Down 31lbs, now looking for some MFP people while I get rid of the rest (pics included)

livinatthegym77
livinatthegym77 Posts: 16 Member
edited July 2020 in Introduce Yourself
So, basically I am a train wreck. I was always super healthy and pretty athletic running, swimming, and doing weight training but an autoimmune condition messed me up and I gained a sh** ton of weight, my BP sky rocketed, and I put down my good habits and picked up some bad ones (smoking). I did quit that just shy of 4 years ago, and when the covid hit I of course caught it and was one of the earlier cases. I decided during that time I would use the time afforded to me to get myself back. I have lost 31 lbs prior to signing up for MFP and am now trying to get a good crew on here to be with for the rest of my weight loss. I am also working to get my BP down. It was 172/128 and now it hovers at 140-143/91-94...not great but a huge improvement since March.
I am looking to add people who are active on MFP. I do not care what your struggles are, what your activity level is, how many times you overate, your gender, your religion, what your political beliefs are, etc, etc....If you are trying that is good enough.

A bit about me:

43 Years old
LT relationship
2 year in accounting and business management
finishing BoS in Cyber Security this winter
atheist
liberal
vegan
not preachy about anything
love animals (especially pigs and dogs)
will comment on your stuff and interact...not just a bunch of likes

Please feel free to FR me and whether you do or don't...good luck on reaching your fitness & health goals!

-J-

u4s44c3e0g63.jpg
cm8l1pq96wi0.jpg

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Congrats on your weight loss so far ..... I too quit smoking (last year) when I was hospitalized for the flu/pneumonia ...Feel free to add me if you would like..... wishing you more success :)
  • livinatthegym77
    thank you and congrats on quitting!!! Its a huge deal!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    thank you and congrats on quitting!!! Its a huge deal!

You're welcome ....Thanks it was the biggest accomplishment ..I smoked for 30+ years ..I tried so many times before without success .... but I feel sooo much better now that I have quit :)
  • livinatthegym77
    Wow 30 years must have made it that much more more difficult.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    When you get real sick and you can't catch your breath for a week before going to the ER only to be admitted for 9 days ...if that doesn't make you quit then I don't know what would
  • livinatthegym77
    Yeah foe sure buf then again there are those who smoke through trac holes in their neck!!
  • livinatthegym77
    I need to import a new keyboard on my phone...these buttons are too small and butchering my texts...
  • geraldc85
    geraldc85 Posts: 12 Member
    always looking for new mfp friends