach

So for the last few days my stomach has been really swollen and it just keeps getting bigger by the day. I am petite and slim usually around 9st this morning I was almost 10st because my stomach is that bloated it’s not painful but it just feels really heavy and strange. I’ve been to the toilet but this hasn’t made the bloating go. It looks extremely strange with someone with a small figure to just have a huge stick out belly. I have taken pictures from all angles but they are not the best but you can clearly see my stomach is a strange shape 3qw7ktwj9hck.png
Any possible explanation for this would be helpful Thankyou cqzbbbi38xg7.jpeg
2bjic9cp4fli.jpeg
a2tqk4labwgm.jpeg
62td3i673w9l.png
rrpcdym9espg.png

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    My stomach gets like that if I eat too many fruits and/or vegetables. What have you eaten lately?
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Definitely see a doctor
  • xx1chloe5xx
    xx1chloe5xx Posts: 44 Member
    @harper16 that is me standing up straight I don’t have a very good back and someone on the app could be a doctor or have been through similar or have suggestions that’s why I’m asking.
  • xx1chloe5xx
    xx1chloe5xx Posts: 44 Member
    @l1izardqueen I haven’t eaten more than what I usually do I have been eating less food all together because I have been working nights so it’s strange I’m so bloated
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Could be bloating due to gas. Did you eat anything different? It could be hormonal if you are a cycling female. It could be some other reason. It could be constipation. If it doesn't go away after a couple of days, get yourself to the doctor.
  • veggie16mfp
    veggie16mfp Posts: 114 Member
    I’ve had a similar problem. It turned out it was an easy fix but I did need the dr. I looked for answers online and used every theory under the sun to explain it. The only thing that helped was a visit to the dr.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Could you be pregnant?

I echo the others, see a dr. That sudden a change and dramatic a change needs a dr.

They will need to do tests. That's the main reason that a dr wouldn't be able to answer
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Any chance you are pregnant?
    When really petite women are pregnant they start to show much earlier.

A stone is 14 pounds. Are you certain this was all from just a few days?

Evaluate what you’ve eaten in the past two weeks and your weight over the past 6 weeks.
    If you have really gained 14 pounds in a few days, then call your doctor.

I hope all is well. Take care.
  • Pittgirl3
    Pittgirl3 Posts: 69 Member
    There are quite a few different diagnoses that include abdominal distention.
    Are you having any pain or cramping? If so, I would def recommend a doctor.

Have you had a decent bowel moment recently? You could be constipated. Or it could be gas. I would suggest moving around for a while, isolating both upper and lower body.

But ultimately, if you haven’t really changed anything in your lifestyle and this has been going on for a few days, I would strongly suggest seeing a doctor. You could have a small bowel obstruction or serious internal inflammation.