NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Morning everyone! I did not do so well eating this week and it showed at the scale: I'm up 2.2 lbs. :( In other news, I found out I'm definitely starting back to work on Monday, August 3rd. At least that gives me time to get this bathroom situation straightened out.

@cbabie Yay for getting on the treadmill! That sounds like a terrible situation for your friend.

@theslightedgeforever Yes indeed. I seem to keep pulling muscles in my body. Somehow, I pulled a muscle in my "chicken wing" (that area in your back, I guess it's right by your shoulder blade). It hurts when I twist. I have no idea how I pulled the muscle. 2nd pulled muscle in a month. I'm starting to think I'm getting too old for exercise. lol

COMMITTED.
    July goal: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @cbabie I am so sorry for your friend and the loss of their son! Good for you for getting on the treadmill.

@trooworld You have been really stressed with all that is going on in your home so cut yourself some slack this week and just get back on your plan. You know what to do. Is your muscle in your back feeling better? Maybe you need to stretch and warm up more before doing exercises.

@its_cleo Those boys sure know how to rock a hairstyle! Your “boyfriend” is super cute!! ;) I think that is a great idea for you to take a trip to Victoria. You need a change of scenery and a chance to refocus on what matters most to you. Go!!

Good morning! Sorry I wasn’t around the last couple of days. Thursday I was in my staff meeting and then I ran a bunch of errands. Yesterday, our internet was down almost the entire day, so I just listened to podcasts on my phone. I lost a pound for the week according to my weekly average, which made me happy. I just called WW and paid the fee to cancel early. My plan was up in November and I could have just kept it since I’m really only saving $20 but I wanted the mental freedom of knowing that I don’t have any obligation now to track what I eat. I’m jumping into in the deep end now! Wish me luck. :)

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, I was going to get on the treadmill and baby woke up crying. I think this pandemic is starting to show with her needing me around her all the time. But on a different note, I am trying to track and be better about choices. Last night I MADE the choice to eat ice cream and I know why...emotional eating. So as of now that stops. I did a year and a half with no ice cream no sweets of any kind...so it's a matter of my mind being trained. I am going to try to exercise with my little one. I did with my girls when they were little. Yesterday she got my 3lb hand weight and I grabbed one and we played a little game of raising it up and down, until she hit her nose with it. :( We will get there. Thank you all for the thoughts for the family of my friend.

@trooworld So happy you get to go back to work. I was wondering why Aug 3 sounded so familiar. LOL That was the day I was supposed to marry my DH, had a church wedding and all planned, but my future MIL and my Dad were at odds..and I could see my Dad throwing my MIL out of the church in the middle of my wedding and decided to elope. Now mind you my Dad was the minister and he and my mom were away at a camp meeting and I went there and he married us in a park..(I was 17 and needed permission). LOL So not that you needed that story, but it just might bring you some laughter.

@TeresaW1020 sounds like you had a busy couple of days..sucks when the internet is down. We really do rely on that thing. Congrats on the loss. You know, you can do this without WW, you know what you should do, it's a matter of us being accountable to us.

@theslightedgeforever I like your goals. Remember dad has a nose for smells too. Yes I am going to try to plan and and not be impulsvie.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited July 2020
    @trooworld Maybe more stretching needed to loosen you up between exercise sessions. So back to good eating at the next meal. You are doing wonderful. You got this.

@teresaw1020 Good for you for losing a pound. Aim for another one this week.

@cbabie Yaaaay for trying to exercise with your little one. Although it's a good thing she learns you won't always be there. If not, imagine the first day of school she'll be screaming hanging on your leg while you are trying to drop her off. :D I've seen that. Also saw the moms that tried to stay with the child in class. Plus the teachers that weren't too thrilled.......There's another reason Aug 3 sounds familiar. You have two nephews that share a bday on that day. This sentence made me laugh "Yes I am going to try to plan and and not be impulsive Because in areas other than food, I'm usually the impulsive one.

So reading my book yesterday about problems and solutions. What problem are you working on? Define it in one sentence. Now answer the questions like me below.

