WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - July 2020

Replies

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    @1theresamcvean I understand about the triggers. I can easily get carried away. I think there is a way to post optional viewing for those that would prefer not to peek. I will play with it. Or if anyone knows the answer?
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    07/20 steps 8402
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    @mrsbell8well - I realized this too with posting photos of my baking. I am proud of my creations but realized I may be tempting people when they are hungry. Last time I posted my son’s birthday cake, I used the spoiler function so that the photo is hidden and you have to press on the spoiler to see it. That way, if people are feeling hungry and don’t want to view, they don’t press. The spoiler function is above the post box in the “backwards P” drop down. You simply post your photo in between the two spoiler words in square brackets. Hope that this helps. Love your food and photos, but I understand if some folks are tempted.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited July 2020
    Monday check in
    Food - on target, also on target for alcohol limit for night out
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - 30 min walk
    Thanks for the anniversary wishes everyone. We had a really nice day and evening. Back to reality to today and I am doing some IF today. I just received my first “back to school” marketing email from a clothing company. Omg, this is surreal on a number of levels. It feels like summer just started, but I guess we are in the later part of July. Plus, we won’t know what “back to school” looks like until a about a week before back to school. Everything is just wonky this year.

@minstrelofsarcasm - I am so with you on the peanut butter. Don’t worry too much about one day of stress eating. Today is a new day and you can leave that behind you. Maybe hide the peanut butter today too!

@mrsbell8well - I love your new craft supplies!

@twyla77 - Nice maintain and hope that you are doing well now that you are back at work. I read in the news about some COVID spikes in Alberta and hope that you are staying safe. It happens here in Ontario too, and I guess it is our new reality.

@annliz23 - Outstanding day! I am so impressed by your steps!

@tryingagain5 - Good day again! Resistance training is and weight/body weight exercises are so important. I am trying to incorporate more in my own routine. Good luck with the book!

@1theresamcvean - I am with you on Phase 3. I feel no rush to get there. Phase 2 feels like a nice balance of things opening, but still having safe limits, particularly with our mask by-law (which is not in place in a lot of the province). The owners of the restaurant that we went to last night are from France, which is ahead of us in reopening. They said that in France, many owners are finding it hard to maintain safety standards inside bars and restaurants, so even though Phase 3 would be theoretically good for their business, even they don’t really want to see it happen just yet.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @1theresamcvean
    Yes, the stairs are definitely big steps. It's hard for me, which is why I'm doing it. Same as the running/jogging on the treadmill at the gym but since they're still closed where I am stairs are what it has to be for now.
  • tryingagain5
    @pacsnc6
    It's ok so far but if I don't finish it I won't feel bad about it since it's not holding my interest yet. The books I like the best are the ones that hold my interest from the first page and I don't want to put it down. I'm not finding that with this book.

Some of the others in my club that have finished it said it started off kind of slow but got better as they continued to read so I'll keep going. I now also have another week to finish since the lady who hosts it had a conflict with the date we had scheduled so it's been changed to the following week.
  • tryingagain5
    @jedaschultz
    Happy Anniversary!
  • tryingagain5
    @lenka1
    That's a great screen shot. There's definitely a part of weight loss that involves the mental aspect. Everyone is at a different place in their progress, either on the scale or in the mental aspect of it. Some of us (me) forget that any progress, scale or mental is progress. I tend to look at how far I still have to go instead of looking back and seeing the progress I have already made. Others always point out to me what I have done and tell me not to forget that because what you have done is just as important (or possibly more important since it shows that you are able to do it. That's not to say it won't be hard because it will be but as the saying goes "anything hard is worth it")

I guess that's why my trainer has to remind of the "progress not perfection" and " baby steps" all the time.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 933 Member
    @1theresamcvean I understand about the triggers. I can easily get carried away. I think there is a way to post optional viewing for those that would prefer not to peek. I will play with it. Or if anyone knows the answer?

Please don't overly worry. I love your pics! I may have been sensitive yesterday and wondered whether it may affect others that way too sometimes. Of course, not every dish is like this. You create so many healthy foods and I often get my inspiration from you. It's just the decadent ones that get me sometimes. Big hug.

Also, did you know that Angela Liddon has a new cookbook coming out? It's "Oh She Glows for Dinner: Nourishing Plant-Based Meals to Keep You Glowing" I love her food and she reminds me a bit of you. She's a foodie and also weight conscious.
  • tryingagain5
    @annliz23
    Do you want to come over and clean my house.😉

Wow! 25 minutes jogging on the spot! That's great! I may have to add that in as one of my workouts.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,240 Member
    @annliz23

Wow! 25 minutes jogging on the spot! That's great! I may have to add that in as one of my workouts.

I love cleaning it burns so many calories and jogging on the spot doesnt hurt my knees as much normal jogging.🙄
  • tryingagain5
    Tuesday 7/21
    Food: under
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 minutes high intensity bodyweight exercises

I wasn't very hungry so I ended up under my calorie limit. Of course, before I had supper I drank about 32 oz of water. I'm sure that helped me in not eating as much today. Hopefully that helps with my weigh in tomorrow.😁

I'm going in to work early tonight so the extra on my paycheck will be nice. Now that they've moved so many people to other areas we don't have enough people to do the work so now we're allowed to work overtime up to 10 hours per week.
  • tryingagain5
    annliz23 wrote: »
    @annliz23

I love cleaning it burns so many calories and jogging on the spot doesnt hurt my knees as much normal jogging.🙄

I'll have to remember that cleaning burns a lot of calories. Maybe it will help me get my cleaning done.🤔
  • 1theresamcvean
    annliz23 wrote: »
    Another good day

Cleaned the house top to bottom
    2 walks total 8.40 miles
    25 minute jogging on the spot
    2189 total calories
    20,291 steps

If I can do it you can too, good luck!

Wow, your jogging on the spot is sheer dedication. I mean, I've done 400 steps or something for my Fitbit total but phew! Good for you. :blush:
  • 1theresamcvean
    podperson1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Sorry have missed a week. Been totally rubbish and gained this week but here we go:

Weigh in
    username - podperson1
    week - 4?
    PW - 178.0
    CW - 180.4

Aw, Shelli, I hope things look up for you soon. Come by and say hi sometimes, no need to keep up with everyone's posts. Just say hello and we'll cheer you up if we can. Lots of hugs.
This discussion has been closed.