What is the problem? Not drinking enough water
    How have you been focused on the problem? I just have a goal stated but not really any concrete plan on how to meet that goal.  more like if I meet it good if not, okay I'll try again tomorrow.
    How can you participate in the solution? Formulate action steps
    What options are there? Drink one cup upon waking up. Problem is I don't like cold water.  Fill up water bottle before bed and leave on counter by sink.
    What factors are unrelated to the solution? The statement of I don't like cold water.  
    In what situations am I tempted to focus on the problem?  Every evening when I recap my day on my MFP group
    What can I do instead? Focus on the solution:  the action steps

She basically says we spend way too much time on the problem and not enough on the solution.

Green Day Stayed OP 215/238 Intentional Movement Walk 33 min

July goals: Green Dot day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water :( Burn 165 cals via movement o:) Preplan Food o:)

• JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Just thought I'd pop back & say Hi.
    Lockdown in UK has been weird for me. I'm driven by routine & there simply hasn't been any so I've struggled to make one. Rules have changed week by week & it's been a mental challenge for me.
    Outdoor Personal Training at a distance has been allowed for almost 2 months so I took that up at my gym (there's an outdoor area) but my trainer had been made redundant! With another who I know. In June I did "Stepupfor30" challenge to raise money for bowel cancer UK- as both my Dad & Granddad died from this. That gave sense of purpose.
    The Y10 (Freshman) went back to school in 2 halves each group being split in half again so I was in 2 mornings a week for face-to-face teaching, another morning I had on-line teaching & the rest of the time was on-line meetings, marking, planning & we're re-writing all 5 years courses based on a lot of recent research.
    School holidays started here on Friday- got a "shred" /transformation eating plan from my trainer. (I'd put on 3 stone with menopause over 4 years & a futher 10lb during lockdown- enough is enough- I've lost a few lb since PT started but I need to get serious- I have an amazing wardrobe of clothes which no longer fit & I'm wearing cheap sale stuff- time for action).
    Friday night was my last ice-cream & alcohol sadly I didn't get to enjoy it as I was sick! Yesterday in bed on toast & water. Today tired but off for a start.
    Sadly my gym is going to be putting fees up & my off peak will disappear- over 100% price rise. Faithful customers not happy- so I'll see out the PT I've paid for & as long as my contract is on current amount but if they do increase it- I'll transfer to the University gym where my daughtet goes.
    I'll pop on occasionally but I find keeping up with every piece of of news very difficult.
    Our San Diego holiday was "officially " cancelled on Wednesday- so can't do the meet up. Maybe next year or year after.
  • trooworld
    Hello everyone! Happy Sunday. I'm not up to too much today: just cooking dinner (air-fried cod + bacon and blue cheese potato salad) and trying to finish my book for book club, we meet on Tuesday night via Zoom.

@TeresaW1020 You are right, I have been super stressed. I will get "back on the horse" this next week! My "chicken wing" muscle is feeling better this morning. I think I do need to stretch/warm-up. Good plan! I don't know what I'd do if the internet went out for a whole day lol. Seriously, I depend on it so much. Even our TV is through an internet connection. Congrats on losing and congrats on taking the plunge into the deep end! :)

@cbabie That's great you are trying to track. Tracking is so important. Thanks for the happy thoughts. That's a funny story...so are you saying that Aug 3 is your elopement anniversary? :)

@theslightedgeforever Yes, I believe you and @TeresaW1020 are on to something. Thanks for your support. Interesting about the problem and the solution.

@JoDavo66 Hi it's nice to "see" you! That's too bad about your trainer. I'm sorry you've felt sick and missed your last ice cream & alcohol. I hope you feel better soon. Also sorry about your SD vacation. Pop back whenever you can! No need to "keep up" with every post.

COMMITTED.
    July goal: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @cbabie I’m so sorry about your friend and her loss. How terrible. ….that sounds sweet, exercising with the little one.

@theslightedgeforever maybe I should say I went on vacation rather than fell of the wagon. Haven’t been tracking food, haven’t been doing my goal of 20-30 mins a day of movement like mobility or strength training. I have still been biking. That seems to be the only thing I do consistently right now. …the half pita- it might have been more calories but maybe it made you feel fuller than the twix….bc I would eat the twix and still be hungry and eat the pita lol. …..

I really like that goal thing. Years ago I was in a therapy group and we did weekly goals and we would identify if there were barriers etc. It really can help.

@trooworld glad you have a date to go back to work. I’m sure the uncertainty was hard.

@TeresaW1020 I could live without the Internet for a day if I had to…maybe! Actually my phone and my home are two diff service providers, so far I’ve been luck if one doesn’t work the other one does.

Well I’m kind of grumpy but I biked 36.7 km today. That is my max so far. My last best was 30km. There is a trail on our waterfront here and it just keeps going and going and going. Trouble is then you have to bike back lol.

My weight is still in the window I set so I’m happy with that.

I haven’t had a hair cut since Jan bc of the pandemic but I think I’ve reached my limit lol. Trouble is the place I normally go to still hasn’t opened- I don’t really understand and I’m afraid maybe they went out of business. It’s really weird bc their website is still up. So I have to find somewhere new. There’s a place a few blocks away, I thought I would walk by this aft and peek in the window to see how it looks.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @JoDavo66 Hi nice to see you back. At first I was thinking we had a new member until I started reading. I get exactly what you mean about routine. My hubby has been working from home 4 months now and he is not a schedule person which drives me crazy but I'm adjusting. I was jokingly thinking today that this virus must have come along to get me adjusted to him being retired and at home all day. I have had anxiety over it but God just kind of sneaked it in there it seems. lol Sorry the rest of you had to stay home too. ;) Do you all have the virus under control? I noticed you were back at school sort of..... I too gained over the lockdown initially but I've been maintaining lately. I had to stop the upward trend. Now working again on the downward trend. Sorry about your trip. I know you were looking forward to it. You don't have to respond to everyone all the time. Just do what you can even if that means you say Hey I stayed OP and I exercised today. The end.

@trooworld How about I will get back on the horse at the next meal versus next week. Or is that what you meant and your rebel child typed week instead. :p Have you been meeting your sleep goal this week?

@its_cleo Vacation sounds good although I don't do very good on vacation and usually gain weight cause I have the attitude of I'm on vacation..... so I've been learning to say I hit the pause button. Then shortly I'll hit play and resume. Just like on Netflix. You are probably right on the half pita. I too could see myself eating both. But the half twix is still up there in the cabinet. I negotiated with myself on Saturday to break that in half and then throw away the other half. But then decided, if I'm negotiating with myself some part of me knows that this food isn't good for me right now. So I'll plan it one of these days and enjoy it fully. It's the sudden impulse decisions that need work for me. Wow on biking that much. My brother used to do those really long rides. I forgot what they are called. I had a long distance boyfriend once rode his bike to see me and some other friends. It takes 5 hours by car. I have no idea how long he took on bike. Oh I bet I can google it now. 22 hrs and 13 min. lol He was really sunburned. I remember that. Then poor thing had to ride back.

Red Day Stayed OP 100/100 g Intentional Movement: 30 min YouTube video 43 min gardening

July goals Green dot day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water o:) Burn 165 cals via movement o:) Preplan food o:)
  • TeresaW1020
    @its_cleo Wow, I did the conversion to know what 30km is and you biked over 18 miles. That is incredible! B) I would hate to have to find a new place to get my hair done. I’ve been going to the same girl for 14 years. She was sick and canceled our last appointment, so my roots are the worse they have ever been. I go next Tuesday and can’t wait!

@trooworld, I need the recipe for blue cheese potato salad! <3 Yeah, when we lost our internet we lose our TV too. What saves me is that I have the church cellphone and it has lots of data on it so I could turn on Hulu and listen to podcasts. My mom didn’t think that was fair. :grin:

Good morning! It’s going to be another hot day here in the South so I will stay in the A/C. :grin: I have discovered the yumminess of white wine spritzers. I make them using seltzer with a Strawberry True Lemon packet. Hubby bought a big bottle of white on Friday and I’ve had two glasses three nights in a row. It hasn’t affected my weight, but I haven’t lost any either. I also don’t fast as long as I want. So, I told him we can only do that maybe once a month. Today, I will fast until dinner and tell my cravings and hunger to shut up! :p
  • trooworld
    @its_cleo It was hard. I'm glad I have a date, too. Wow, 36.7 km is impressive! Congrats. Good luck finding a new place to get a haircut.

@theslightedgeforever Oh I am back on the horse at the next meal always! The rebel child must have typed week instead. ;) My sleep goals: In FitBit, I actually got 4 "GOOD" scores last week! I can't believe it. I averaged 7 hr 55 mins sleep last week, this week so far, I've averaged 7 hrs 54 mins. I'm really working on sleep.

@TeresaW1020 Here it is, to be fair, I haven't tasted it yet: https://cupcakesandkalechips.com/red-white-blue-potato-salad/ Oh that's good you have access to Hulu and your podcasts. I drink white wine spritzers too, with diet 7up but yours sound better! ;)

COMMITTED.
  • cbabie
    Morning all, sorry I didn't get on yesterday. Sundays are busy for me. I did get on the treadmill today. Only 19 min, had to stop and get DH up and get ready for work. It was already SO hot out. I have had a fun day on the phones. NOT...a guy cussed me out, talked to someone with COVID 19...So ready to just stick my head in a book..

@trooworld LOL I laughed at you being a rebel...guess who else I call a rebel. LOL. I got married 6/18. The church still threw me a bridal shower. It was nice..funny thing I still have some of the dishware they gave me and STILL use them.

@theslightedgeforever I will have to sit down and look at those today. Sorry, was trying to type and read in between calls today. Thank you for reaching out to get answers from me. LOL. I do believe GOD snuck in there to help you with him retiring.

@its_cleo wow that is a long bike ride. My brother used to ride bikes all the time, he finally gave it up after he had a incident with heat and him passing out..LOL. I too am picky about my hair person, but now that it's just long and grey/white I don't worry as much.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 What will you be doing differently to get your weight trending in the right direction this week? Do you have an expected rate of weight loss per week that you would like to see? I would be happy with 0.8 lbs per week as the minimum.

@trooworld Awesome on your sleep scores I never get GOOD on my sleep scores but then the last 5 days my Fitbit says I went to bed around almost 9 pm which I know isn't true. It's definitely messed up somehow. My oxygen rate seems to be better this week but then I don't know that I can trust that data now anyway.

@cbabie Great that you got on the treadmill. Now thinking about that bridal shower, I wonder how many of those nice church ladies wondered if you moved up the wedding date because you HAD to. :D They got disappointed.

Yellow Day Stayed OP 128/150 Intentional Movement: Rest Day

July goals: Green Dot day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water o:) Burn 165 calories via movement o:) Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    Hi all. I got a call from the construction company yesterday and I think they might start work on the bathroom soon, the issue with the insurance might be straightened out soon. I'll be so relieved to have a bathroom again!

@cbabie Yay for getting on the treadmill! Sorry about the phones. I hope you got some reading time in to balance it out. LOL...do you call your sister a rebel??? That's nice that the church threw you a shower. Wow, you still have some of the dishware and use it? It's amazing how things used to be BUILT TO LAST and now it's built to break. :(

@theslightedgeforever Yeah but on the weekend my sleep scores stink. And last night I got bad sleep scores for some reason. If it records the wrong bedtime, you can change what time you went to bed, I've done it. And then it re-evaluates your sleep pattern. That sucks. Looks like you are in the zone this month?

COMMITTED.
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Thanks for the recipe! It is going on next week’s menu for sure. We all love blue cheese in this house. :grin: I am hoping with you that your bathroom will be back soon! :)

@its_cleo Ugghhh not nice to be cussing you out! :# I’m glad you were able to get on your treadmill.

@theslightedgeforever My plan for this week is to fast clean every day and to do at least three or four days where I fast 20+ hours. I don’t have an expected rate of weight loss. I have found whenever I set that expectation I get too upset when it doesn’t happen. I’m trusting the process and believing the weight will follow. *fingers crossed*

Hey everyone! This morning I took mom to get blood work done and then took her to Walmart. She tires out so fast but at least she got out of the house for a bit. Seeing her lack of energy and mobility makes me even more determined to get fit and healthy. So, I came home and let my Barre Blend trainer hurt my body for 40 minutes. :D I broke my 20 hour fast with lemon Greek yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, and walnuts. Seriously tasty!! <3
  • cbabie
    Morning all,
    I didn't get to the treadmill today..baby didn't go to sleep until after midnight. UGH...but I DID walk around my Island in my kitchen for about 17 min..So that counts. LOL. I did terrible on the eating last night, it was PURE Stress..so not going to do that tonight..I will tie my hands to my feet. LOL

@TeresaW1020 Your yogurt sounds YUMMY.

@trooworld Yes its true, they make them to break. Yes I am calling my sister a rebel.LOL. Hopfully you get a bathroom again soon that is fully functional!!! Then your DH and you will be reserving the tub/shower...LOL so you each get equal time in there.

@theslightedgeforever LOL I never once thought they would think that was why I moved my date. LOL. See how our minds work? Great job on staying the course on your plan.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Problem with editing my sleep is that I don't know exactly when I fell asleep. I read until I'm asleep. I know when I woke up though. I've been in the zone for the week but I'm aiming to turn that into a month.

@teresaw1020 My snack was similar to your meal today. I had Greek Yogurt, kiwi, and walnuts.

@cbabie Walking is walking. You were up moving your body and not sitting on the couch. Have you started that book I sent you? :D Just read one page when you are thinking of stress eating. Baby steps.

Red Day 100/100 Intentional Movement: 50 min water aerobics

July goals: green dot days o:) Drink 5 glasses of water :( Burn 165 cals via movement o:) Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 I ended up making it the other night...I will say that you need to make more of the "sauce" for the potato salad, as it came out a bit dry. But the flavor is very good! Thanks re: the bathroom. That's good your Mom and you got out of the house. It's too bad she tires out easily. Sounds like a healthy way to break your fast!

@cbabie I'd say that walk around your island does count! Did you track what you stress-ate? Yes, I can't wait to have to fight over the shower/tub again! lol When we were looking for condos, one of my must-haves was 2 bathrooms! But how did we end up with a condo with one bathroom? My husband picked this "winner" out! LOL And I fell in love with it the minute I saw it. Now it's like the movie, "Money Pit" lol.

@theslightedgeforever Ah, I see. You've got this, you are doing great.

COMMITTED.
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I did get on the tread mill today!!! It was hotter than ### today outside at 7am.

@trooworld I loved that movie...I don't want to be the start of it LOL

@theslightedgeforever No I have not started yet. Well I did start the first page, but got side tracked with things. But thanks that is a great idea about next time stress eating. Today has been very stressful

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited July 2020
    @trooworld How was your food intake this week so far? Money Pit. I loved that movie. Now we're back to where my Versa is not recording my sleep. lol Oh, well, sleep is not a problem to me so I guess I won't worry about it. At least my Fitbit is showing me correct time for the time being. I think there's a malfunction somewhere. I'll ask for a new Fitbit for my birthday in Feb.

@cbabie Yaaaay on the treadmill. I haven't even finished the book myself. I do it on days when I'm not doing my 100 day book. But I just pick up where I left off. Put the book either close to the fridge/pantry so when you do get the urge to emotionally eat, it will be a visual reminder to STOP, pick up the book and read one page. Oh just remembered I sent you a Kindle book. lol That won't work. OK, so print out the cover of the book and hang it on your fridge with a magnet. That will work.

I've done three red days this week so back on my full carb cycling program. Depending on the week it either has 1, 2, 3, or 4 red days. Thursday-Saturday is always the same Green Yellow Green. I purposely did that to fit in with my social life. Back when I had a social life.

Red Day- Stayed OP 59/100 g Intentional Movement: rest day

July goals: green dot days o:) Drink 5 glasses of water :( Burn 165 cals via movement o:) Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Yay for that!!! I hope it cools down for you. Yeah, I loved that movie, too lol!

@theslightedgeforever I've used up all my points including my weekly points but it's been healthy foods for the most part. I did get into some single-serving bags of chips a couple of days which brought my points up. I loved that movie too...until I started living it lol. That's a good idea to ask for a new FitBit for your birthday. That's good you are back to carb cycling, which seemed to work well for you. How did you do so far this week with food? How's your water been?

COMMITTED.